pixeltracker

Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?

Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#1Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:19am

Coming to NYC July 18 - 22 & N2N is a must-see for me. Any chance any codes will pop up for this time or should I go ahead and purchase for full price?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 3:15am

There is always a 'chance' but you do have two things working against you right now:

1. Summer season, fewer shows (especially newer shows)offer discounts.

2. N2N has been selling like crazy since the Tony Awards.

I'm seeing the show in August, and went ahead and payed full price. (I've seen the show from the mezz and from the orchestra and really preferred the latter...so I didn't want to risk WHERE I was sitting again.

My advice....play around on Telecharge to see what available seats are still available. If the pickings are slim now, you might want to go ahead and bite the bullet. If there seem to be gads of tix....I'd risk the wait for a week or two.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 6:36am

The current discount code is sort of useless, as it's now restricted (per the box office) to the extreme side orchestra, rear center orchestra (which is partial view), and the side mezz. If you like to have a good seat, it won't help you.

It's funny, I remember when the discount was $60 for all shows, and you could get seats in the 2nd row center at that price. How times have changed for this little show...

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#3re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 6:45am

^Mmmhmm. Changed in the best possible way!!! :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

dramamama611
#4re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 8:10am

Good for them! I love me a good discount code....but I just LOVE success for the show so many thought would be huge flop!

As of the other day....N2N was posted on TDF for the 4th of July Evening Show.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#5re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 10:09am

^^It's not listed on TDF anymore. Which is good for N2N!

July 4 is always a kinda dead day for Broadway that I'm tempted to visit my folks in NJ that weekend and see what's on TKTS on the 4th.

OP, if the show is a must, and you're coming in July, purchasing might not be a bad idea. If price is an issue, snag the rear-mezz seats for $36.50 - a great deal since the theater is small and those seats have great sight lines.
Updated On: 6/19/09 at 10:09 AM

On_Avenue_Payt Profile Photo
On_Avenue_Payt
#6re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 11:01am

adamgreer, so if I'm in the first row of the left side mezz, with the seats closest to the wall (13 + 15), my seats aren't going to be great?

"I'm afraid this offer comes off the table... at midnight tonight." "...maybe the worst bluff I've ever seen." "Even the members of GOBIAS could agree on that one."

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#7re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 12:26pm

The mezz is really not bad at all. Unlike the orchestra, there IS an aisle between the seats and the wall in the mezz. You'll be at a little bit of an angle, but it is NOT a bad view.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#8re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:22pm

A little birdie (known as my mom) --- told me that TDF was adding a bunch of dates for "N2N" (that WONT be cancelled) at 2:30PM EST

dramamama611
#9re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:23pm

I notice there a number of shows that have changed their schedules for fourth of july weekend. Several don't even have a show that night. which is how I suspect I was able to get decent seats for BE on the friday MATINEE.

Testing1232
#10re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:30pm

They had the time right, but their "whole bunch of dates" turned out to be 5, I believe.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#11re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:47pm

5 are currently available, though they are Mailed tickets as opposed to eTix, which being an out-of-towner, I much prefer.

DefyGravity777
#12re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:49pm

"The current discount code is sort of useless, as it's now restricted (per the box office) to the extreme side orchestra, rear center orchestra (which is partial view), and the side mezz. If you like to have a good seat, it won't help you.

It's funny, I remember when the discount was $60 for all shows, and you could get seats in the 2nd row center at that price. How times have changed for this little show..."

Just last Sunday Row G center orch was coming up at discounted prices.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

dramamama611
#13re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 3:27pm

Damn! I wish I could in the city for any one of those dates! A downside of kids and single parentness! Maybe some will crop up in August when they are with their dad.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#14re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 4:00pm

^^I know, dramamama! I don't have kids, but am taking two summer lab courses and working full time, so days off to bop down to NYC on Bolt are few and far between this summer...

...but I'm done in August and have three weeks free before fall semester! I'm all over a TDF date or I'm finally going to get my behind to NYC and get up early to attempt rush.

dramamama611
#15re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 4:05pm

I'm already going in August (4th row center) but for tdf prices, I'd go again!

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#16re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 4:15pm

^4th row center - jealous. TDF is definitely a bargain - I saw the saw with a TDF ticket in April and have fourth row center mezz, which was perfect viewing.

I'd love to be able to buy a full price ticket, but it would have to wait a few months, I'm afraid. The text books and lab fees are killing my Broadway budget right now! (I'm also convincing myself to get down and grab a SRO seat for Hair).

dramamama611
#17re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 4:47pm

I've had great luck with tdf tix. Even if the seats are crappy, who cares for that price?

I'm going down this weekend to see both Mary Stuart and FuerzaBruta...less than 60 bucks for both.

Testing1232
#18re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 6:19pm

My TDF seats for "N2N" have been excellent ! Received Orch R for 6/23, and just received Orch P for 6/30.

rpcnyc2
#19re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 6:50pm

I got tix in the rear orchestra and was very surprised when they arrived and said, "partial view." There was no notice of this on the site. I saw two comments: one that said you only miss a minute of action and another that said they were terrible. I'm on the center aisle, so hopefully it's the former. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

DefyGravity777
#20re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 8:51pm

You miss a few scenes with Gabe when he is standing/sitting on the 3rd tier.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#21re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/20/09 at 12:27am

Just a heads up... One of those dates that popped up on TDF ~ July 20 ~ is apparently another TDF goof as telecharge is NOT selling that date for some reason. It's not in the drop-down menu. Which kinda sucks cause I wanted it to be my birthday show. re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

dramamama611
#22re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/20/09 at 4:17am

Is it a Wednesday? They are dark on Wednesdays for the summer. Bad TDF.

EDIT: Not a Wednesday. Odd that, according to Telecharge, they are only doing a 7 show week. Hmmmmm.......

And there are only 3 date left of TDF...and all listed as limited. Grab 'em while you can.

Updated On: 6/20/09 at 04:17 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#23re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?
Posted: 6/20/09 at 7:08am

Yeah, no, it's a Monday. It's the only one I can tell that they aren't doing. re: Any chance of N2N discount codes after 4th of July?

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos