News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for geekgirl06

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
Member Name: geekgirl06
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Shows seen on Broadway:
- August: Osage County
- In the Heights
- Sunday in the Park...
- Gypsy (Patti Lupone)
- Company
- Spring Awakening (x3)
- The History Boys
- Avenue Q
- Spelling Bee
- Sweeney Todd
- The Wedding Singer
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- The Lion King
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- James Joyce's The Dead
- Kiss Me Kate

If only Colorado were closer to New York :(

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PARADISE SQUARE Chicago Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews
 Nov 8 2021, 08:02:22 PM

Saw the Sunday matinee.  Got a rush ticket for $39 10min before curtain.  House was half empty, so if anyone is in Chicago, this is a pretty easy rush ticket to get.

gingersnap2 said: "The ovation ofter "Let It Burn" was thrilling. It's really a great song. I wish something specific motivated it, though. For example, if Annie didn't want to leave the saloon during the riots, then Nelly could sing "Let It Burn" to convince her that they are

Chicago Rush
 Sep 25 2021, 11:23:32 AM
Tried today. Got there at 9:20, only 11 people in front of me. By the doors opened that number had doubled. There were no rush tickets available for either show but they were selling Standing Room for $27
Princess Diana Musical, DIANA, Set for World Premiere at La Jolla Playhouse
 Apr 17 2019, 02:58:35 AM

Saw this last Friday with super low expectations, and surprisingly loved it.  Does it need work?  Yes, but it has some great songs and sequences.  I personally loved the ending.  Was it abrupt?  Yes.  But for an ending anybody over the age of 25 knows is coming, it was such a beautiful yet intense way to handle it.  Yes, some of the songs are forgettable, but who remembers all the songs their first time seeing a new musical?  And it has some standouts,

re: Favourite Thing About Shows/Performers You Don't Like
 Jan 3 2009, 06:45:27 PM
Young Frankenstein has one of the most intricate sets on stage and I did love seeing my money on the stage.

"A Little More Homework" is a really touching song from 13, and it makes me kind of tear up, especially when I think that in a few more years I'm leaving school forever. It seems like it could be a really touching graduation song.

"Defying Gravity" is a wonderful Act I closer, hands down a thrilling moment in the show and is definitely the reason I've seen Wicked twice.

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Jan 3 2009, 01:25:28 PM
I only like Disney movies for the new songs.

Patti LuPone... wonderful actress, great singer, but she shouldn't do any shows unless Sondheim has touched them. Because I can't even listen to the 95 Pal Joey recording. And her Reno makes me cringe. In fact, I like Madonna better as Evita.

The Producers is one of the worst shows to ever win a Tony and how it one the most Tony's ever is beyond me. The only way I could see it winning anything is by comparing it to the abominatio

re: One Bway song you absolutely love but others might not expect
 Jan 3 2009, 02:46:46 AM
"Every Day a Little Death" is my all-time favorite showtune. Hands down.

And for some reason I really love "Champagne" from ITH which is weird because it almost isn't even a song, but I LOVE it!

And I really like "Waiting for this Moment" from Tarzan. I still don't know why, but it's really catchy.

re: The Shows You Saw This Year:
 Jan 3 2009, 02:39:12 AM
Shows I saw in 2008... that I remember:

Broadway:
Gypsy
In the Heights
August: Osage County
Sunday in the Park...
Spring Awakening
Equus
[title of show] (x2 w/ closing)
South Pacific

Off-Broadway:
Next to Normal

Tour:
Avenue Q
Sweeney Todd
Drowsy Chaperone
Jersey Boys
A Chorus Line

Regional:
The Last 5 Years
Speech and Debate
A Christmas Carol
Little Shop of Horrors

School Product

re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 3 2009, 02:27:19 AM
I was named after a Shakespeare character, so it would only be fitting to keep the names theatre related :)

So with that, my top baby name is:
Mother's Younger Brother

No, really, I've always liked the names Toby and Hunter. Or Louise for a girl.

