News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for shaun3000

Member Name: shaun3000
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Frost/Nixon -- Watch the movie or play, first?
 Apr 25 2009, 07:11:10 PM
I have tickets to the Frost/Nixon tour on Wednesday. I have the Frost/Nixon BD sitting in front of me. Should I watch the movie before I see the play or wait until after?
Vague subject header with ellipses
 Jan 9 2009, 12:33:14 PM
It is a timeless story. Rent is a modern retelling of Puccini's classic opera, La bohème; arguably the most popular opera and definitely one of the most frequently-performed. I think the reasons La bohème is so popular are easily transferred to Rent.
rent cinecast dvd
 Nov 8 2008, 05:40:56 PM
This is true but the information on DVD Talk is generally fairly solid.
rent cinecast dvd
 Nov 8 2008, 01:58:59 PM
Here's something more concrete: According to http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/543235-rent-recent-sony-hot-ticket-broadway-recording.html#post9059344 it will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on February 3. The official announcement from Sony will be November 24.
re: Original Production of Chicago
 Nov 7 2008, 09:30:21 PM
Just to clarify, are we talking about the Original 1975 production of CHICAGO footage? I wonder if YouTube would have anything about the Original 1975 production of CHICAGO footage... Original 1975 production of CHICAGO footage would be quite interesting to watch.
re: 101 Dalmatians - The Musical?
 Sep 28 2008, 11:04:01 PM
Yeah, it doesn't. It's pretty misleading, if you ask me. The DSM site (http://www.dallassummermusicals.org/2009/index.shtml) shows it immediately following Mary Poppins and seems to imply it's a new, Disney show. More likely than not, it's a crap show along the same lines as Bob the Buider[and Happy Days. What amazes me is people still pay $75 a seat for that ****.

re: Les Mis tour in Dallas 6/21/06
 Jun 22 2006, 04:53:31 PM
[quote]It's the TOTAL opposite, however, for Melissa Lyons (Eponine).[/quote]

Maybe your Playbill didn't have the evening's cast slips in it, but the Eponine understudy, Marissa McGowan, was on. That's probably why she was so damned good, she wasn't bored to death with her role.

re: Dirty rotten scoundrels tour website?
 Mar 2 2006, 06:59:03 PM
It's coming to Dallas Oct 2-22. Anyone word on the cast, yet?
re: BIG: The Musical
 Apr 24 2005, 10:07:10 PM
Saw it in Dallas some years ago. Forgive me for being blunt but it sucked.
re: Lion King on Broadway vs. Tour
 Feb 7 2005, 05:39:55 PM
I've seen both. Saw the tour in Dallas in 2003 and on Broadway in 2004.

They are nearly identical, including the actual performances. Pride rock comes out of the wings but still spirals around once on stage.

re: RENT Movie, set in 1985?
 Dec 2 2004, 03:12:08 PM
spiderdj82 said, " How much you want to bet there will be organizations trying their best to stop people from seeing this movie?"

I bet there will be. When I saw it in NYC with my girlfriend, last year, the couple next to us were from Ohio. They said they wanted to see a show but had no idea what to see so someone recommended Rent to them. They had no idea what it was about. They didn't come back after intermission.

re: Phantom of the Opera Ad campaign
 Dec 2 2004, 03:00:13 PM
Considering the official logo contains a mask that covers most of the face, I don't think WB flipping the image around in some of the posters is that big of a deal.
re: To whiteboy spice
 Nov 10 2004, 12:42:48 AM
Nah, the second would have to be the NEXT year. Har...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You