CUTEST THING EVER.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#25re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/16/08 at 11:48pm

yes, I was just reading about my breed, and one site said they live between 40-80 years! So mine is still a baby!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

brdlwyr
#26re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/16/08 at 11:56pm

Jane, I tell my kids that the plants have been here longer - do not mess with them! Send me a PM when you have time about the weekly and yearly routine of a bird. (If Mrs. Brd gets sick of me, I guess I will get a Mrs. Bird.)

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#27re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/16/08 at 11:59pm

Ok, I definitely will. Probably tomorrow, my eyes are starting to close, thank god

FindingNamo
#28re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:01am

"We bonded. He was very talkative and wanted me to play all day."

If there are any folks here from the old Broadway.com message board, we recall this theme from Corine's attachment to an iguana once.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#29re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:03am

That was cute. Thanks for posting.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#30re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:22am

Namo,
I like animals but the bird was much cuter than the gigantic iguana. I never got to pet the iguana. I just fed him fruit.
I sometimes wish HE ATE YOU.

LOL.

FindingNamo
#31re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:25am

You don't mean that LOL.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#32re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:29am

That is ironic, a bird saved your life and a bird almost took mine. I choked on a bone at KFC today. It hurt. But it was yummy!

PEACE.

FindingNamo
#33re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:31am

I've never choked on a bone in my life. But if I did, I hope a rescue bird would come save me.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#34re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:36am

Choking is bad. My friend had to do the Hummel maneuver.

PEACE.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#35re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:42am

re: CUTEST THING EVER.

Now THIS is the cutest thing EVER.

PEACE.

FindingNamo
#36re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:48am

re: CUTEST THING EVER.

A distraught Powder pulled out all his feathers when Corine was forced to leave the old folks home. He was last heard squawking, "I love you don't leave me take me with you Corine together we will save Forbidden Broadway you DESERVE free Liza tickets somebody get this woman a wheelchair BAWWWWWWWWK!"

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#37re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:51am

I am glad you are ok, Sue.
I am an animal lover. Not sure I will get a pet right now, but someday I really want to get a cockatoo. I do have the room for the cage and would do my best to make a perfect home for him.

It was a terrible place and the bird and pt people were the only good things about the place.
The nurses were right out of horror films. I have not been back but I miss Powder and will go next week.

The place was hardly cheerful. If I was an old person and that was the last place I had to live I would rather die and most do after eating the food. Poor, Powder. He was a caged animal and I was when I was there. IT WAS A FREAKIN PRISON.
Updated On: 12/17/08 at 12:51 AM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#38re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 12:55am

Kind of like Johanna and her green finch?
Corine, I am fine, thanks.
I have to ask, though, if you have not been back to visit the bird how do you know he pulled all his feathers out?

PEACE.

FindingNamo
#39re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:00am

"Not sure I will get a pet right now"

Gosh, hon, what changed your mind on the subject? The fact that you realized you didn't know what you were talking about and would kill the thing within six hours of adoption?

Also, since your brother's a lawyer and all, you might not want to post the name of the old folks home you were thrown out of along with the charge that they kill most of their residents with the food. You could end up sued for writing:

I was very depressed at Dewitt.... It was a terrible place... The nurses were right out of horror films... If I was an old person and that was the last place I had to live I would rather die and most do after eating the food.

Ask your brother, that's a serious charge.

Since you seem to detest the fact that Powder was caged, where, exactly were you planning on keeping your cockatoo? On a shelf next to your Broadway Bears?

Sue, Corine's stories never add up. She backtracks to cover conflicting details. She made up the whole thing about the missing feathers. And she's the first person on earth to "nearly die" from a broken ankle.

Oh, and since her brother's a lawyer, why didn't she sue the surgeon for sewing in the valve or whatever by mistake?

Updated On: 12/17/08 at 01:00 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#40re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:03am

Namo, stop, stop! I can hardly breathe from laughing tonight!

FindingNamo
#41re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:05am

Inquiring minds and inquisitive cockatoos would LOVE to know the answers to the many riddles of Corine.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#42re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:10am

"If I was an old person and that was the last place I had to live I would rather die and most do after eating the food."

This must be how they get their vacancies.

FindingNamo
#43re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:14am

Yeah, the deaths have nothing to do with the fact that residents are elderly and infirm. Or in Corine's case, lazy, entitled and incredibly nudgey.

nexttoelectric Profile Photo
nexttoelectric
#44re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:18am

Nudgey?

Ok that's a new one.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#45re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:26am

He had a lot of missing feathers when I met him. He does it to himself and I read that they do that when they are not happy.
The bird did not get enough attention. I gave him the most attention there compared to the others.

Oh, stop it. I miss that bird. I don't think another bird will be as cute as he is. I think I will visit him. That solves the problem. I can visit him when I miss him and access a ride can take me. I am just not sure I want to go back there but I do miss the bird.

FindingNamo
#46re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:27am

"I read that they do that when they are not happy."

In the link I provided you tonight.

"I can visit him when I miss him"

Oh Corine, I am sure the staff, especially the horror movie nurses, will be beside themselves when they see you coming for a visit.

From the Yiddish:

nudge or nudzh or noodge (nŏŏj) Pronunciation Key
n. One who persistently pesters, annoys, or complains.
v. nudged or nudzhed or noodged, nudg·ing or nudzh·ing or noodg·ing, nudg·es or nudzh·es or noodg·es
adj. nudgey, nudzhey or noodgey

Updated On: 12/17/08 at 01:27 AM

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#47re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:36am

I am not visiting the nurses. Just an fyi the evening shift were very nice. The day nurses were not.
The bird would be happy to see me. I just hope he remembers me. It has been a few months.

FindingNamo
#48re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:40am

"The bird would be happy to see me. I just hope he remembers me."

If he doesn't remember you then he definitely won't be happy to see you. You'll be some frightening munchkin on wheels with eyes bulging out of her sockets demanding that Powder say your name. You'll scare whatever feathers the poor creature has left right off of him.

nexttoelectric Profile Photo
nexttoelectric
#49re: CUTEST THING EVER.
Posted: 12/17/08 at 2:49am

STOP IT NAMO!!!!!!!!!!!

my sides hurt from laughing.