News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 8

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

#175MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 6:13pm

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/05/rebel-heart-review

Entertainment Weekly

B+

"Madonna's Best outing since 200's Music"

Entertainment Weekly- Review Updated On: 3/5/15 at 06:13 PM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#176MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 6:13pm

Sorry Matt, i totally forgot saying that. I have to take that back, i will admit that was wrong. As much as i loved the album i think return to form is a bit strong, i think ts one of her best dance albums though

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

songanddanceman2
#177MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 6:16pm

It is crazy reading that back from MDNA though, as apart from the return to form (though after Hard Candy anything was) i do still feel the same. Love Spent and Gang Bang are 2 of her best songs in years. I now have to go and listen to them

ArtMan
#178MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 6:18pm

Jay Lerner-Z, Currently the tickets are on sale, but you have to have a code either through fan, club or credit card (Citi Card). On March 9, the tickets are released so the general public can purchase without the previous mentioned codes or credit card. The only thing that I hope is different is that the so-called lower priced nosebleed sections are actually the advertised $40. Currently, they are listed with fees for $100. They are being currently promoted higher with some useless $20 pass, at least for the Miami concert.

Updated On: 3/5/15 at 06:18 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#179MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 6:28pm

GhostTown is far more commercial than Joan of Arc, i really like Ghosttown a lot but it could be sung by many female singers, the bombastic euphoric like chorus, the drop out before the chorus etc, its aimed at the mass market.

Perhaps that's true? But to me, the Joan of Arc hook sounds more commercial. It's one of the tunes with the awkward verse, but then it segues into Classic Madonna Ballad. And I can see why Madonna wants people to think it's a more personal heartfelt track. Because it's not her image or her behavior. Bitch, she's Madonna. She likes to party and just have fun and do whatever she wants and not care what anyone thinks. Who does she think she is? But deep down inside, when people say mean things about her, she cries her eyes out. Except when somebodyorother is there with her now. She's only human.

Shot my lover in the head. Live like a bitch, die like a bitch. Peace, not war. Stop the shooting. Somebody rap about Ferguson and rights.

Listen, Madonna tries relentlessly to be everything and as a result, she comes across as an icon of insincerity (IRONIC!). She's rich and successful and what I think doesn't matter (but might make her cry her eyes out because she's not f*cking CATHOLIC SYMBOLISM JOAN OF ARC FER CHISSAKES...not yet). Just my opinion of the sentiments she conveys in her songs.

And if the album makes critics and fans deliriously happy, then great for them! It has a couple of good tracks. It's not as lazy as MDNA and not the worst album she's produced. My two cents.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 3/5/15 at 06:28 PM

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#180MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 6:37pm

Ah, thanks Art and S&D - it seems only the VIP tickets are on sale to non-fanclub members like me, or "special ticket offers" as ticketmaster called them. So all the grayed out seats aren't necessarily sold...good.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

ArtMan
#181MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 6:53pm

At least for the Miami concert, the Ticketmaster map is misleading. Yesterday, the map showed quite a bit of grey areas, but many not so great seats at $355 or nosebleed for $100. Tonight, the same map shows only tickets for the Citi card listings. Everything else is in grey. I am getting the impression those grey areas are already sold. So what you are seeing on your seating chart, maybe already sold tickets.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#182MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 7:56pm

FULL DISCLOSURE: I've only heard the tracks available on Spotify because I don't have a "Madonna albums" line item on my unemployment benefits budget. So, I can forget about full albums let alone $400 concert tickets.

But, anyway, beyond the wonderful gospel-house explosion of "Living for Love", a surprisingly tender and effectively vulnerable "Joan of Arc", and a pretty... tolerable "Ghosttown", I'm kind of shocked at how bad everything else is. And I don't just mean the appalling lyrics. I honestly think part of the problem is the producers she's chosen to work with. So many of them - despite their credits - are primarily and essentially edc producers - more concerned with a beat or a sound effect than with songwriting and songcraft or production of the human voice. I don't think this has served her well here at all. In that Pitchfork interview she was asked who in today's pop music scene is stimulating her and she basically said "no one", but then said that although he's not really pop, she loves what James Blake is doing. Well, yeah, James Blake is ****ing amazing. If only she'd been able to convince someone like James Blake (a great producer, yes, but a just as talented musician) to work with her, things might have been better. I'm still looking forward to hearing the remaining tracks, but, man, is most of what I've heard thus far monumentally disappointing. Makes MDNA seem so much better and I can't believe I'm saying that.

