News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Rights to perform [tos]

parislover87 Profile Photo
parislover87
#1Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 10/14/08 at 2:37am

any idea when or if rights to perform the show will be available?

It's the music and I'm its hapless victim

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#2re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 10/14/08 at 2:44am

Umm probably on Saturday around 2:40pm.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 10/14/08 at 3:37pm

R&H handles the show. I imagine it will be another year or so before you see any regional productions. A year or so after that before any school/community theatres are granted license.

parislover87
#3re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 7:22am

bump

dg22894
#4re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 2:10pm

I agree with Michael Bennett

PiraguaGuy2
#5re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 2:13pm

I can't wait to see every middle school in the country's take on the show!

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

#6re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 2:14pm

To accommodate a "Chorus" you could add people dressed as vampires to move in and out of the action. That would be VERY effective.

dg22894
#7re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 2:32pm

^LOL

I do not think Middle Schools will take it on. I do not think they are allowed due to langauge. Also, middle schools need shows with a large cast. I wanted to do TICK Tick Boom in Middle school but they said that they could not because the cast would not be large enough.

fizzthelibertine
#8re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 4:27pm

Most high schools are apprehensive to put on Rent; I doubt they can handle [tos] unless they clean it up.

midwestsarah
#9re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 4:30pm

I read that Baldwin Wallace is doing the show this spring, but I don't have a credible link handy. This doesn't answer the original question, but hopefully still adds something helpful to the discussion.

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#10re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 4:32pm

Paris Lover - why are you bumping?

You got your answer already from Michael.

As I posted in December (from a local interview), the guys are currently developing two different versions to license and it probably won't be for another 9 - 12 months until they become available.

CateBroadway Profile Photo
CateBroadway
#11re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 4:44pm

I've also read that Baldwin Wallace got the rights to do it in the fall of 2009. I also cannot for the life of me remember where I read that. Maybe on ATC?

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#12re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 4:51pm

The rights aren't available yet, but the "Show Detail" site is.

http://rnhtheatricals.com/show_detail.asp?id=TO

Looks like R&H are just about ready to licence it. That was quick.

TheCharleston
#13re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 5:12pm

that clearly was not the plan when Hunter was asked about it recently...

latitude - posting the show means nothing, in terms of timing. Shows can be posted almost a year before they are released.

Fall of this year does make sense.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#14re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 6:40pm

I'm wondering how this will be adapted for other casts. I mean, will there be regional and high school actors playing Hunter, Jeffy, Heidi and Susan? Or will they be playing themselves playing Hunter, Jeffy, Heidi and Susan...or just themselves putting on their version of the show...or just themselves putting on their own original show...

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

TheCharleston
#15re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/18/09 at 7:29pm

as stated in an interview, it will be a MAD LIBS edition. They didn't reveal how it all works but you essentially play yourselves.

parislover87
#16re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/16/10 at 1:31pm

So i just checked the website and the rights are now available for amateur productions. Does anyone know how much they are?

thanks

ghostlight2
#17re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/16/10 at 1:41pm

Why don't you ask them, parislover? I think they have a "contact us" option on their website titleofshow.com.

"To accommodate a "Chorus" you could add people dressed as vampires to move in and out of the action. That would be VERY effective."

Worked for Rocky Horror.

re: Rights to perform [tos]

#18re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/16/10 at 1:43pm

For most shows there is no "Standard' rate- it's going to depend on the size of the theater, admission charged, number of performances, etc. Just submit your application and see.

dg22894
#19re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/17/10 at 10:58am

Just saying there is the Ringwald Theatre doing it in Michigan that opens friday and so i think they are out

Sh-K-Kate Profile Photo
Sh-K-Kate
#20re: Rights to perform [tos]
Posted: 2/17/10 at 3:17pm

More productions!
---
[tos] at the Arizona Theatre Company
Tucson: January 23 - February 13, 2010
Phoenix: February 18 - March 7, 2010
http://www.aztheatreco.org/index.html?topbar.html&0
---
[tos] at The Signature Theatre
March 30 – June 20, 2010
http://www.sig-online.org/new_seasondescrip.htm

*** To learn more and purchase your favorite CDs visit www.sh-k-boom.com

*** Check out http://shkbuzz.wordpress.com/ for the latest news on what the Sh-K-Artists & shows have been up to... concerts, interviews CD signings and more!

*** To find out which incredibly famous Broadway stars have stopped by the office today and how loud the sirens are outside my window follow us on Twitter @ShKBoom

Videos