pixeltracker

Shows Extending Through Labor Day?

Shows Extending Through Labor Day?

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Clopin73
#1Shows Extending Through Labor Day?
Posted: 6/20/09 at 1:13pm

Does any one know if the following shows are going to or might likely extend to the first week of September?

Mary Stuart (right now tckts being sold thru mid Aug)
Blithe Spirit (right now tcksts being sold thru mid July)

I will be in town for three days In Sept before going on a cruise and am wanting to see some current season shows. Unfortunately, that is the time of year when the fall season has not quite officially started yet and most new shows have not even started previews yet.

Any suggestions.. on or off broadway at that time of year?

I was in town in May and saw Mermaid, Hair and 9 to 5.
Updated On: 6/20/09 at 01:13 PM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#2re: Shows Extending Through Labor Day?
Posted: 6/20/09 at 1:22pm

I think you have those dates reversed. (Blithe closes July 19 and Mary on August 16). Neither production will extend.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Dollypop
#2re: Shows Extending Through Labor Day?
Posted: 6/20/09 at 8:18pm

Smaxie, there's a very good possibility that BLITHE may extend. Lansbury is definitely leaving, but the producers are talking to Kathy Lee Gifford about taking over the role.

Sounds like heaven if you ask me (but you didn't!).

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 6/20/09 at 08:18 PM

Fosse76
#3re: Shows Extending Through Labor Day?
Posted: 6/21/09 at 12:02am

"Smaxie, there's a very good possibility that BLITHE may extend. Lansbury is definitely leaving, but the producers are talking to Kathy Lee Gifford about taking over the role."

Absolutely flase. Blithe Spiirit will not extend, and they aren't in talks with anyone. Memphis is scheduled to start previews in September and an extesion would not be feasible.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#4re: Shows Extending Through Labor Day?
Posted: 6/21/09 at 12:15am

I read the flase typo like blase and it made me giggle.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Videos