HDYSAPLM :)

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#1HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/12/08 at 9:52pm

So the Canadian version of How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria is currently down to 6 contestants.
The current frontrunner is Janna Polzin, who is my least favorite.
What do people think?

Defying Gravity Updated On: 7/12/08 at 09:52 PM

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#2re: HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/12/08 at 10:53pm

Allie Hughes, who was my pick (and who I have seen perform many times and has an innate quirkiness and freshness that I think was perfect for the role) got kicked off so I stopped caring. Apparently the production values are terrible with the lights being too dim, the mics being terrible, and the judges being self important and boderline offensive. Too bad because it could have been a great showcase for Canadian musical theatre talent.

Akiva

memphreblues
#2re: HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/13/08 at 2:38am

That was actually the first episode I watched (I kept forgetting about it), and I was NOT impressed with her Defying Gravity. It seemed like she talked through most of the challenging parts.

I loved the girl who sang Cabaret. Everyone else was so-so.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/13/08 at 2:40am

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 02:40 AM

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#4re: HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/13/08 at 2:44am

This performance was terrible. How embarrassing.

heathurrr
#5re: HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/13/08 at 6:23pm

I haven't watched it in a while. I forgot about it until today when my local paper had a story on one of the finalists that is from my province. I think I'm going to watch tonight.

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Dearest, how can this be so? You were dead, you know. - Candide

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

(My avatar? Why, yes! That is Laura Benanti making out with a chick!)

Link Larkin Wanabe
#6re: HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/13/08 at 6:36pm

Which province is that heathurr? (I'm from Alberta boy originally, but now an Ontario man).

Akiva

heathurrr
#7re: HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/13/08 at 7:00pm

Nova Scotia!

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

heathurrr
#8re: HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/13/08 at 7:14pm

Wow, I'm really surprised that they don't perform musical theatre numbers every week...

and also that, on tonight's episode, the host called ALW "the lord"... what a brilliant comedian he is.

Link Larkin Wanabe
#9re: HDYSAPLM :)
Posted: 7/13/08 at 7:20pm

Hah I have a job interview for a Nova Scotia gig this week.

Akiva

Videos