ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE- Page 2

ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#25re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 3/19/09 at 1:41pm

Lets take a look at IDOL winners.

Kelly Clarkson- Still a big name
Ruben Studdard- Touring in Ain't Misbehavin'. Before that he was gone.
Fantasia- Terrible Bio pic, The Color Purple, The Color Purple tour, possibly The Color Purple movie.
Carrie Underwood- Still a big name.
Taylor Hicks- Dropped from his label, Grease on Broadway, Grease on tour.
Jordin Sparks- Off the radar.
David Cook- Still has some of 15 minutes.

As you can see only a select few can stay afloat without the help of theatre.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

KingKong
#26re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 3/19/09 at 1:54pm

Let's look at Idol NON winners

Tamyra Gray Bombay Dreams and Rent
Clay Aiken Some success in music Spamalot, twice.
Diana Digarmo Brooklyn, Hairspray
Constantine Maroulis Various smaller theatre credits Wedding Singer and Rock of Ages
Anthony Federov The Fantasticks
Frenchie Davis Rent

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#27re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 3/19/09 at 2:55pm

KingKong - Where is your proof? Are you a seasoned music producer? LOL. I would love to see you explain how, exactly, he will not be a "successful" recording artist. Regardless of his fame he will certainly make money, sell albums, and gather a fairly large fanbase. THAT is "successful"... at least in today's generation.

"and he (from what I've heard) already has a huge ego."

WickedRocks - you're actually hilarious. I love this.

"Jordin Sparks- Off the radar. "

Ummm... since when? Jordin is an A-list Celebrity and still producing hits. I'm not sure how you consider her "off the radar". That makes no sense.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#28re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 3/19/09 at 2:57pm

kthanx.

arch_animal90
#29re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 3/19/09 at 3:03pm

I didnt create this thread to DIS theatre. If i didnt luike theatre i wouldnt be posting here. i LOVE theatre.
in my oppinion, yes adam does have flaws, but i think he really shines on that stage! I think he could be a succesfull recording artist but thats just my oppinion again.

I havent seen him live in a stage production. just video clips...
but can he really show the range he has singing dancing through life? can he show his signature falsetto singing As Long As Your mine?

Im not sure, i havent seen him. but I think he does outstanding on Idol. He can actually show himself now! and if that is what he wants to do than awesome! if he wants to go back to theatre than thats awesome too!

Adam is a phenomanal singer! thats all that matters! :)
i wish the best for him..

TheCharleston
#30re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 3/19/09 at 3:49pm

Yes and Yes, to your two questions about the "Wicked" material..

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#31re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 3/19/09 at 3:56pm

Good for you Michael, you were able to debunk one thing. It's only a matter of time until she stars in In The Heights as Vanessa.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

TheCharleston
#32re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 3/19/09 at 3:58pm

I wasn't trying to debunk you.

I was simply using common sense to correct you. If Jordin Sparks is "off the radar", WHO exactly is on the "radar" ???

Idina Menzel? Nick Adams?

AsburyBound
#33re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 4/16/09 at 6:18pm

Tuned in this week just to see what the fuss is all about. That boy has charisma and poise. He's going places...Broadway, recording studio, etc. Although some may think he's headed for shows on a cruise ship :)

snl89
#34re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 4/16/09 at 8:57pm

Ok, just for the record:
This whole notion that Adam himself thinks he's "too good for Broadway" is just simply not true at all. He's made numerous references to the ways in which his theater training has helped him as a performer, and has mentioned that he really enjoys it. I've never gotten the impression that he in any way looks down on musical theater. It's just simply not what he'd ultimately prefer to do in the long run, that's all. I don't see anything wrong with the fact that his ultimate dream of a perfect career isn't to be a huge Broadway star :) Just because it's not doesn't mean he doesn't fully appreciate the talent that can be found in musical theater. And again, it doesn't even mean that he didn't enjoy it. It just means that his personal preference, if given the chance, would be to be a recording artist instead. And now he's getting the chance to do that! So yeah, I doubt he'll be doing much theater for a while at least, but not because he's some arrogant snob who doesn't appreciate theater. It's just that now he's going to have tons of options open to him, and theater may not be one of his personal top preferences :)

ALSO:

If Adam Lambert is done with musical theater, then good riddance. I personally don't find him to have much talent (there are much better people on Idol -um Lil Rounds?! Yes please-) and he (from what I've heard) already has a huge ego. I don't know... Good luck to him in the recording industry but I am not a fan. I'll take Danny Goeke and the fantastic Lil Rounds over him any day of the week.

... I'm going to hold my tongue about Lil because obviously you're totally entitled to your opinion haha. I'll just leave it at I completely disagree on that front :P As for the ego, to ME at least (but I think also to most people who watch the show), Adam comes across as remarkably humble and sweet. No ego that I can see at all. He's consistently polite, seems to get along really really well with all the other contestants, and just in general seems remarkably modest when taking critiques and stuff. His performance style may be a bit self indulgent (something he's completely recognized himself), but he seems to leave that persona behind the minute the performance ends :) If you want to talk ego, see Danny (or Lil..sorry, but come on now. She's constantly talking back to the judges haha)

Oh and just for the record... I thought Ring of Fire was awesome *hides* haha. Totally weird? yes. But awesomely weird! :P

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 4/16/09 at 08:57 PM

snowskittle
#35re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 4/17/09 at 11:48am

Maybe he was hoping being on Idol would help enhance his theater career. He was only an understudy in Wicked before, wasn't he? And not in the Broadway company either.

Why assuming that doing one thing means he's excluding the other? Since several of the Idol winners and near-winners have moved successfully into theatrical careers, I could easily imagine him doing the same after Idol has ended, but with a noticeable boost in the roles he is offered.

Just a thought.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#36re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 4/17/09 at 3:27pm

I'm still waiting for Ego and Superego to weigh in on the subject.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jon
#37re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 4/17/09 at 4:49pm

The missing apostrophe will eventually show up - probably in a phrase like, "When are the Tony's?"

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#38re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 4/17/09 at 5:13pm

Quite often the poor little apostrophes just get lost and show up in the wrong spot in such statements as, "I love taco's! Their great!" They need a little literary GPS device. A Grammar Positioning System, if you will.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#39re: ID SAY ADAM LAMBERT IS DONE WITH THEATRE
Posted: 4/17/09 at 5:20pm

Hahahahaha

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Phyllis Rogers Stone

Videos