News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

9/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread- Page 4

9/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#759/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/4/21 at 12:07am

gibsons2 said: 
Ah, I was waiting for this review! So great to know that Tom delivers as Hades. Did you happen to see any merch? Were there refreshments? I don't know how I'm going to survive five more days til I see Hadestown again."

all the same merch as pre-COVID (shirts, bandanas,etc), but the only newness i noticed was a Reeve Carney solo CD.  Bar was open ( the line was uber - long) and had the usual souvenir cups -- bought one just to insure i had something to raise at the encore.  Was hoping they'd have pre-signed Playbills for sale for either Broadway Cares or the Actors funny, but they did not 9/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread

Hope the next few days go quickly for you :)

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 9/4/21 at 12:07 AM

Alexander Lamar
#769/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/4/21 at 12:31am

Wow wow wow. Hadestown was everything I hoped and more. Show was great tonight. I got there at 7:45 and was worried because the line to get in was very long but it moved so quickly - I had plenty of time when I got to my seat.

If you want a drink my suggestion is to head to the bar line as soon as intermission starts - get your stuff and then do everything else (merch, restroom) after.

Show was amazing (my first time). Hewitt was fine but I’m really looking forward to Page returning. The Bass in his voice really adds to the sinister nature of Hades on the recording for me.

Jewelle Blackman’s voice is so beautiful and unique; what other actresses have a similar voice?

I was also distracted multiple times by Timothy Hughes (no fault of his own). He is a strikingly beautiful person.

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#779/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/4/21 at 9:24am

ageorges3 said: "Any word yet on whether they raised the music for Hades to accommodate Hewitt? From what I know of his other work, it doesn’t seem like he has the same bass range as Page. Raises an interesting question about what will happen to the role in the future - there are so few leading men types on Broadway with bona fide bass voices."

I was there on 9/2 and they didn’t change the key to any of the songs. Hewitt simply sang some parts up the octave. It was pretty seamless. He was very good, but I definitely missed Patrick’s deep voice. It’s just so deliciously evil

"In here, life is beautiful"

onesongglory2 Profile Photo
onesongglory2
#789/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/6/21 at 11:41am

Are they allowing drinks at your seat or only in the lobby?

ElphabaGoodman
#799/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/6/21 at 11:49am

onesongglory2 said: "Are they allowing drinks at your seat or only in the lobby?"

Drinks may be brought to your seat 

onesongglory2 Profile Photo
onesongglory2
#809/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/6/21 at 11:50am

Thank you!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#819/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/7/21 at 9:41am

ImAProphet said: "ACL2006 said: "How was entering the theater with ushers checking tickets and vaccination cards?"

I was at Hadestown and it was pretty painless. Someone came down the line as we were waiting and asked us to have our cards and IDs out. As we entered the barricades leading up to the doors there were employees on either side to check our cards. Took about 5 seconds.
"

Did everyone have to present their actual, printed vaccine card, or did they accept pictures from a mobile phone? I asked Telecharge about this and they said phone pics would be allowed, particularly from patrons visiting from outside NY.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#829/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/7/21 at 9:42am

Alexander Lamar said: "I was also distracted multiple times by Timothy Hughes (no fault of his own). He is a strikingly beautiful person."

Indeed. blush

Alexander Lamar
#839/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/7/21 at 9:57am

Lot666 said: "ImAProphet said: "ACL2006 said: "How was entering the theater with ushers checking tickets and vaccination cards?"

I was at Hadestown and it was pretty painless. Someone came down the line as we were waiting and asked us to have our cards and IDs out. As we entered the barricades leading up to the doors there were employees on either side to check our cards. Took about 5 seconds.
"

Did everyone have to present their actual, printedvaccine card, or did they accept pictures from a mobile phone? I asked Telecharge about this and they said phone pics would be allowed, particularly from patrons visiting from outside NY.
"

I used a photo on my phone for both waitress and Hadestown. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#849/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/8/21 at 8:41am

Alexander Lamar said: "I used a photo on my phone for both waitress and Hadestown."

May I ask if you are a NY local, or a visitor? And did they give you any pushback on the "digital" proof?

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#859/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/8/21 at 12:35pm

For those with an iPhone, I highly recommend storing your vaccination record into your Notes App. Add a Note and click the camera icon and select “scan document”, your camera will scan the document and decipher exactly what type of doc you’re scanning. It will crop and resize it automatically and allow you to “lock” the document so you need a passcode or facial ID to open it. It automatically names it “COVID-19 Vaccination Card Record”. It’s a MUCH easier way to access quickly as opposed to keeping it in your camera roll and having to search for it through your photos. I assume most places will have no issues with photos of documentation, but I plan to have my physical card at all times just to be safe.

I fly into the City tomorrow morning and will be seeing Hadestown on Friday and Waitress on Saturday. I am so freaking excited and I can barely concentrate on work today.

Question for those who’ve already been to Broadway’s reopening… are 6:00 pm reservations still okay for pre-show dinner? Haven’t made reservations for Friday yet, but my Mom and I have reservations at BUTTER at 6:00pm before Waitress. As a party of 2 it seems like more than enough time and the restaurant allows for an hour and fifteen minutes for our group size… but I know many restaurants have been a lot slower with staffing shortages, etc.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#869/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/11/21 at 10:04am

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Alexander Lamar said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Was Waitress still selling the little expensive pies in jars?"

Do we think they'll bring this back at future shows? What about the Guest Check cards?
"

Not sure if this is what you’re talking about but it reminded me - downstairs next to the merch stand they had blank Guest Checks and encouraged people to leave a message for the cast/production and then hang them on the wall. I thought that was cute.
"

Ahh so glad to hear about this!
"

For those at recent Waitress shows, do we know if they're selling the mini pie jars now? I've been wondering since someone shared one on their Instagram and the Waitress Instagram put it on their story. 

Videos