News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

3 Girl Song

Elphaba4 Profile Photo
Elphaba4
#03 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 6:33pm

Hi I'm new here, this is my first post. Two of my friends and I are looking for a three person song for a competition. Obviously, it needs to be understandable outside of context. If anyone has some reccomendations, that would be great! Thanks! Oh and also guy parts are fine as long as they can be turned into girls without changing the song drastically. basically, male range is fine, just no guy-girl romantic stuff or anything. Thanks!

#1re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:05pm

I know of one song that I heard performed recently. It's called "I Want it All," and it's from "Baby: The Musical." It was pretty funny.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:09pm

Try Little Shop Of Horrors. Those girls kick some butt in their numbers

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

UptownGirl Profile Photo
UptownGirl
#3re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:09pm

"Mama I'm a Big Girl Now" from Hairspray

"Learn how to laugh. Learn how to love. Learn how to live. That's my style." -Follies

Jon
#4re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:10pm

"You Could Drive a Person Crazy" from COMPANY

TheaterGeek91
#5re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:34pm

Matchmaker- Fiddler on the Roof
Perhaps you've heard of it... lol, welcome to the boards!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#6re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:36pm

"Dreamgirls" from "Dreamgirls"
"There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This" from "Sweet Charity"
"You Could Drive A Person Crazy" from "Company"
"You Gotta Have A Gimmick" from "Gypsy"

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#7re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:42pm

i think "at the ballet" from chorus line is three girls

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#8re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:49pm

"One Boy" from BYE BYE BIRDIE...if you eliminate the part Rose sings.

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#9re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:54pm

Rose doesn;t sing the song in the stage version...you must be referring to the movie duet with Janet Leigh and Ann "Im sexy-as-all-hell" -Margret

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#10re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 7:57pm

"Salty Teardrops" from Caroline Or Change.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

FabalaCohen
#11re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 8:00pm

Not exactly a three girl song, but "Louder Than Words" from tick, tick, BOOM is an amazing song intended for three people.

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#12re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 8:34pm

"Operatic Tragedy" from Little Women has four girls I believe

#13re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 10:44pm

"black boy black boys" i think it is called from hair. lol, i don't remember the name.

andyf
#14re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 11:01pm

"I Want It All" is pretty good as far as showcasing talent.
It's like straight C's.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#15re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 11:39pm

"Sing for your Supper" - Boys from Syracuse. I saw "Steam Heat" done as a girl trio. You can make a lot of songs that arent trios trios.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

LaeloftheLakes Profile Photo
LaeloftheLakes
#16re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 11:40pm

My personal fave that I sing with two of my girlfriends is "Matchmaker, Matchmaker" from Fiddler. But definitely check out "Little Shop".

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---
Intolerant of intolerance.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#17re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 11:41pm

"Ladies Maid" from TITANIC

you can just cut out the chorus part.

Uptown Girl - that is the scariest picture of Idina I have ever seen in my entire life. Was she just bitten by a rabid cat or something?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Addicted2Seaweed
#18re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 11:53pm

This is kinda pointless of me to post because you probably can't get the music. But on some DVD I have there's this "Andrew Lloyd Webber Love Trio" In the concert it's Audra MacDonald, Marin Mazzie and Judy Kuhn. The three songs are Love Changes Everything (Audra), Unexpected Song (Marin) and I Don't Know How To Love Him (Judy). It's really amazing, but I don't know where you could find it.

What is it about Lucy?? I know she's a bitch, and yet I want to be her...

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#19re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/4/04 at 11:55pm

At the Ballet from A Chorus Line--gorgeous!

Riboflavin Profile Photo
Riboflavin
#20re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/5/04 at 1:58am

-"I Know Now" from Snoopy

-"Friends" from Closer Than Ever was written for three women, but in the actual conext of the show its performed by two women and a man(the show features two women and two men)

-"Move" and "Dreamgirls" from Dreamgirls

-"There's Gotte Be Something Better Than This" from Sweet Charity

There are a lot of pieces that can be fashioned for three.(I've seen Cell Block Tango performed by three women) Just get someone clever to arrange it for you and you can do almost anything!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#21re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:36am

Good call Riboflavin! I completly forgot about Snoopy. That's a wonderful song that doesn't get "enough air time"

And to add: Marc Shaiman MAY have some great numbers from Hairspray.

Hint hint, nudge nudge....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

marebare
#22re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/5/04 at 10:17am

"I Wish I May" from The Witches of Eastwick is BEAUTIFUL if you're looking for a knockout ballad. I would also suggest "You Could Drive A Person Crazy" from Company. Good luck!

Elphaba4 Profile Photo
Elphaba4
#23re: 3 Girl Song
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:10pm

Thank you all so much you have been imensely helpful. I really appreciate it, and you had some GREAT suggestions.

Videos