pixeltracker

Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?- Page 2

Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?

being.jeremiah
#25re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/6/08 at 12:59am

Is that the show with a young 13-year old kid who moved to Appleton, Indiana?

All my son's loser friends?

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#26re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/6/08 at 4:55pm

"All your son's what?"

(nearly spits out water I'm drinking)

Thank you, I needed to laugh today.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

Broadwaynerd101
#27re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/6/08 at 6:00pm

Get over it!

See the replacment!!

tommigyrl5
#28re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/6/08 at 6:02pm

well tickets were charged on my Mom's cc and she doesn't want to see the replacement either.

being.jeremiah
#29re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/6/08 at 10:38pm

Just donate them to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Trekkie2
#30re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/6/08 at 10:44pm

"well tickets were charged on my Mom's cc"

Um, yeah, that pretty much says it all right there.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#31re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/6/08 at 11:07pm

Oh, leave the OP alone. At $111 per ticket, if the person you want to see isn't in it, you've already see the show and you can sell your tickets, why not? I don't understand all the ridicule and name-calling.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

tommigyrl5
#32re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/7/08 at 2:37pm

thanks pennywise. In reality, no one here knows anything about me so they can say whatever they want. I don't take any of it personally. We all love shows...its just that some are a little more intense about it than others. And that intensity provides me with hours of entertainment. The bottom line is, I don't want these tickets. So if someone does, awesome!

Broadwaynerd101
#33re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/7/08 at 3:36pm

It's one person. I wanted to see Nathan Lane in The Producers. I wasn't disapointed when I got his understudy!

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#34re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/7/08 at 3:40pm

Who knew Chester had fans?

Guess we found her!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

tommigyrl5
#35re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/7/08 at 6:05pm

Bwaynerd...you're you. I'm me. Individuality is in, didn't you hear?

thevolleyballer
#36re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/7/08 at 6:49pm

Well, if you've already seen Chester in Seattle, why not see how Daniel Breaker handles the role?

tommigyrl5
#37re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/7/08 at 9:24pm

cause I didnt like the show enough. I'd see every Billy dance the **** out of that role. But Shrek.......eh.

tommigyrl5
#38re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/8/08 at 3:16pm

Look...people can get on me all they want but does anyone have any sound advice as to how I can get rid of these tickets? I really would like to know.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#39re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/8/08 at 5:10pm

I love how everyone is high and mighty and sanctimonious with regards to what the OP should or shouldn't do with her tickets. Why or how does it effect anyone else? We wouldn't be going through this brouhaha if she had simply said, "I have tickets that I am unable to use. Does anyone want them?"

Anyway, to the OP, I would try Stubhub. I've sold tickets several times on there, and actually ended up with more than I paid for them. They're a very reliable, easy to use service.

You might want to wait until the run starts, though. If this is a big hit, you might be able to get more for them if tickets are hard to come by.
Updated On: 10/8/08 at 05:10 PM

tommigyrl5
#40re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/8/08 at 7:33pm

now THAT is sound advice! Thank you! I never thought of Stub Hub!

dramagirl487
#41re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/8/08 at 7:55pm

To the original poster,

I don't fault you for wanting to sell your ticket at all, your money, your experience.

The only thing i'd say, is since you're selling them at FULL PRICE, its much easier for someone to just pay their OWN $111 and get new tickets, rather than going through the trouble of trusting someone from a message board.

You should consider lowering your price to encourage people to pick you over ordering their own. Remember, theyre doing you a favor by buying them, and it will probably cost you a bit by reducing your prices.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#42re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/8/08 at 8:41pm

I have sold AND bought tickets many times on eBay. I do believe you will pay a lower fee on eBay than you will on StubHub.

I'd be interested in your tickets if you had 4 instead of 3...and if Kecia were still in it. She was my only reason for seeing it. (I'm not kidding.re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets? )

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
Updated On: 10/8/08 at 08:41 PM

tommigyrl5
#43re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/8/08 at 9:31pm

you are right,dramagirl people would be doing me a favor...but i guess since its opening week and will probably sell out quickly, i think i have a shot at getting most if not all of my $ back.

Pennywise...Kecia is FIERCE. I totally get that.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#44re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 10/8/08 at 10:50pm

You should get rid of them quickly if you really want them off your hands.

There are going to be discount codes galore for this show before previews even begin.

The Broadway Theatre is an enormous house, and there's no way they're going to fill it on full price tickets alone unless it becomes a massive hit after the reviews come out.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

tommigyrl5
#45re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:39pm

...these tickets are still available...

tommigyrl5
#46re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 12:48am

I know that no one here cares...lol

but incase someone stumbles upon this thread and wants these tickets, Telecharge gave me my money back for them. They are no longer available.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#47re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 6:02am

Really?

I guess it goes along the same lines as getting your money back if the above the title "name" is out?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

tommigyrl5
#48re: Anyone want to buy my Shrek tickets?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 2:23pm

Yeah. I told them that I bought the tickets before donkey was recast and that I didnt want the tickets anymore. I said that I know they refund $ when leads are out and that I thought this fell under the same category. They agreed and refunded my $400. Thank god!