News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 10

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

FindingNamo
#225MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/9/15 at 10:42pm

Is there no one to tell Madonna to leave out the grill for an interview where she will talk for more than 30 seconds? She sounds like Stan's horrible sister Shelly on South Park.

We're friendsh, I've known him for yearsh

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

inception Profile Photo
inception
#226MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 2:14am

Just been lurking the last few months, but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. Haven't heard the new album but got all excited about the tour announcement last week and paid the $20 for the presale code so I could get lower bowl tickets at $196CAD for the Vancouver show. At the current exchange rate this is $155.11US according to g00gle. Which is pretty close to the price of the balcony tickets to Hamilton for this summer that I was checking out on the weekend. (but not yet definite on my travel dates so didn't book)
Anyways just checked on the Vancouver show on ticketmaster and it looks like there are still lots of both good lower bowl and floor ($386 CAD, $305 US)available. So I didn't need to fork out the extra for the presale.
There's no Seattle show but maybe the passport factor is making Seattlites decide to make the longer drive down to the Portland show.
It does look like the show in Edmonton might be sold out. It is a much smaller city, which I don't think she has played before, and there is a lot of oil money there.
So anyways, yeah, Namo makes some good points questioning who is buying the super high priced tickets.
I also have to agree with JC that I have never left one of her shows feeling like I didn't get my money's worth. Whereas I have left plenty of plays or musicals, where I might have spent less, and felt both my time and money were sorely wasted.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#227MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 7:02am

UGH. That Complex interview is just painful to watch. The grills paired with the orthopedic rave boots? How does Guy let this **** fly?

ArtMan
#228MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 7:22am

Inception, You got a really good priced ticket. The "lower bowl" tickets at my show were the same price as the floor. Close to $400 with fees. Curious, is the lower bowel in Vancouver the first level off the floor?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#229MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 7:42am

I pre ordered the deluxe one before I knew the super deluxe one existed Jordan, I would have got that one if I would have known because of the extra tracks so ordered that one as well. So yeah I spent a whole 30 quid so it's clearly worthy of Namo's insults and discussion.

Namo I do agree that the grill has to go, it makes her jaw look so odd. She only seems to have put it in for the US interviews, odd.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

FindingNamo
#230MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 8:30am

Well, she said she wears it because it pisses people off. Which any therapist would tell her is counter-productive for getting her needs met.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

songanddanceman2
#231MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 9:09am

Agreed, hopefully it will vanish soon

Can't find them on You Tube, but here she is on Italian TV performing Devil Pray and Ghosttown, nice simple performances with good vocal from her

http://www.songsupdate.com/2015/03/madonna-performance-devil-pray-on.html

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#232MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 11:16am

Body Shop! More of this please Madonna.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#235MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 12:49pm

Well, she said she wears it because it pisses people off.

And if she weren't deliberately trying to piss people off, maybe she wouldn't wanna die from all those hateful words. She's not Joan of Arc. Not YET.

Body Shop! More of this please Madonna.

Ditto that. And less S.E.X. and Holy Water. Been there, done that several times over. Is there anyone still clamoring for MORE information on Madonna's sex life?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#236MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:13pm

I agree with you about S.E.X. Easily the low point of the album. But I kind of like Holy Water. Although it's no Secret Garden.

#237MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:17pm

I think SEX and Holy Water is definitely geared to a younger audience that did not experience Erotica or Justify my love. There is a little bit for everyone. There are 3.5 generations of fans . It's also okay to keep talking about it since its what her career has primarily been built on. Which is why hearing Vogue lyrics makes sense on Holy Water. when was 1990? oh yeah,.. 25 years ago. Perfectly fine to rehash it i think... we keep forgetting that she's been around for over 30 years. There's lots of room for crossover.

Body Shop is amazing though.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#238MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:21pm

It's a great song. And way sexier than S.E.X. or Holy Water.

#239MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:23pm

I'm SO HAPPY

beautiful scars
addicted
and
Graffiti Heart
made it to the super deluxe bonus CD!!!!

and they got rid of the dreadful Autotune baby.

