DaintyJack
#1hairspray lotto
Posted: 12/31/08 at 7:17pm

How is it?

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#2re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 2:12am

Crazy...lots of people maybe 50-75 so like a normal Wicked day. Not used to what im seeing at Hairspray the past couple years. Didn't win...BUT did get standing room and it was wonderful the cast was having a blast, the show seemed to have gotten some energy back.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#2re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 7:29am

A normal Wicked day has much more than 50 or 75.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 7:32am

Yeah, doesn't WICKED get like 250-400 a day?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#4re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 9:40am

Wicked had at least 300 when my friend and I tried it last Saturday (she and her luck won - I was surprised at that!). Not sure what it had been pre-holiday.

We did the Wicked lotto after losing the Hairspray lotto, which had about 75 people or so. I wanted to see Hairspray, so instead of chancing it yesterday, I found a valid discount code and splurged on a single orchestra seat. Worth every penny - the matinee was awesome yesterday. The cast had great energy and Harvey (the real reason I went) was perfection.

alza
#5re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 9:55am

We did the Hairspray lottery for the matinee on Saturday, December 13. There were about 35 people there. We had four names in, and three of our names were chosen. We only took five tickets since that's all we needed. We enjoyed seeing Harvey and Marissa.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 9:57am

This probably isn't a good measure of a typical day, but I did the lotto on Christmas night, and about 15 people were left over after the winners were announced.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

zamedy
#7re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:11am

Jennamajig.. Was Marissa back in? Someone said that Saturday she sounded really raspy like she was getting a cold (that on top of her injury). I know she was out on Sunday.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#8re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:16am

I think Marissa is trying to be in as much as possible. So if you are hoping to catch her she will probably be in. Especially since it is the final few shows.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#9re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 12:23pm

I guess I have just had great luck with getting a smaller crowd at Wicked the times that I have gone lol. I can't imagine 250-400 people in that space!

PennyLou19622
#10re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 12:39pm

Hairspray lotto on Saturday was PACKED. we put in 3 names and only one was pulled. it was rediculously crowded, i have never seen it so busy. probably 45-60 people were there....compared to wicked...which has about 300-400!..but still, 35 is alot.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#11re: hairspray lotto
Posted: 1/1/09 at 12:47pm

zamedy, Marissa was in (whole cast was) and I thought she sounded great! Some slight strain during Good Morning, Baltimore but she only sounded better after that. She looked like she was having a blast, to be honest and it really made me enjoy the show more. I was sitting in Row E in the orchestra (great seat that I got the night before!) and I really loved her facial expressions.

Videos