Where to get tickets?

musialman
#1Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:24pm

I am going to New York Monday 13-Wed 15. I am a student and would like to get cheap tickets for Hair and Next to Normal. Should I go to TKTS early Tuesday and be able to see both shows that day. Is it likely both will be sold there. Do all students get a student rush rate.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:26pm

What happened to the "c" in your handle?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:30pm

Ha ha ha!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

musialman
#3re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:33pm

it was taken. I have no idea what I'm doing though and could someone please help. Joined 5 mins ago.

heo1128
#4re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:34pm

Both shows offer standing room, but if that's not your bag you can try to get in line early for Next to Normal rush tickets. Hair does a lotto, but I've done it 7 times and never won. All of those standing room/lotto/rush tickets are around $25. If you want tickets for sure, I'd say try for standing room. You can try TKTS, but it's possible that neither Next to Normal nor Hair will be available.
Updated On: 7/1/09 at 11:34 PM

LizzieCurry
#5re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:35pm

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/

musialman
#6re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:36pm

where and when do I get standing room? Does that mean I stand through the performance?

LizzieCurry
#7re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:38pm

No. Stand means you sit. Sitting means lie down. And lie down means jump.

heo1128
#8re: Where to get tickets?

Yep, you stand at the back of the orchestra. Though sometimes the ushers will let you take a seat at any vacant chairs at intermission. You can just purchase those at the box office. They only offer them when the performance sold out, but I've been able to purchase those tickets at around 4pm for both shows.

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#9re: Where to get tickets?

you can get SRO tickets only at the box office and in most cases the shows have to be sold out for those tickets to become available (there are exceptions for some shows)

and well, you can sit. but you'll get kicked out of the theater re: Where to get tickets?

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

musialman
#10re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:43pm

So what is the likelyhood I can show up early and get tickets for both at TKTS

musialman
#11re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/2/09 at 12:06am

?

dancindramadork
#12re: Where to get tickets?
Posted: 7/2/09 at 12:17am

http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp?gclid=CKnMvr2xko8CFQUoZAoddDY2fQ

That website tells you what has been on the boards at TKTS this past week...keep in mind it varies day by day depending on what performances have left seating-wise and the discounts vary as well. As you can see, Hair and Next to Normal have a much lower chance of being on there than others. I'd say your best bet for Next to Normal is definitely the student rush, but be prepared to get there EXTREMELY early if you want seats because people line up hours beforehand from what I hear. Hair does offer a lottery, but like heo1128 said, many people will not win because it's generally very populated. Rear mezzanine seats aren't priced too badly, so I'd say maybe look into purchasing one of those for yourself if you don't want to do standing room.

Videos