News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

9 to 5 Rush...?

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#100re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 4:34am

PiraguaGuy2 thats a good plan

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#101re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:03am

If anyone rushes today, please tell us how crowded it was and where your seat was!

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

froggy2
#102re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 11:16am

Someone was asking this before so I figured I'd chime in - yesterday around 1PM I randomly checked online for seat availability using the Broadwaybox discount code and got front row center tickets for tonight. (Then, promptly freaked the hell out and bought those suckers.) So yes, you should be able to get the newly-released seats using a discount. Keep trying!

My only complaint is those evil Ticketmaster extra charges. Pretty much makes the discount nonexistent!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#103re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 11:43am

20 minutes ago I got Orchestra row C for tonight using the discount code.

RentBoy86
#104re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 11:51am

yes, and ticketmaster just sucks in general!

I hope Dolly is there tonight!

CSonBroadway
#105re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 11:54am

You all are so lucky!

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#106re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:21pm

Upon reading the contradictory information that was given out, I went to the box office this afternoon myself to find out what's going on.

According to the man there, the policy they're instituting is a General Rush. $36.50, two per ID for partial view seats in the extreme sides of the Orchestra (he said they could be as close as the front row and as far back as the last row, depending on availability.) Tickets go on sale an hour and half before curtain.

This begins tonight at 6:30pm for the first preview performance and will be the policy for the entire run.

Though the production team had initially reserved the front row center seats for a student rush or a lottery, the man said they were released yesterday because "that will not be happening anymore; this is it for good."

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 4/7/09 at 02:21 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#107re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:26pm

How bad are the extreme sides in the Marquis?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

CSonBroadway
#108re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:26pm

Thanks for the info!

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#109re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:27pm

THANK you, somethingwicked, for getting to the bottom of this. I'm just a smidge confused about the wording "2 per ID" as opposed to "2 per person"? But it's a general rush?

CSonBroadway
#110re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:28pm

Let's hope the seats aren't too partial view.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#111re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:29pm

MiracleElixir, he made it sound as if it was a general rush.

When I asked if this was just for previews, he said, "There will never be a student rush or a lottery. We let the front row center tickets we reserved for that go yesterday and are using this policy instead from now on."

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 4/7/09 at 02:29 PM

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#112re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:37pm

^^Better then nothing, I say. Kinda sounds like the Billy Elliot rush policy, actually (although that one is reserved for students). I wonder if, like Billy, they do release said seats to the public, but if they don't sell, then they are available for rush 1.5 before curtain, meaning the number on sale each day could vary.

I've only sat in the front row Orch (Drowsy) or last row Mezz (Milly, moved to front row side Mezz after lights down), so I'm interested to hear from folks how "partial view" the partial view seats are. The ones I sat in for Billy weren't bad at all.

CSonBroadway
#113re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:39pm

What do you think would be a good time to get there?

MiracleElixir
#114re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 2:41pm

Eh, well, at least it's something. I'ma try this this weekend.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#115re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 4:12pm

Thanks for clearing that up, somethingwicked.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#116re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:31pm

My friends got there around 4:30 and were second on line. Rush seats are OFFICIALLY side orch seats, partial view. The BO said you can't see the back corners of the stage, so it' s not too bad. It can be anywhere from front of the orch to back of the orch. They had 38 tickets available for today and they are already gone. Rush is filled up, according to my friend. This is supposed to be the official rush for the rest of the run.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Chrysanthemum62001
#117re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:33pm

Hey, if they can sell those front row seats for 120, why not make some money.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#118re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:37pm

I'm going on Saturday for sue despite the price.

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#119re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:37pm

carymetorent2, did your friends say what time they started selling the tickets?

Thanks for sharing!

MiracleElixir
#120re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:53pm

Hm, if they're "gone" already, it would seem they go on sale 2.5 hours before, not 1.5 hours.

boyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
#121re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:55pm

Or there are enough people in line to fill the allocated seats?

MiracleElixir
#122re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 5:59pm

Well, by that logic, they wouldn't be "gone."

boyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
#123re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 6:01pm

"Gone" could be as in "they will be gone in 25 mins"??

MiracleElixir
#124re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 6:03pm

This is a stupid back-and-forth about semantics. Let's wait until someone who was there returns and can confirm.

Videos