pixeltracker

"Billy Elliot" - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **

"Billy Elliot" - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#1"Billy Elliot" - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 12:17am

Just got back from the show. Amazing !! Was able to see David, and now, having seen all (3) Billys, in my opinion, David is the best.

Total triple threat !!! Acts, sings, and dances the role perfectly. His technique is flawless. I thought for a minute that he might get a standing ovation at the end of "Solidarity".

His "electricity" was awesome !

Ok, so a possible spoiler... Was there a tech problem tonight, or did they take the "flying" out of the "Swan Lake" sequence, because it didnt happen, and seemed like the entire number was cut short? Seemed like the harness might not have come down.

Still, show was so amazing !!! Program on sale at the theatre, and given the price ($10 for a limited time), its a must. Really did a great job with it.

NYchmpOfTeenJeopardy Profile Photo
NYchmpOfTeenJeopardy
#2re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 12:32am

"Ok, so a possible spoiler... Was there a tech problem tonight, or did they take the "flying" out of the "Swan Lake" sequence, because it didnt happen, and seemed like the entire number was cut short? Seemed like the harness might not have come down."

What happened was Stephen Hanna was out tonight and his u/s (Kyle DesChamps) is not certified to work with Billy in the harness. Apparently there is a 3 week training intensive to ger certified to ensure the boys safety. So because he was not certified the flying part of the number was cut for the night.

pli1018
#2re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 12:41am

Glad to hear David was great! I saw the show Thursday night with Trent and loved it. I'm definitely going to try and catch all three boys.

And yes, I bought the program as well- it's a great bargain for a fantastic book!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#3re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 12:52am

I was there tonight too, and was wondering about the flying part of Swan Lake.

the show was so wonderful and lovely though. I don't think it's a perfect show, but it was definitely moving.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Testing1232
#4re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 1:01am

<< What happened was Stephen Hanna was out tonight and his u/s (Kyle DesChamps) is not certified to work with Billy in the harness. Apparently there is a 3 week training intensive to ger certified to ensure the boys safety. So because he was not certified the flying part of the number was cut for the night>>

Wow, thanks for that !!! Very interesting !!!

I DID miss it, but show still wonderful !

NityaC
#5re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 11:29am

I'm very interested in seeing Billy Elliot, but since I don't live in NY, and have to fly down there, I'll only maybe get a day or two's chance of watching it - which means I get to only see one Billy...

So far I've heard about equal reviews for all of them, but I guess the triple threat David is topping the list ;D

I'd love to watch any and all three though, if I weren't rapidly running out of money (and time) while I'm there (Or I could always hope the lotto works my way... :P)

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 11:39am

There is no lotto.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Billy Whiz
#7re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 11:55am

NityaC - Don't worry who you see as Billy. They are all equally talented.

NityaC
#8re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 12:21pm

"There is no lotto."

Cheers. :|

"Don't worry who you see as Billy. They are all equally talented."

Yeah that's what I keep hearing, so I'm not worried at all =] I really just hope I get to see the show when I'm there.
Updated On: 11/22/08 at 12:21 PM

mwill
#9re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 1:46pm

They may be all talented in different areas but for me David Alvarez has the complete package in singing, dancing and acting.

Testing1232
#10re: 'Billy Elliot' - 11/21/08 (w/ David) - ** SPOILER **
Posted: 11/22/08 at 3:31pm

<< They may be all talented in different areas but for me David Alvarez has the complete package in singing, dancing and acting.
>>

Have to agree with mwill here.. I think they are all GREAT, and extremely talented, but David is best by just a little bit, because of how technically perfect his dancing is.

That being said, you cant lose with any of them !

Videos