News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

9 to 5 Rush...?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#50re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 3:37pm

I find Lotteries to be sort of fun. I like them, much more fun than standing on a line for 2 or more hours. But whatever this show has I will do it, I am willing to stand on line for a few hours for tickets, I'm so excited.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#51re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 3:43pm

If you lose a lotto you can always bring some printed out discount codes with you and try to get tickets for a show.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

enroutetothesky Profile Photo
enroutetothesky
#51re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 3:43pm

I've made some awesome friends in the student rush line! The whole musical theatre and Broadway thing doesn't have a huge fan base and it can be hard to meet other people who are into it but in a student rush line, you just turn around and ask "How long have you been waiting?" or "Is this the first time you're seeing this?" and get the conversation started! :)

EDIT: Yes, but that would be $25 vs. $50 which is money that I don't have and didn't work into my trip budget. Updated On: 3/30/09 at 03:43 PM

CSonBroadway
#53re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 3:45pm

Shouldn't they be announcing the policy soon? Previews start next week.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

PiraguaGuy2
#54re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 3:51pm

I absolutely hate it when a person drops there name in for lotto 2 minutes before the draw and then they win.

I understand if you hate it, but you've gotta understand that that's the POINT of a lottery. Nobody "deserves" to see a show any more than anyone else, and bitching because they did is childish.

I hope they have a student rush (easier for me) but a lotto would be the best option financial and marketing-wise.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#55re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 4:03pm

^ Also, no one told you to drop your name in at the start and stand around waiting. You can come at any point during that 30 minutes and put your name in.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 4/2/09 at 04:03 PM

PiraguaGuy2
#56re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/2/09 at 6:32pm

Bump - they really should know by now.

EveHarrington Profile Photo
EveHarrington
#57re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/2/09 at 7:56pm

Asked today. They still don't know. They said it was "looking like" a lottery.

CSonBroadway
#58re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/2/09 at 9:05pm

I guess it will announced in the coming days.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#59re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/2/09 at 9:23pm

I don't understand the comment about folks trying the lottery that "can obviously afford full price". How do you know who can afford it and who cannot? That's like saying only certain people can shop at Macy's when there's a sale. Because that's what rush OR lotto is: a sale.

That being said, I have never tried to win any sort of Lotto and no longer qualify for student rush. Additionally, seeing that I'm from Boston, it makes little sense to "risk" getting tix for a show since that IS my reason for getting into the city. But I utilize discount codes as often as possible, so that I can afford to see as many shows as possible.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

musicman_bwayfan
#60re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/4/09 at 3:55pm

I went to the box office yesterday night to check...they said that the producers may make their decision on Monday. They just said there would be a rush or a lottery.

CSonBroadway
#61re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/4/09 at 5:11pm

They MIGHT make it on Monday? That's very close to the first preview.

musicman_bwayfan
#62re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/4/09 at 5:47pm

Yes...they are pushing things...at this rate, they will start a rush or lottery program after the Tony Awards!

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#63re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:56pm

Anyone stopping by today to check? I literally haven't made plans for this weekend yet because I'm waiting to hear what the policy and what times/slots I need to devote (no snickering...)

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#64re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:57pm

What times does the box office close today?

I think I'm going to rush MARY STUART so maybe I'll stop by.

MiracleElixir
#65re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:59pm

They close at 8.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#66re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:06pm

I had a friend stop by this afternoon.

The man at the box office said that "no rush or lottery will be offered at least until after we open, if then."

Many of the front row seats that had been held for whatever they were going to implement have been released, he said.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 4/6/09 at 05:06 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#67re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:07pm

Odd.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#68re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:11pm

That's so strange...

Well, sometimes the people at the box office are mistaken and sometimes the powers that be change their minds. I'm willing to bet that sometime in the near future they'll issue a rush or lottery policy.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

MiracleElixir
#69re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:12pm

That's f**king c**ks***king horses**t. What f**king c**t a****le made this decision? I hope they f**king get a**f**ked in Hell by Satan's massive f**king c**k for this s**t.

Seriously, not cool.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#70re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:17pm

Jeez...

Well, I'm not rushing MARY STUART. So I won't stop by. Updated On: 4/6/09 at 05:17 PM

PiraguaGuy2
#71re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:19pm

'Scuse me while I CUT A BITCH.

Wickedheights08 Profile Photo
Wickedheights08
#72re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:20pm

Actually, Ticketmaster released front row seats of Wednesday show.

Updated On: 4/6/09 at 05:20 PM

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#73re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:25pm

^^I wonder if you can get those tickets with the discount code...

But re: 9 to 5 Rush...? on no lotto or rush until after opening (or not at all). Perhaps they are waiting to see how well they sell? They could always add a "best available" student rush that is 2 hours before show at any time.

April Saul
#74re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 4/6/09 at 6:06pm

Hey I just tried the BroadwayBox discount code and it didn't work. Did you use a code to get the great released house seat?

Videos