PEREZ HILTON transferring?

HRman
#1PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 12:13pm

Not sure if this is real or not but got sent a clip from their Fringe performance that says they're transferring to Off-Broadway Spring 2009. Congrats to them! If it's not real, shame on me for not getting the joke.
Saw it, along with about 15 other Fringe shows this summer. It was my favorite of the bunch and seemed to be the hit of the festival. I completely loved this little girl too. Anyone know what she's up to these days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLnVSe0Aq8&fmt=6

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#2re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 1:01pm

That'd be awesome. I loved it at Fringe!!

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

BumbleWumble
#2re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 4:24pm

Yeah my friend says they are doing their workshop January-February. It was pretty funny at the Fringe, but apparently there are funnier rewrites. She also said the writers are apparently working on another project being produced this season.

CateBroadway Profile Photo
CateBroadway
#3re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 5:24pm

Completely loved this show. Glad to see it's having a life after the Fringe.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#4re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:16pm

AWESOME!! I hope the Fringe cast stays with it. They were all brilliant and made the show.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#5re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:20pm

If a transfer happens, Andrew Keenan-Bolger would be unavailable as he is doing the MARY POPPINS tour.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

mr.scribble Profile Photo
mr.scribble
#6re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:21pm

That's Dana Steingold! she's playing Kelsi in High School Musical 2 at North Shore Music Theatre, I was doing a benefit there tonight and she was in a studio rehearsing, she's just great

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#7re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:22pm

Wasn't she the one who was going to be in the revival of Godspell?

Sorry to hear about Andrew KB. He was one of my favorite parts. His Zac Efron was priceless.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

mr.scribble Profile Photo
mr.scribble
#8re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:27pm

she was going to be in Godspell
and actually speaking of AKB, he and Dana her both in the national tour of Spelling Bee together (she played Logaine) and she was in a lot of his blogs

http://keeanblogger.blogspot.com

heo1128
#9re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:29pm

Didn't Godspell fall through?

Anyone know if this'll be transfered by late March?

jessemurphyman
#10re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 11:40pm

I love that Perez Hilton himself commented by saying this video is amazing. I'm kind of shocked that he likes this. It was my impression that they were characterizing him as a star-f***ery obnoxious troll. Haha, well I guess I would be kind of flattered if someone wrote a musical about me, even if it was mean.

BobRandomGuyMan Profile Photo
BobRandomGuyMan
#11re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 12:02am

On Perez's blog he wrote about how much he liked the show and wanted it to come to LA. I don't think he came across too bad, they actually made him a little sympathetic in parts and he had some of the funniest lines. If it were me, I'd be flattered lol

As far as the cast, I really hope that they keep everyone. I really hope they get Lindsay Nicole Chambers back... she didn't do the extension at the Barrow Street and I missed her there. I also heard that AKB has an out in his contract, should Perez transfer. YAY AKB!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#12re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 12:14am

BobRandomGuyMan, I doubt that Keenan-Bolger would turn down a principle role (he's playing Robertson Ay) in a premiere National Tour for a supporting role in an Off-Broadway transfer.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

ismellatony
#13re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 12:25am

he has outs for off broadway, broadway and film and he would. he would still get the credit for originating the role if he goes out on the tour and then comes off the tour for this.

BobRandomGuyMan Profile Photo
BobRandomGuyMan
#14re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 12:49am

I dunno, heard it from a pretty reliable source, somethingwicked. I think the logic is, he's been out on the road enough, and a show in NYC, even if it's off-Broadway, gets an actor more exposure than a tour.

RentBoy86
#15re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 1:21am

Yeah but the kid can't sing.

CateBroadway Profile Photo
CateBroadway
#16re: PEREZ HILTON transferring?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 1:42am

AW I like his voice! I mean, he's not one of those amazingly gifted singers, but I think he sounds exactly like he should for his type. And he has dynamite presence. You can't take your eyes off of him onstage. And judging by his work record, a lot of other people agree.

Videos