Go Shrek! :)

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#1Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:29am

Take THAT Fantasia!

So happy for them! :)

The show is really coming together ~ the changes so far are all good. It's not perfect by any means, but it's fun and charming. :)

Shrek sets single performance house record!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Winston3
#2re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:49am

Shrek also set box office records for The Broadway Theatre. Good for them.
Shrek sets box office records at The Broadwa

Goodbye Sister Disco

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:54am

Yeah...that's what I said Winston. LOL. :) Very cool though.

And no, before anyone says anything rude I have nothing to do with the show other than finding it charming and loving it.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

noodles2
#3re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:21pm

i would have to say i saw the show last sat. and was very pleased! i laughed the entire show and left the theatre singing big, bright beautiful world! give it a chance and u might really like it as well.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#4re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:26pm

omg
i had 2 much fun 4 1 gay boi @ it

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#5re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:54pm

jordangirl, do you actually "love" SHREK? At least NEXT TO NORMAL is a good show with great music and a message, so i understand your love for that show, but SHREK? Really?

PiraguaGuy2
#6re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:56pm

Shrek is actually really good. It has fun music, a talented cast, some great special effects, and a real heart.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

RoxieRose3 Profile Photo
RoxieRose3
#7re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:56pm

Good to see them on top. It was looking pretty scary these past 2 weeks.

PiraguaGuy2
#8re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:58pm

How many accounts have you opened now?

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#9re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:16pm

wat ~ Yes. They're in different categories in my mind though. For a show that makes me really get into issues and think, it's Next to Normal. For a show that's charming and makes me smile (and incidentally has a good message ~ made even more clear with their new ending), it's Shrek. I don't limit myself to one type of show.

eta: I also love 110 In The Shade, Sunday In The Park With George, Side Show, and Rent FWIW. I'm mercurial that way.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 12/1/08 at 06:16 PM

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#10re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:27pm

I'm glad to see the show is doing well. I'm seeing it in January and I'm really looking forward to it!

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#11re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 8:03pm

"jordangirl, do you actually "love" SHREK? At least NEXT TO NORMAL is a good show with great music and a message, so i understand your love for that show, but SHREK? Really?"

I have to say, criticize shrek all you want, but I think it's message is pretty clear. It's saying be yourself and you can create your own happy ending. "fairytales need to be updated." Is it a new message? No, not at all. But it is certainly conveyed clearly.

And Shrek's melodies have stuck in my head some 2 weeks after seeing it. Tesori's melodies haunt me just as they have in her other ventures. I cannot wait to get a CD. Add to that some great performances, wit, and the occasional thrilling choreography or stage picture (admittedly, not all of them work, or at least didn't when I saw it), and they add up to a show I would recommend over any other "tourist" or "family" show that I can think of.

Hope that helps you understand how one could love it.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#12re: Go Shrek! :)
Posted: 12/1/08 at 8:10pm

Exactly kidmanboy. And they've changed the ending to a song called "This Is Our Story" that really sums it up ~ talks about all the contradictions that those characters are and then has the line "we are us, and we are you".

And like I said, I don't think you have to like ONE kind of musical at the exclusion of all others. (See my list I posted above.)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos