pixeltracker

High School Musical audition songs....

High School Musical audition songs....

jessikax09 Profile Photo
jessikax09
#1High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 12:12am

...For a local theatre in my area.
I know something like this has been posted before, but I didn't want to go back in the boards to find it.

They said to try out with a pop song or a song from the production.

I don't feel quite comfortable with a plain ole' Top 40 pop song by Kelly Clarkson or something like that, nor do I think that any of the songs from High School Musical would best showcase my voice and abilities and I would rather blow them out of the water with something else to show that I am good for not only High School Musical but also other productions they have.

I am trying out for Gabriella or Sharpay.
I am a soprano.
Any sugestions on some songs from any shows that are some what "poppy"?

Thanks.

-Don't let anyone tell you you can't reach the stars when there are footprints in the moon.- p.s. display picture was a dress rehersal...stop asking why the seats are empty please ;)

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#2re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 12:14am

"Hairspray"
"Legally Blonde" - Sharpay
Glinda's songs - Sharpay

I'll think of more

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#2re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 12:15am

"notice me horton" from seussical! or maybe "popular"

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

jessikax09 Profile Photo
jessikax09
#3re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 12:19am

It's like you guys are reading my mind haha.
I've thought a lot about Galinda/Glinda's songs for Sharpay.

But in all honesty, I want the lead... any sugesstions for Gabriella?

-Don't let anyone tell you you can't reach the stars when there are footprints in the moon.- p.s. display picture was a dress rehersal...stop asking why the seats are empty please ;)

into_the_woods2
#4re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 12:22am

no joke, download notice me horton, i really think its a good gabrielle song

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#5re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 12:22am

Sharpay's just as big as Gabriella

OK: It's not exactly poppy, but "Astonishing" from Little Women Updated On: 6/6/08 at 12:22 AM

into_the_woods2
#6re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 12:25am

"astonishing" is more for a mezzo

jessikax09 Profile Photo
jessikax09
#7re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 11:29am

Just moving this post up to the top :)

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#8re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 2:28pm

Look at Footloose. (A theatre in my area did HSM and Footloose in the same season, and the girls who played Gabriella and Sharpay, respectively, played Ariel and Rusty.)

jessikax09 Profile Photo
jessikax09
#9re: High School Musical audition songs....
Posted: 6/6/08 at 8:14pm

I know this is a really big and popular production right now, especially because of the new reality show... but would So Much Better from Legally Blonde work for Sharpay... and maybe possibly I'm Not That Girl from Wicked for Gabriella?

I know they're both popular shows... But this is a very small, local theatre and if I do something that's well known very well... they I think it would be probably be better for me.

What opinions does everyone have on that?

Videos