News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

9 to 5 Rush...?

joleslie
#150re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/4/09 at 4:40pm

Anyone know how the rush queue is now the show has opened?

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#151re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/4/09 at 6:02pm

I rushed Saturday night, got there around 4:45 and was about the 8th person in line. I got row J all the way to the left, it was pretty good - I missed some of stage right, but not too much. I'd say there were a good 40 people in line by 6:30. My friends were about the 15th in line and they were sitting on the right side of the theater.

Celticblockhead Profile Photo
Celticblockhead
#152re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/12/09 at 1:25am

Out of curiosity, those that have rushed, is the price a solid $36.50 or do they add a facility fee? Thanks!

the_white_page
#153re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/12/09 at 6:38am

The price was 36.50, no extra fees added.

I rushed on Sunday and was first in line. By the time they sold the tickets, there were probably 30 people in line. They told us they sold about 35 rush seats so after that some people counted down the line and just left anyway.

Does anyone know about the rush turning to lotto rumor? I keep hearing that from several people so I'm wondering if it's true. I heard Sunday was the last day for rush.

www.bethleavel.com

rykiramom Profile Photo
rykiramom
#154re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/12/09 at 8:59am

Are they officially switching to lotto today??

thanks to Jacobsnchz14 for the avatar

theatredorkny
#155re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/12/09 at 9:42am

I asked the box office yesterday about rush vs lotto. They were supposed to start the lotto today but did not get they're act together soon enough so this week is still rush. The lotto will likely begin next week. Lotto seats will be the same as the rush seats.

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#156re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/12/09 at 12:17pm

So, to rush tomorrow night, I should get there at about 6??

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#157re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/12/09 at 12:21pm

booooo I'm really upset they're switching to lotto!!!!!!

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

Celticblockhead
#158re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/12/09 at 1:40pm

You have to be kidding me. My friends and I have been planning on going to rush next Tuesday for like a month now. *sigh*

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#159re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/12/09 at 1:59pm

I was planning on rushing this in a couple weeks, but maybe I'll do it this week instead since I have the worst luck with lottos.

Celticblockhead
#160re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/13/09 at 1:57pm

Lotto began last night, apparently.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#161re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/13/09 at 11:33pm

There were 70 people who did lotto Tuesday night, but only 28 for today's matinee.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#162re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/14/09 at 12:11am

the lotto for Wednesday's show was really crowded 60ish people were there

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#163re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/14/09 at 6:18am

What are the details for lotto? Are the seats and price the same as rush?

And is it wrong that I am amused that "60ish people" is considered "really crowded"? Clearly you've never done the lotto for Wicked or In The Heights. :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 5/14/09 at 06:18 AM

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#164re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/14/09 at 6:32am

I don't think that many people know about the lotto yet. They haven't really announced it.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#165re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/14/09 at 6:53am

I was asking about details because it appears that people here have tried it.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#166re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/14/09 at 11:38am

And is it wrong that I am amused that "60ish people" is considered "really crowded"? Clearly you've never done the lotto for Wicked or In The Heights. :)

I just meant that for having just started it, there was a fairly good sized crowd there. I've lottoed for both of those shows actually.
Updated On: 5/14/09 at 11:38 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#167re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/14/09 at 11:52am

Oh, ok.

They actually have a very good place for picking up random walk-up traffic, so that probably added to it. There were a number of times I was at the lottery for The Drowsy Chaperone and people would stop as they were walking and ask what was going on and enter.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#168re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 5/14/09 at 11:57am

They start taking names 2 hours before curtain and draw 90 min before curtain.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#169re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 7/16/09 at 9:27am

Any updates on this lately as far as crowds?
Are the seats still extreme side views?

It seems as if at worst, you can usually buy a ticket for this show at the last minute if you really want to.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#170re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 7/16/09 at 9:57am

It was on TKTS yesterday for 30 percent.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#171re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 7/16/09 at 2:26pm

I finally won lotto tickets for the very first time yesterday! Woohooo!!!!

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#172re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
Posted: 7/16/09 at 2:29pm

The few times I went have not been terribly bad, and someone I was with has always won. I have been trying at the Marquis since Drowsy, and I have never won a lotto at that theatre, it's crazy! I have always gotten to see it because someone else in my group won.

Great, now I've jinxed it...

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

Videos