News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

9 to 5 Rush...?

boyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
#125re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 6:05pm

Good idea :)

I was kinda taking the piss ... sorry if that was lost in translation.

cryan71
#126re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 6:53pm

I sat far left Orchestra for the Ahmanson Theater pre-broadway, and for the most part you don't miss much.

As long as you can see the back wall video screen, you should be fine.

Geridith Profile Photo
Geridith
#127re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 7:43pm

They sold the last ticket to the person right in front of me. That was painful.

I got there around 5:50, the guy was telling most people that there were 35-38 seats, and from what I could tell it was all the orch PV.

And its not cash only, which is very convenient.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#128re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/7/09 at 9:41pm

I feel bad for you Geridith- that must have been tough.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#129re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 3:22am

They sold them at 6:30. Sorry for the confusion, I meant that, by 5:30, there were enough people there for all the tickets.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

DefyGravity777
#130re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 5:37am

I sat 3 seats in from the extreme right side about 9 rows back(partial view at regular price) and I missed whatever was happening on that side of the stage. This partial view is like Wicked's IMO. The closer you sit to the front the more you miss. It looks like the stage is kinda high also.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#131re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 9:46am

Did you miss a lot? Is it worth it to rush for those seats?

Thanks!

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

dramadude Profile Photo
dramadude
#132re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 10:05am

We sat front row, on the far house left side of the mezzanine, and I don't recommend it. We were able to see the majority of the performers, but I felt like we were always missing something, especially parts of the set and projections.

DefyGravity777
#133re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 3:32pm

"Did you miss a lot? Is it worth it to rush for those seats?
Thanks!"

Personally I think it's best to see it from full view seats for the first time. And if you like it from there then go for the partial view since you know what is gonna happen. I missed about half if the projections on the screen and I was like 9 rows back. i can imagine what the people closer missed.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

WishingOnlyWounds2
#134re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 3:40pm

I'm starting to feel better about my Row M seat, I hate getting seats under overhangs but this time it seems to be for the better.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#135re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 5:01pm

Does anyone know if they sell them from the front back of back to front. It seems like further back is better.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#136re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 7:00pm

"I missed about half if the projections on the screen and I was like 9 rows back. i can imagine what the people closer missed."

I'll let you know. I just got partial view Row B for tonight re: 9 to 5 Rush...?

Still happy to be able to see it though.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#137re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/8/09 at 7:09pm

What time did you get in line Miracle, and how many people were there?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

MiracleElixir
#138re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/9/09 at 12:11am

Got there a bit before 5:30, and was about the 16th in line. Got Row B allllll the way to the right (7th seat in), and truly, it wasn't that bad.

But, luckily, there were four empty seats next to me, so I moved a bit closer to the aisle midway through Act I, and saw everything perfectly. But still, even the "obstructed" seat wasn't THAT obstructed, I just missed some stuff on the side and some projections -- I could deal.

Updated On: 4/9/09 at 12:11 AM

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#139re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/9/09 at 4:34am

I got there at 4:45 today and was 3rd in line. I think #1 said he got there at 4:00 and #2 at 4:30. I was sitting in H 19/21?...It was H as far house left as possible. I didn't miss any of the performance just upper stage right and about half of the screen. But totally worth the wait and $.

MiracleElixir
#140re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/9/09 at 7:31am

By the way, I noticed the people right in front of me in line got row G, so it seems like there is no concrete rule like "They sell rear to front" or vice versa.

nasty_khakis
#141re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/9/09 at 12:40pm

just to clarify they DO take credit cards for the rush seats?

MiracleElixir
#142re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/9/09 at 12:57pm

Yes. I paid with credit card.

changinandhow Profile Photo
changinandhow
#143re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/11/09 at 2:03am

Is the Marquis doing their usual last row of the mezz for $25 the week of, or is that a no for this show?

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#144re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/14/09 at 9:50pm

Has anyone gone in the past few days? What time did you get to the box office?

zerose
#145re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:34am

Tuesday night the rush line started at 4pm and was full by 5:15pm. Lots of tourists in line.

The last 2 rows of the mezzanine are $66.50 weekdays and $76.50 weekends. The box office said this Thursday's performance is sold out, and tonight looked 100% full.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#146re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/15/09 at 3:49pm

What would be a good time to get on line to rush a Saturday matinee (if they start selling them at 12:30 I believe)?

And I couldn't find the other 9 to 5 Broadway thread, so I'll post it here... a video from the 4th preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vM4CwjMOYg

And playbill has a new discount for the show.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#147re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/28/09 at 11:06pm

Anyone rush this lately? Any chance they're not doing it or it will be especially hard with it opening on Thursday? Was hoping to rush this tomorrow evening.

Parks
#148re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/28/09 at 11:54pm

How have weekends been for rush? Anyone rushed Saturday matinee?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Livewire413
#149re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/29/09 at 10:41am

I rushed this past Saturday Matinee and it wasnt bad. I got there at about 12 and there were only a few people in line so I think if you get there 2 hours before you are fine. By the time they started selling tickets at 12:30 there was more of a line but I still dont think it was more than 10-12 people by then.

I sat in row J and it wasnt a bad seat at all, I saw everything that I really needed to see. I would definitely recommend it especially with the ticket prices for this show seeming to be really high.

Videos