BTW, although I haven't heard "Body Shop" yet, and so can't comment on the accuracy of it, this quote from the EW 'review' made me genuinely L-O-L:

“Body Shop” has the most natural vocals on the album; Madonna sounds like an actual human woman instead of Siri singing Fifty Shades of Grey on low batteries. The funny, creative, outrageous Madonna we’ve known is still in here somewhere. It just takes a lot of patience to find her.

Updated On: 3/5/15 at 07:56 PM

FindingNamo
#183MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 10:02pm

But the fans and the critics and the pre-sales and the tour sales and the money and the cash and the contract and the matador hat and the critics and the maybe the greatest thing she's ever done in quite some time and the fans.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

#184MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 10:41pm

Ha ha

The matador hat.

#185MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 10:53pm

I guess she's back to form.
Back to form.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#186MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 11:05pm

Oh, yeahhhhhh! I totally forgot about that.

Mister Matt
#187MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/5/15 at 11:46pm

What is her form? Someone should probably tell her so she can find it.

“Body Shop” has the most natural vocals on the album; Madonna sounds like an actual human woman instead of Siri singing Fifty Shades of Grey on low batteries. The funny, creative, outrageous Madonna we’ve known is still in here somewhere. It just takes a lot of patience to find her.

Exactly. The one true gem on the album.

FindingNamo
#188MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 1:36am

From today's NYTimes interview:

Her response, as always, is perseverance. “Because I’ve been marginalized as a female in a male-dominated world, and we’re in a sexist industry or a sexist world, I’ve always had to push against something or resist against something,” she said. “I don’t think I’ve ever been relaxed, if you know what I’m saying. So because I’ve never been relaxed, I’m not going, oh, it used to be so easy. For me, it’s always been hard from Day 1.”

Yes. I know what she means.

songanddanceman2
#189MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 6:33am

'But the fans and the critics and the pre-sales and the tour sales and the money and the cash and the contract and the matador hat and the critics and the maybe the greatest thing she's ever done in quite some time and the fans.'

Namo do you think that gets funnier the more time you do it? It doesn't. HorseTears so you have just heard the 9 tracks? I thought you had the heard the album . I don't blame you for hating Bitch I'm Madonna but I would say Unspologetic Bitch and Iconic are a lot of fun and Devil Pray is superb. Hold Tight is fine but disposable, but you know what, it all comes down to taste. As I mentioned to you earlier, maybe this era just ain't for you.

songanddanceman2
#190MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 6:38am

Good lord she got a good review in the Daily Fail, hell must be freezing over.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2982033/Why-Madge-high-fall-No-stumbles-Queen-Pop-s-latest-album-Rebel-Heart-writes-Adrian-Thrills.html

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#191MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 6:48am

God, I miss Shep Pettibone.

#192MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 7:38am

^ me too.

This is a cool quote from NY Times.

"We’re all digital, we’re all vulnerable and everything’s instant — so instant. Instant success and instant failure. Instant discovery, instant destruction, instant construction. It’s as splendid and wonderful as it is devastating. Honestly, to me it’s the death of being an artist in many ways.” — Madonna

New York Times Interview- Rebel Heart

songanddanceman2
#193MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 7:47am

Honestly I don't miss Shep or Orbit or Jellybean etc, I don't like the idea of her working with the same people, I think it would all become too obvious. I think if that's your thing then there's plenty of her old stuff to like for that kinda thing.

Mister Matt
#194MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 11:00am

This album is mostly pretty obvious and predictable, but maybe that's due to her return to form? Maybe it would be less obvious if she returned to the producers who helped her to create classics?

#195MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 12:10pm

Shep Pettibone, just like Madonna is an artist that has grown since the 80's in his own right.

And his remix of JLO's 'First Love' is top notch.. and it's something madonna needs.

http://www.sheppettibone.com/

songanddanceman2
#197MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 6:10pm

Mister Matt you are fast becoming as repetitive as Namo, is that your 'go to' comment now? You did not like the album, that's fine, but it's your opinion love, that's it.

FindingNamo
#198MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 9:00pm

It's not like you have posted anything you haven't posted before on the subject.

I am glad you take personal responsibility for the awfulness of MaDoNnA. It's what you wanted from her at the time.

#199MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/6/15 at 10:37pm

namo, I love when you return to form. :P

Videos