News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

$111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!- Page 2

$111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!

Plum
#25re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/12/05 at 6:44pm

Wow, talk about spectacularly not worth it. Wait until January, guys, if you really want to see it that much. Almost everybody caves in January.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#26re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/12/05 at 6:47pm

This boy ain't caving - not now & not ever

Poster Emeritus

Plum
#27re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/12/05 at 6:52pm

Oh, please. Everyone who isn't completely sold out gives discounts eventually. Even The Producers did it. And somehow I doubt The Friggin' Pajama Game is going to be the next Wicked.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#28re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/12/05 at 6:58pm

Don't bet on it being a mega hit & never assume re giving in

I have missed shows because I did not give in & I am resigned to missing more. Life somehow goes on & i will survive if I do not see a certain show

Poster Emeritus

wexy
#29re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/12/05 at 7:02pm

I have my $55 fourth row orchestra seat for April as a subscriber.
I can't see 'Pajama Game' being a mega hit and agree with those who say it'sll be on tkts and tdf as a lot of Roundabout stuff has these days.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

Chris32NY1
#30re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/13/05 at 11:42am

Excuse me -- this is "the Pajama Game" -- every high school production's dream. Do you really need to spend $111 just because its on broadway -- Pass on this one for me.

Liz_Bennet Profile Photo
Liz_Bennet
#31re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/13/05 at 12:01pm

We figured it out
We figured it out
With a pencil and a pad we figured it out.
$10 doesn't buy a hell of a lot
$10 doesn't mean a thing
But give it to me every seat
8 shows every week
That's enough for me to be
Living like a king.
-Roundabout Producers

So it doesn't quite scan but you get the idea. Rather ironic, actually, considering the original context.

"WHEN is the winter of our discontent?" "NOW is the winter of our discontent!" Visit My Blog
Updated On: 11/13/05 at 12:01 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#32re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/13/05 at 12:06pm

I find it fascinating that people are being asked to pay $111.00 per ticket... for a show that's about a battle over a 7 1/2 cent per hour raise.

How cute. (Or disgusting... I haven't decided.)

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 11/13/05 at 12:06 PM

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#33re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/13/05 at 2:02pm

"The Pajama Game" sucks. Have I mentioned that yet?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#34re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/13/05 at 2:03pm

I adore The Pajama Game. I think there is enough to like about this new production that makes me want to go. But 111 bucks? No way!

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#35re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/13/05 at 2:30pm

I've got a question here - years ago, through some oversight, the various entities/estates accidently let the copyrights expire and Pajama Game went into public domain territory. It was possible to produce it without paying royalties, and I know of a couple of theatres that did just that. Do you know if that has since been fixed?

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#36re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/13/05 at 2:33pm

MTI has it listed as one of the shows they license, so I imagine the problem has been resolved.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#37re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
Posted: 11/13/05 at 3:11pm

Saw the revival years ago with Hal Linden, Barbara Mc Nair & Cab Calloway . If I cannot see this one (current ) I have seen it before.

Amazing that in a previous thread people seemed to be saying people would pay no matter what was charged. Now it seems when shows like this want to charge $ 110, it seems to be sinking in & now people are realizing this is the new price - that is until they jack it up again - for all musicals

Another question should be posed . How long will it be before ticket prices go up again ? The producers are killing the goose that lays the golden egg but their greed blinds them to everything . They think that, like lemmings , people will pay whatever they want to charge. I wonder when the vast majority will rebel so that it becomes obvious that people will pay no more. It should prove interesting . Once the tourists start to bail, it will be like Mt Etna exploding

Let the games begin

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 11/13/05 at 03:11 PM

Videos