Definitely thumbs up on those 3 songs.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#240MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:29pm

I'm really happy (and also surprised) so many people like "Body Shop". When I first heard it I thought it would definitely be One of the songs that only me and a few other people really liked.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#241MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:31pm

It's my favorite song on the album.

Mister Matt
#242MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:44pm

I think SEX and Holy Water is definitely geared to a younger audience that did not experience Erotica or Justify my love.

But Erotica and Justify My Love were not only products of their time, they didn't disappear. They still exist. The only thing that made the Erotica album any sort of "experience" was the concept of the album (for Madonna, anyway) and the tie-in with the Sex book. A couple of tracks on this album (and other albums scattered about) isn't recreating any sort of experience. It's just another tired variation on a theme everyone has either already heard or can hear whenever they want. I just feel like she's exhausted the sex/religion themes to the point of schtick. Perhaps she feels obligated to do it because it's expected of her by some fans? If so, it sort of negates the idea that she continues to evolve or reinvent herself or that she has created something "fresh" (and Madonna + sex + fresh is not a word salad I particularly want to experience ever again). I imagine the reason we keep hearing "return to form" consistently used as a descriptive indicator for her post-American Life albums is simply to come up with a positive spin on "nothing new". I don't mean as a statement of quality, but of expectations. I think that's why Body Shop sticks out like a sore thumb to me on this album. An entire album based on the unexpected could have brought her another Ray of Light. Instead, we get the third installment of the Hard Candy/MDNA trilogy with one bonus track.

Updated On: 3/10/15 at 01:44 PM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#243MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:49pm

I agree with some of what you say but I don't think this album is all that similar to MDNA or Hard Candy.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#244MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 1:52pm

I agree, I don't see them as being similar in any way at all.

Mister Matt
#245MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 3:10pm

To me, they share far more similarities than they do with Confessions, American Life, Music or Ray of Light. I'm not saying these three are the same. Just that they have followed each other to basically reside on the same shelf of mediocrity in the scope of her discography.

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#246MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 4:02pm

I totally agree that SEX is the low point of the album. I think if it had been left off, the album would feel a bit more cohesive and dare I say mature? I'm no prude, but it just feels trashy. It belongs on a CD single that was included with her Sex book back in 1992. It would have felt a little shocking. Now it's just a bore and a bit embarrassing.

On a side note. Anyone remember the days when it was stressful to try and get a ticket to her show? It would sell out in minutes and then they'd add a show which would sell out, and they'd add a show....before you knew it, there was 5 sold out shows at MSG within a couple of hours. Well, there's still plenty of decent tickets to the single show at MSG. Interesting. Mad I paid $20 for a presale code....and can actually find better seats now than I got with the presale.

songanddanceman2
#247MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 4:22pm

I don't agree this is another Hard Candy or MDNA at all, and I liked MDNA, but I really don't see much relation between them at all. I do agree that sex is a low point, I quite like Holy Water though.

Body Shop is great, however some US critics don't seem to like that one at all, European critics pick it as a fave.

Number 1 in UK ain't guaranteed, she is ahead now because of pre orders, it will depend how it sells through the week.

#248MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 4:45pm

I'm not crazy about SEX.

but i like to strip to Holy Water.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#249MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/10/15 at 7:07pm

It looks like the tracks on the super deluxe edition aren't available for digital download. iTunes didn't even have a digital booklet available.

Also, it's been fun reading the reviews. They're all mixed and around the 3-4/5 or 6-8/10 mark. However, they all have different opinions on what the best tracks are and what the worst tracks are. Except for S.E.X. That one seems to have almost a consensus that it's bad. I think the gist of the reviews I'm getting is that this divergence is beyond simple musical taste differences and is instead more illustrative of the problem Madonna has with having fans, or at least listeners, who are come from different generations and grew up liking a certain Madonna sound and therefore may have certain expectations of her.

I do think the retread to the sex themes is just something that will always be constant in her narrative. It's not like we've moved much in that arena sociologically-speaking, and with her age, it's only become more divisive. And although Erotica still exists and is still out there, I'd bet that the a lot of listeners who discovered her post-Ray of Light or are just discovering her now haven't actually gone back and listened to Erotica in whole.

Updated On: 3/10/15 at 07:07 PM

Videos