Ok the official listing:

BCS: (The Majestic Theatre)
The Second City - On Tour: Nov 11-16, 2008
Three Redneck Tenors Christmas Spectacular: Nov 28-30, 2008
Bob the Builder Live!: Feb 21-22, 2009
The Rat Pack - Live at the Sands: Mar 3-8, 2009
The Pajama Game: Mar 10-15, 2009
Frost/Nixon: Apr 28-May 3, 2009

DSM Main Season: (Music Hall at Fair Park)
Tarzan: Mar 17-29, 2009
Rent: May 5-10, 2009
Fiddler on the Roof: May 19-24, 2009
Happy Days - The Musical: May 26-June 7, 2009
The Wizard of Oz: June 9-21, 2009
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: June 23-July 5, 2009
A Chorus Line: July 7-19, 2009
Legally Blonde: July 21-Aug 2, 2009
Mary Poppins: Sept 24-Oct 18, 2009
*101 Dalmatians - The Musical: On Sale 2009

*What's up with 101 Dalmatians?! That's interesting

NY_Broadway2 Profile Photo
NY_Broadway2
#26re: DSM 2009
Posted: 9/30/08 at 1:36pm

Did anybody see Chitty while it was on Broadway? Is it any good? I like the movie but I don't know about the show. I'm interested in Fiddler too...I can't believe Topol is still peroforming in it. That's insane. And I have no idea about the 101 Dalmations musical. I mean are they really going to have a ton of dalamations on the stage? That would be hard to train all those dogs and make them do what they need to do each show.

If you hide from yourself, be someone else for someone else's sake, that would be the greatest mistake - bare

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#27re: DSM 2009
Posted: 9/30/08 at 5:57pm

Fiddler is good if you've never seen it. I really like the show itself - not sure about this tour.

No idea on Chitty or Dalmations. I don't have a real interest in either one.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

NY_Broadway2
#28re: DSM 2009
Posted: 10/2/08 at 11:30am

I saw the Color Purple last night and it was interesting. I kind of don't have much of an opinion of it. I just found it to be decent. I think there were some really standout performers in the show but I didn't really think the show was that great. I don't know if it should've been turned into a musical. I think the movie/book is way better. Jeanette Bayardelle (Celie) is phenomenal! And so is Felicia Fields (Sofia). But the show is just ok. Has anybody else seen it previously or planning on seeing it?

If you hide from yourself, be someone else for someone else's sake, that would be the greatest mistake - bare

hermionejuliet
#29re: DSM 2009
Posted: 10/2/08 at 7:07pm

I'll be seeing it Sunday afternoon. I'm looking forward to it.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

DWalk
#30re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/4/08 at 6:44pm

On the main board they are saying that the Tarzan tour have been cancelled. Does anyone have any info on what DSM plans to do to bring the show in or replace it?

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#31re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/5/08 at 12:59pm

According to a report on NPR this week, no decision has been made.

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

NY_Broadway2
#32re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/5/08 at 1:25pm

I hope they decide to bring something good. The season next year isn't all that great to me so I hope they open it with a great show. I didn't really care to see Tarzan all that much. But I'm sure they will do something like another return for Wicked or Mamma Mia.

hermionejuliet
#33re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/5/08 at 8:22pm

I doubt they will be able to snag Wicked. That tour seems to be scheduled years in advance. You might be right about Mamma Mia. I would hope for Spring Awakening, but I'm sure it will be a family oriented show.

shaun3000
#34re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/8/08 at 1:22am

Like Rent is family-oriented?? They've had plenty of shows over the years that I wouldn't exactly call family-friendly. The Spring Awakening tour currently ends August 3, so here's hoping for Spring Awakening!!

NY_Broadway2
#35re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/9/08 at 1:23pm

They won't bring Spring Awakening. I've heard them say before that they would never bring that show as part of their season. I think they are leaving shows like that for the new facility in Dallas to bring once they open up. I wish they would bring it though. The closest city to bringing it is Houston. I might have to make a road trip.

hermionejuliet
#36re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/9/08 at 5:31pm

I would doubt that they would bring Spring Awakening, and I am actually shocked that they are bring Rent in as part of their summer season.

I meant to say that they would bring in a family oriented show because it is replacing a family show - Tarzan. They need something similar for those who have purchased season subscriptions.

NY_Broadway2
#37re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/10/08 at 9:14am

I'm with you Hermione. I was completely shocked when I heard they were bringing in Rent but it's also not part of their season subscription. It's an add-on to the season so that's how they are getting away with it I believe. None of the regular season subscribers are really going to want to see that. It will be mainly other people who will purchase tickets to it.

Kermit1103
#38re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/11/08 at 10:15pm

DSM has actually brought Rent in before - it played the Majestic several years ago.

NY_Broadway2
#39re: DSM 2009
Posted: 12/12/08 at 11:44am

But the series at the Majestic is the Contemporary Series which is more "racy" things than the Summer Season series they have. And I just checked their website and I guessed it correctly...they are bringing Mamma Mia! back in for next season as a replacement for Tarzan. GO figure...

steveo67 Profile Photo
steveo67
#40re: DSM 2009
Posted: 4/10/09 at 1:59pm

"are they really going to have a ton of dalamations on the stage"

Yup, they're being trained right now! Can only hope a pup or 2 hasn't had to much water before it's entrance... HA!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

steveo67 Profile Photo
steveo67
#41re: DSM 2009
Posted: 4/13/09 at 11:19am

Due to some tour scheduling issues, opening night of FROST/NIXON has been pushed back one night from April 28th to the 29th. Think it had something to do with them not being able to get here in time from the previous tour stop.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

husk_charmer
#42re: DSM 2009
Posted: 5/6/09 at 11:23pm

Is there a discount code for Chorus Line or Fiddler?

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer