Part of a Painting from Edges

heathurr2 Profile Photo
heathurr2
#1Part of a Painting from Edges
Posted: 9/10/08 at 8:26pm

I am in love with this song.
In a way, it reminds me of SITPWG, in that the song says everything George just couldn't.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here's a link to the song: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MP-s1M1JDDI
It's from the beginning of the video until the 4:30 mark.

Why must I be in love with something that doesn't have a cast recording?
Anyone else feel the love?

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

"I think it's appropriate: iSondheim - a Sondheim for the new generation! (wailing guitar riff) Get your kids hooked early on Sondheim, so they'll grow up to be just as emotionally stilted and self-conscious as we are! - BustopherPhantom

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#2re: Part of a Painting from Edges
Posted: 9/10/08 at 8:29pm

I love Edges, it's so great.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#2re: Part of a Painting from Edges
Posted: 9/10/08 at 8:31pm

There are many pretentious asswipes on here who love the contemporary music of both Schwartz and JRB but continue to leave Pasek & Paul out in the cold.

They won the Larson Award, for songwriting, last year.

They have also been commissioned to write a musical for the Lincoln Center (Underground), they are working on a new musical with a young playwright who has a play premiering on Broadway this fall, are in contention to write the NEW Batman musical (based strictly on the newer Dark Knight movies), and are working on a new movie musical for ABC Family.

Love their work so much! Pasek & Paul love right here, heather.

heathurr2 Profile Photo
heathurr2
#3re: Part of a Painting from Edges
Posted: 9/10/08 at 8:33pm

Ooh, thanks TDH. That is really exciting!

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

"I think it's appropriate: iSondheim - a Sondheim for the new generation! (wailing guitar riff) Get your kids hooked early on Sondheim, so they'll grow up to be just as emotionally stilted and self-conscious as we are! - BustopherPhantom

kerrylongphoto Profile Photo
kerrylongphoto
#4re: Part of a Painting from Edges
Posted: 9/10/08 at 9:18pm

Fans of Justin Paul can currently catch him onstage as the new music director of "Altar Boyz"!

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#5re: Part of a Painting from Edges
Posted: 9/10/08 at 9:28pm

They do have a website and you can buy the demo cd which has most of the music from Edges on it. Different lyrics in places...they are my favorite composers

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#6re: Part of a Painting from Edges
Posted: 9/11/08 at 2:00am

If any of you Edges fans are in the Toronto area, stay tune because its being revived here after a successful concert version last year. Check for updates here: http://www.edgestoronto.com/

Akiva

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#7re: Part of a Painting from Edges
Posted: 9/11/08 at 7:35am

I love EDGES as well! Benj and Justin are so talented!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Videos