backstage

soon2bstar Profile Photo
soon2bstar
#1backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:47pm

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a backstage tour because my friend was wondering and wanted to do that for her little sister's birthday because her sister loves Broadway. If you guys could give tips or anything that would be amazing and very helpful.

defyingravity23 Profile Photo
defyingravity23
#2re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:52pm

It is really a dick move to ask for one.

Hey Mods how about unbanning my old account (Defyingravity07). Which was supposed to be freed on August 18th here we are August 21st and it is still blocked.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:05pm

Anytime I get a backstage tour it's because I know someone in the show. I guess maybe you could call the box office and they could direct you to the stage manager. Just a thought. It would be a great birthday present, so I hope you get one!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#3re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:10pm

I would suggest writing to a stage manager c/o the theatre and inquire about the possibility. Also sometimes at the flea market a backstage tour can be purchased (I know The Producers did this a few years ago)

soon2bstar Profile Photo
soon2bstar
#4re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:15pm

Thank you guys so much I will try my best to help hy friend with the planning

Oh and p.s defyinggravity23 what do you mean it's a dick move to ask for one not trying to be rude i was just curious

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#5re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:16pm

I'm guessing defying is meaning if you were just stage dooring and were like "hey you're great, can I come backstage"

defyingravity23 Profile Photo
defyingravity23
#6re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:19pm

^Yeah^

Hey Mods how about unbanning my old account (Defyingravity07). Which was supposed to be freed on August 18th here we are August 21st and it is still blocked.

soon2bstar Profile Photo
soon2bstar
#7re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:58pm

oh ok... I thought it would be planned ahead of time maybe like before a performance so the actors could do what they need at the stage door and then just go home

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#8re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 9:45pm

It is somewhat difficult to get backstage. The only way I have gotten to go is because I knew someone in the company. I would try and contact the stage manager and explain how its someones birthday and it would be great if you could possibly get a tour. But I wouldn't expect a yes. expect a no bc u dont want to get your hopes up. :) hope everything works out! :)

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#9re: backstage
Posted: 8/23/08 at 10:38pm

I would think they would say no because of insurance issues, but you should still give it a shot.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

wicked4l
#10re: backstage
Posted: 8/24/08 at 12:06pm

I've managed to get backstage at WICKED three different times. In Buffalo, Toronto, and on Broadway. Each time I had been writing to a certain cast member before I saw the specific show. In Buffalo the Glinda understudy took me backstage just because she knew I was a big fan of the show and I had seen it there before. On Broadway I got a backstage tour with Kelly Clarkson becasue she saw the show that night too, it was pretty sweet.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#11re: backstage
Posted: 8/24/08 at 12:19pm

shows like WICKED and LITTLE MERMAID and MARY POPPINS are very strict about backstage tours (with liability and supervision).

you have a better chance for shows like HAIRSPRAY and SPRING AWAKENING and RENT.

speaking from experience, at least.

broadwayyydude
#12re: backstage
Posted: 8/24/08 at 12:28pm

Drowsy Chaperone Tour - Succeed
Spelling Bee - Succeed

Go before the show and ask a crew member, not an actor!

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#13re: backstage
Posted: 8/24/08 at 12:29pm

On my 13th Birthday I went backstage for IN The Heights. What I did was I talked to Chris Jackson and Doreen before the show (they was just walking by the street.) And I told him how much i loved the show and that seeing the show again was my big birthday present(I live 5 hours away so NYC isn't an often trip) Then he told me to ask the stage manager to page him after the show. So I saw the show (Which was AMAZING as usual) I went out and asked for Chris. He brought me backstage and enterduced me to every one exept Lin and I talked for a while then he asked if I had ever met Lin and I said No and he took me to Lin's Dressing Room and I talked to Lin and took a few pictures. I talked to him about the show and it's evolution and it sliped out that I had the 2002 demo. He was really surprised by that but we talked about what stayed and stuff. The whole cast was soooooo nice. That was the best Birthday!

Videos