News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

9 to 5 Rush...?

dramadude Profile Photo
dramadude
#75re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 6:47pm

I sucked it up and just bought tickets at the box office for tomorrow night. First row mezz, far side... Ugh. The box office said they are close to sold out.

EveHarrington Profile Photo
EveHarrington
#76re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:14pm

Supposedly there was a very long debate over rush/lotto, very surprising to me that it ended in releasing the front row seats. Does anyone know if they released just the front row for previews or all of them?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#77re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:14pm

Well that REALLY sucks. I just tried to get tickets for the Saturday Matinee and there was barely anything. I kept getting the same two sucky results. I'm going to call the box office and see if I can get a different answer about lotto or rush.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#78re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:16pm

That truly sucks. Well, I guess it's a good thing I'm fortunate enough to be going tomorrow night because it may well be a while until I see it again. Shame.

EveHarrington
#79re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:17pm

Well, I can confirm they were released for previews. A friend of mine purchased Row A seats for tomorrow's show, and another friend for Wednesday night's.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#80re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:21pm

They said they still don't know and I should check back later in the week.

EveHarrington
#81re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:26pm

They really need to get their act together. I mean, whatever, it's their loss, having a fanbase is what builds word of mouth. It's a valuable resource for a new show but if they want to shoot themselves in the foot then so be it.

Re: Drunk Chita Rivera

Well, I don't know how they can reverse their decision at least in the immediate future, since they've sold a good portion of the front row seats that were "held back for rush" up to this point. Updated On: 4/6/09 at 07:26 PM

Amaranth9 Profile Photo
Amaranth9
#82re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:40pm

I wouldn't have been able to go soon anyway, but this is very interesting. This seems to challenge the impression on here that tickets were not selling well, and I just saw in a British article that the show was "selling admirably."

And I think the rush/lotto policy delay could be a sign of a few things: a)the team is so busy with other stuff they haven't really hammered it out b)this might be either high confidence in the show's draw or worry over the impact of the economy so they would rather wait to set the best amount/price or c)they are confident and this could be deliberate to drum up anticipation.

For those who find it hard to find tickets, are there few choices or are they just not the seats you would prefer?

April Saul
#83re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:48pm

Hey Eve Harrington, I'm still trying to find out if the released house seats in the front row were available with the discount code; did you have to pay full price for those? I'm trying to get a sense of how they're going to do things for this show...and am actually starting to hope that they're overconfident and wish TDF on them...though I realize that might be mean!

EveHarrington
#84re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:51pm

"Hey Eve Harrington, I'm still trying to find out if the released house seats in the front row were available with the discount code; did you have to pay full price for those? I'm trying to get a sense of how they're going to do things for this show...and am actually starting to hope that they're overconfident and wish TDF on them...though I realize that might be mean!"

I didn't buy them, but both friends of mine who did paid the full 125$ for them. I don't know if they're available with the discount code, sorry! re: 9 to 5 Rush...?

April Saul
#85re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:56pm

Ouch! I bet they are not...but maybe somebody else can verify it. These guys seem to be expecting to be a mega-hit, don't they?

Drunk Chita Rivera
#86re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 8:01pm

"For those who find it hard to find tickets, are there few choices or are they just not the seats you would prefer?"

For me it was both. I found a Orchestra Seat toward the back all the way to the side. And then a Mezzanine seat a few rows back all the way to the side and those were the only seats I was given. I tried with and without the discount and the same seats still showed up.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#87re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:09pm

I asked about rush today and was told that they will have front side orchestra for $36.50 2.5 hours before the show. But he made it seem like that may not start that for at least a few days.

PiraguaGuy2
#88re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:16pm

$36? OY.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#89re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:22pm

Whatever, at least it's something.

PiraguaGuy2
#90re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:37pm

Dude. I'm not going to be satisfied unless the rush is $3, they guarantee me a spot, it includes lunch at Peter Luger, and then after the show Megan Hilty gives me a quickie in her dressing room.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#91re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:40pm

^LOL.

Side orchestra? I thought they were reserving the front row?
Jeez, I hope they decide on something soon.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#92re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:43pm

Will it be a student or general rush?

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#93re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:47pm

It's better than nothing.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#94re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:48pm

He made it sound like general rush. I didn't want to be annoying with questions.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#95re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:59pm

So I'm guessing this won't start tomorrow?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#96re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 11:07pm

I also asked today, and it sounded like it starts immediately for the first preview. He also said, "Who knows, it's the first performance, they may change it," but for now, that's the policy. For every performance.

He told me 1.5 hours before the show, though.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#97re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 12:38am

This sounds like an indecisive N2N situation.. I guess we'll have a clearer answer by the weekend.

RentBoy86
#98re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 1:14am

Oh well, I gave in and bought a front row ticket anyways. I still think it will be worth my money. Bitches belting their heads off? I'll be there.

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#99re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 4:32am

I agree with JP. Rush are a lot easier!

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

Videos