pixeltracker

Your favorite "moment" in a cast recording.

Your favorite "moment" in a cast recording.

sofiestar93 Profile Photo
sofiestar93
#1Your favorite "moment" in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 3:31pm

Not necessarily in the lyric, but just any moment from a show's CD that gives you chills or just makes you happy by the way it's delivered. Sorry if it's been done before...I'm horrible with the search.

Right now, mine are...

Next to Normal:
When Gabe comes in for the first time in Just Another Day.
The way Aaron says "watched" in "watched while you died" from I Am the One (Reprise.)
All of the dialogue in I Am the One (Reprise.)
Alice's tone for "What makes me think I'd lose my mind for you?" in Didn't I See This Movie.
"Which is just...not fair" in My Psychopharmacologist and I.
"Patient stable" at the end of My Psychopharmacologist and I.

In the Heights:
When Abuela says "Uh-huh, uh-huh" and "No pare, sigue, sigue" in Hundreds of Stories. Just pure joy.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there are some older things as well. Can you tell which show I'm currently obsessed with? :-P

Pretty is what changes. What the eye arranges is what is beautiful.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#2re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 4:16pm

On the Les Miserables OBC:
In "Look Down", "Leave the poor old cow, move it, Madeleine!" That guy who plays the Pimp is the best part of the CD.
"We shall overcome their POWWWW--AAA!" (Javert's Arrival/Little People)
"They will wet themselves... BLAAAA." (One Day More) I understand that the lyric is "They will wet themselves with blood," but just listen to the line on the OBC, and you will know what I'm talking about.

Beauty and the Beast:
"All right... all right... all right... NNNNAAAAAAOOOOOOWWW!" (Something There)

Ragtime:
"Speed up the, speed up the, speed up the, speed up the BELLLLLLLLT!" (Henry Ford)
"On the sea.... WE'RE two ships passing..." (Journey On)
"Solemn joy and sudden spark!" (Our Children)
And the orchestrations during the, "Go out and tell our story to your daughters and your sons," portion of "Make Them Hear You."

Side Show:
"If. You. Hurt. Her... I will...hunt... you... DOOWWWN." (Buddy's Confession.)

Light In The Piazza:
"Now is I am happine-ESS with you" (Passegiatta)
When Chris Sarandon sings, "You never know, we might as well walk" near the end of "Let's Walk."

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Updated On: 5/24/09 at 04:16 PM

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#2re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:10pm

This is a bit broad, but I love big pop/rock musical numbers that end with high belting and the music cuts out but their voices are still reverberating! It gives you such a rush!!!
Examples:
Welcome to the 60's and Without Love
Let the Sunshine In- Actor's Benefit Recording
there's so many more that aren't coming to mind right now.

And speaking of Hairspray I looooove the end of Mama I'm a Big girl at 3:08 when the three girls are singing "Woah-oh-oh-AAAOOoooh!"
Winokur, Butler and Bundy's voices meld and melt PERFECTLY!!!1!!one!!exclamationpoint!!

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

vlegra
#3re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:32pm

Legally Blonde,the Musical during Legally Blonde Remix at 1:47 there is this awesome guitar. love it. some peoples recordings vary.

margot serena pilar
#4re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:47pm

Margot Serena Pilar loves the moment Spring Awakening begins up until the moment it ends.

RyToast1
#5re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 6:30pm

at 1:22ish in "I Am the One (Reprise)" on the n2n cast album right after Dan says "Why didn't you go with her?" and before Gabe says "cuz I'm holding on"

there's this little electric guitar moment that i'm obsessed with

louderthanwords870 Profile Photo
louderthanwords870
#6re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 6:40pm

I'm currently in love with the line in "I've Been," from NEXT TO NORMAL - "Mine is just a slower suicide." Gets me every time...

SweeneyPhanatic
#7re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 6:43pm

Concept Recording of CHESS, the long note Elaine Paige holds when she sings "Never stay too long in your bed/Never lose your heart/Use your head/Nobody's on nobody's side." She's the only one I've heard do that, and I prefer it over the screech some actresses decide to throw in there (Julia Murney, I'm talking to you). And after that, when she sings "Never make a promise or plan." Whatever she does when she sings "promise," I love it!

-- SDG

brandonm2 Profile Photo
brandonm2
#8re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 6:51pm

another N2N reference:
it gets me everytime Jennifer sings "For all those years I prayed that you'd go away for good...half the time afraid that you really would." (the song "Maybe")

brandonm2 Profile Photo
brandonm2
#9re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 6:51pm

sorry...double post Updated On: 5/24/09 at 06:51 PM

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#10re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 6:53pm

DREAMGIRLS OBCR
I Am Changing - When belts I AMMMMM CHANGING and its where the scene transforms into the nightclub at night.

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

rokyerhartout Profile Photo
rokyerhartout
#11re: Your favorite 'moment' in a cast recording.
Posted: 5/24/09 at 7:00pm

On the new Hair Revival Recording in Hare Krishna/Be in at 3:35... "DO IT!"

May I take your hat, your coat, and your swastikas?