I have no idea about these shows
 Jan 3 2009, 02:10:07 AM
Mostly older shows, like Mame, Pal Joey and Babes in Arms. Some others of the top of my head:

Anyone Can Whistle
Candide
Brigadoon
Kismet
Grand Hotel
Contact
Shenandoah
42nd Street
Aspects of Love
The Rink
Woman in White
Starlight Express
Oh! Calcutta!
Baby
A New Brain
Any musical with the word Falsetto anywhere in the title

And even though I have the music practically memorized on each, I would really like to see prod

re: Theatre Songs Not From Musicals
 Jan 1 2009, 04:57:50 PM
Every time I hear Josh Groban's "The Prayer" I think it's from a show.
re: Has this ever happened to you inside any theater?
 Dec 25 2008, 02:20:59 AM
Not a fire alarm, but I recently saw the tour of Jersey Boys in Denver, and near the end of the show a false medical emergency in the Mezzanine stopped the show. It was weird because all you could hear were all these people yelling "Lights! Lights!" and it sounded like part of the show. Good thing it was just a false alarm though!
re: Would it be a bad idea for me and my friend to try to get a ticket for
 Dec 24 2008, 01:37:02 PM
Is it sad that I'm Christian yet my Christmas tradition is still a movie and chinese food?

Anyway, I expect it will be busy since yes, they are at night so people will be going as gifts. But yet again, in this economy, who knows?

re: Jersey Boys, Gypsy, or ITH?
 Dec 24 2008, 01:32:10 PM
This is a really, really tough decision! Both Gypsy and ITH are AMAZING! But Gypsy is closing and it has Patti LuPone. Which is two reasons why you should chose it over ITH.

Jersey Boys on the other hand is a glorified concert, so don't even bother.

re: Addicting Facebook game
 Dec 24 2008, 10:58:07 AM
Okay I couldn't resist... this IS too addicting! Here is my shuffle. Name the song and the show.

1. "Hey, maybe I'll dye my hair. Maybe I'll move somewhere"
2. "I love my friends and they love me. We're just as close as we can be. And just because we really care, whatever we get we share!"
3. "Overeducated. Understimulated. Over-optimistic. Under prepared."
4. "You can't get alterations on a dress you haven't bought"
5. "Those caddy church bitches give me the blu

Dec 24 2008, 10:31:02 AM
And Elke's:
3. "Die, Vampire Die" - The best musical EVER
4. "A Wonderful Guy" - South Pacific
5. "I Can See It" - The Fantasticks

Dec 24 2008, 10:22:12 AM
spell7107:
1. "You Won't Succeed on Broadway" - Spamalot
3. "Don't Cry Out Loud" - The Boy From Oz
4. "Poor Child" - Lippa's The Wild Party
6. "Tango: Maureen" - RENT
7. "All That Jazz" - Chicago
8. "Fable" - The Light in the Piazza
9. "Move That Thang" - The Wedding Singer
10."In My Life" - Les Mis
11."You Never Say Good Luck..." - The Producers
12."Shine" - Billy Elliot
13."So Much Better" - Legally Blonde
14."By The Sea" - Sweeney Todd
16."C

re: [tos] to reopen?
 Dec 24 2008, 09:49:49 AM
I took the comment to be a joke, but... that would be FANTASTIC if it came back!

And why not? Seriously, you can mention money and producers and whatnot, but there are going to be enough empty theatres by then, and the cast has fun doing the show, and we have fun watching them, so why not? Sure, it will probably be a loss, but by reopening in April it could be a better chance for Tony's and what producer doesn't want one of those for their resume?

re: Me Singing......Critique?
 Dec 24 2008, 09:45:59 AM
Wow, you sound really good! You do need to work on annunciation and definitely acting a little more. Because to me that is the key. You can be a great singer but if you can't give yourself to the song 100% emotionally than it just becomes boring. But other than that, you definitely have the basis to become great one day!
re: 13 or PAL JOEY?
 Dec 23 2008, 02:49:15 AM
I would just like to point out that according the signature, the OP has already seen Gypsy... still, even seeing it again with be a bajillion times better choice than seeing either of the shows you mentioned.
re: If You Could Revive 1 Show & Cast It
 Dec 23 2008, 02:45:06 AM
Definitely A Little Night Music.

And I haven't thought of a cast, but Drunk Chita Rivera's cast looks pretty perfect, so I will second that one.

And [title of show] with the original cast

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You