Quick Trip, Suggestions?

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#1Quick Trip, Suggestions?
Posted: 9/27/08 at 9:25am

So, even though I am off at school, I told myself I would see Legally Blonde before it closes. So I am going out October 10-12 and I need to figure out what else I wanna rush. I don't wanna pay full price for anything. I'm torn between 13, A Tale of Two Cities. trying the lotto for Title of Show, August Osage County, and trying lotto for In The Heights. I've already seen TOS and ITH. Thanks guys!!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: Quick Trip, Suggestions?
Posted: 9/27/08 at 9:33am

Gypsy and Boeing-Boeing. If you want to save $, I would buy a balcony ticket for Boeing-Boeing, the $20 box seats don't give off that good of a view. It's a great show!

Have a fun weekend!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#2re: Quick Trip, Suggestions?
Posted: 9/27/08 at 9:58am

I'd suggest August, if you want to catch the show before Amy Morton leaves. I know the have student rush for under $30.

broadwayfan310
#3re: Quick Trip, Suggestions?
Posted: 9/27/08 at 10:00am

A Tale Of Two Cities. I am a huge fan and my daughter just went with 45 kids from her drama club. They all loved it everyone of them. If you want to leave the theatre feeling moved this is the show. Have a great weekend!

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#4re: Quick Trip, Suggestions?
Posted: 9/27/08 at 1:47pm

I'm definitely looking for suggestions too. I'm going the same weekend, and now that Xanadu moved its closing date I have a show opening. I might possibly catch a Billy Elliot preview... not sure.

If you haven't seen August, then you HAVE to see that! Especially while Amy Morton is still in it.

If you are between ToTC and 13... I would probably go with ToTC just because people say 13 is just bad. Or you can do what I'm doing and wait for the 13 recording to come out and see if you like the songs enough to sit through the production...

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#5re: Quick Trip, Suggestions?
Posted: 9/27/08 at 1:51pm

I would do ATOTC and [tos] (or Boeing-Boeing as said!). I saw 13 and it really is not for everyone, despite what others may say. Well, I'm going to assume you're not in the age range "it speaks to" aka 13-15. But it just wasn't that special, other than the cast and a few songs in the style of JRB (which all are not re: Quick Trip, Suggestions?!). ATOTC was spectacular, and has one of the greatest casts I've ever seen, and with the grosses who knows how long it could last re: Quick Trip, Suggestions? (Reported running costs are around $500000 I believe someone said on here!). First row looks bad from where I sat (Row N) because the stage is hihg, but I don't know first hand!

Good luck!

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#6re: Quick Trip, Suggestions?
Posted: 9/27/08 at 5:11pm

gypsy gypsy gypsy gypsy gypsy

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Kred
#7re: Quick Trip, Suggestions?
Posted: 9/27/08 at 10:42pm

Definately ATOTC...Saw it twice. Best voices on Broadway. Finally a new "big" show. We love, love, love it!

Videos