pixeltracker

First show you saw alone..- Page 5

First show you saw alone..

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#100re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/20/08 at 8:04pm

The first show I saw alone was CONTACT at the Vivian Beaumont... Followed by LES MISERABLES (Original Broadway run), BOMBAY DREAMS, ALL SHOOK UP, A CHORUS LINE (Revival), and PASSING STRANGE.

By the way BW is such a sweet distraction from school work! haha.

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#101re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/24/08 at 11:01am

Not Broadway, but I saw "Songs my Mother Taught Me" with Lorna Luft all by myself...
I was in the front row and everyone around me was about 50 years my senior.

AMAZING show, though.

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

Marissa2 Profile Photo
Marissa2
#102re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/24/08 at 11:24am

The only time I've ever seen a show alone was Rent, the Saturday matinee before the show closed. I won the Finale B contest, and only got one ticket. It was a good experience for me to be alone one of the last times I saw it, and I got to observe the audience around me better than I could when I was with someone.

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#103re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/24/08 at 3:10pm

"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" with Kathleen Turner and Charles Durning. It was my first trip to NYC. I was second row on the aisle and was in heaven. Chatting with the guy sitting next to me and he lived about 20 minutes away from my apt and was visiting NYC too. Small world.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#104re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/24/08 at 3:35pm

Saw Grease last Christmas week by myself. Had a TKTS gift certificate to use (it was a gift) and wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt and see Max and Laura. I should have picked a better show.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#105re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/24/08 at 4:42pm

To correct the earlier post -- Shirley MacLaine was NOT discovered and whisked to Hollywood per one performance replacing Carol Haney in THE PAJAMA GAME back in 1955.

It was after her 2nd appearance filling in for Haney that a rep for Alfred Hitchcock caught her performance. She was given a filmed 'personality' screen-test then returned to the chorus of THE PAJAMA GAME for several months before Hollywood came a-calling in the form of Alfred Hitchcock's film THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY.

She remained in THE PAJAMA GAME and gave ample notice before she left the show to become the legendary film actress she would become. She didn't just get 'discovered' one night and become a Hollywood actress overnight.