pixeltracker

Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less

Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less

Maraclea2 Profile Photo
Maraclea2
#1Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/8/08 at 7:05am

Plus, there's a nice little video snippet in the link.
Bringing the splatter zone to everyone

But you are, my love, the astronaut/ Flying in the face of science/ I will gladly stay an afterthought/ Just bring back some nice reminders

DidYouReallyHearMe
#2re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/8/08 at 7:51am

Yay!! I'm excited for that!!

exedore
#2re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/8/08 at 8:51am

That sounds frickin' amazing.

HollyDiver
#3re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/8/08 at 9:58am

Ha! I am excited for that!

I'd rather be reckless than rockless.

SkierRob02 Profile Photo
SkierRob02
#4re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/8/08 at 10:35am

3-D will definitely work for this piece. The blood literally spurted off the stage. Good call! I'll be there.

"Theater is not only the meeting place of all the arts, but the return of art to life." -- Oscar Wilde

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#5re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/8/08 at 7:41pm

Great news. Especially that they are working on another sequel. It really does need to be updated. I'll be looking out to add it to my scary DVD collection. I wish they would bring the show out to the West Coast. We love Bruce Campbell's, Ash character. He's too funny. One of the great highlights of the Spiderman Movies is trying to find out what part Bruce will be playing in the Movie this time.

I don't mind seeing the show with other stage performers though either. It will be a real treat and yes, I am happy to see more stage work on DVD! Than I can watch them a 1000 times because it's better than television or the fake news shows around these days. What fun it must be to play all of this on a stage. Congratulations to the cast and crew for this accomplishment. Thanks Raimi, for giving us a really, funny, campy show.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#6re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/8/08 at 7:52pm

Did not see it but this in 3 D is great news

Assume it will be on DVD after its run. 3 D on DVD still does is not great. Maybe this would be the exception.

Poster Emeritus

Craww
MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#8re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/9/08 at 12:41am

I...I think I just died and went to heaven!!!!

Or in this case died and was possessed by a Candarian demon!
excuse me for this but:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#9re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/9/08 at 1:05am

Tkt2Ride, Bruce Campbell is the only reason I tune into Burn Notice ever week. If you haven't you should check it out. He's hilarious as usual.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#10re: Evil Dead: The Musical coming to a theater near you - in 3D no less
Posted: 9/10/08 at 6:27pm

Hey thanks! We love the man and I should have known this already. Now we have to find the old episodes. Eh, it will come out on DVD next season. We never see enough of ol' Bruce. He makes having a chainsaw look like fun.

Videos