News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question- Page 4

Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#75Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:53am

You'll be able to see great from row k.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#76Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 6:25am

dramamama611 said: "You'll be able to see great from row k."

+1 on you'll be fine from row K. When I first watched Hamilton, I sat in row J orchestra and the view was GREAT! You're far enough where you don't need to move your head across the stage to see where the characters go. 

jennab113 Profile Photo
jennab113
#77Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:17am

I am very short and sat on Row J (the first inclined row) and it was perfect. The person in front of me was well out of my view of the stage and I could definitely see facial expressions. 

johnstp
#78Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 10:17am

This is a great thread.  I appreciate all of the information here.

I have tickets in Row N, Seats 24-28 (on the far aisle).  Anybody here with any experience from those seats, or seats in that vicinity?  

"

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#79Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 10:23am

Your seat in Row N should be very good. I sat in Row Q almost over to the far side (I was third from the end). At intermission I asked the two women next to me how they liked their seats, and they said they loved them.

It's really amazing the view you get from that "stadium seating" area. You don't feel far away, and you don't feel off to the side! 

dance noone watchin
#80Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 3:14pm

Thanks everyone about row K and vicinity. Very helpful!

johnstp
#81Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:37pm

macnyc said: "Your seat in Row N should be very good. I sat in Row Q almost over to the far side (I was third from the end). At intermission I asked the two women next to me how they liked their seats, and they said they loved them.

It's really amazing the view you get from that "stadium seating" area. You don't feel far away, and you don't feel off to the side! 

"

Thanks, macnyc!

barbraboy19902
#82Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:47pm

I'm so torn...I've heard row W is great, and that its just awful. I don't know what to do! 

rife97
#83Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:52pm

Hi!

i have seats for ROW B FMEZZ in the center section as an aisle seat 101! How is it? Can you make out faces and everything because I am hearing the mezz is high and far away...

#84Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:16pm

rife97 said: "Hi!

i have seats for ROW B FMEZZ in the center section as an aisle seat 101! How is it? Can you make out faces and everything because I am hearing the mezz is high and far away...

Don't worry, I was in Row B RMEZZ and I could make out faces. I was very worried about sitting all the way in the back but it was worth it to see the show. 

"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#85Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:17pm

barbraboy -- what are your options?  Worry about it & ruin the experience OR hope for the best.  I"m sure you'll be fine.  YOou might miss some of what happens on the 2nd level, but nothing of importance does.

Rife - those seats should be great.  I was in row a and it was fabulous.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

nyskier
#86Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:47pm

One additional seating question -- I have seats in Section FMEZZ   Row E   Seat 24-28 -- I believe these are all the way to the side.  Any sense of how these seats are?  Planning to take my children ages 8 and 10 who love the show but wondering if these will be too far to the side/back?

Thanks!

peachesthecat
#87Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 10:18pm

barbraboy19902 said: "I'm so torn...I've heard row W is great, and that its just awful. I don't know what to do! 

"

I can't speak specifically about row W but I did have standing room tickets and they really were not awful- I don't think any ticket to Hamilton could be described as awful! If row W is partial view, you will likely miss most of the activity on the second level, but you will absolutely see the bulk of the show. You have nothing to worry about!

Ahmy
#88Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 10:24pm

nyskier: I was in seat 25 in row D (I think..) of the front mezz. The only action I had a hard time seeing/missed was the stuff on the top of the platform on stage right. Since yours seem to be on the opposite side, you'd probably miss out on the action on stage left on the platform. Other than that, no trouble seeing anything.

smidge
#89Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 6/14/16 at 10:36pm

If you already have your seats don't worry about it.  There's nothing you can do now except have a great time. 

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#90Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/7/16 at 6:08pm

I didn't want to start yet another Hamilton thread, so I'm asking this question here.  I was one of the lucky ones who received the email that offered early access to the newest block of tickets, and I was able to get great seats, front/center mezzanine, second row for March.  We are making our regular summer trip to New York this month.  We have never seen Hamilton, and I waited too long to get tickets for this trip.  After reading so much about the show, I'm itching to see it now.  My question:  is it worth paying the $600 per ticket that it would cost on Stubhub for back of the mezzanine for our trip this month, so that we can see many of the original cast, or should we save the money and just wait until our next trip in March?  I've never spent that kind of money for tickets, but I'm willing to if the view isn't that bad.  I'm dying to see the show, and would take the plunge if it seems like it would be worth it.  Of course, no matter what we decide, we will still return in March to see it again.

By the way, we already have tickets to Fun Home (had to see it one last time before it closes), Shuffle Along, Hadestown, and Fuerza Bruta for the July trip.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#91Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/7/16 at 8:39pm

Personally, I would wait until March. You will see fine from the rear mezzanine, but you will be far away. I think it's best to wait until March, when you can see the show from nice seats at a decent price. Even if you spring all that money to see the show this month, much of the OBC will be gone anyway. 

Hairspray0901
#92Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/8/16 at 12:44am

I don't have any advice on whether or not to spend more money on a show you already have tickets to but I will say that lately, march is hit or miss with a snow storm. I had tickets for this past march and it showed snow on the forecast until the day before and I was incredibly nervous that my long awaited trip to hamilton would get cancelled! So maybe that's something to think about. 

luvcaroline
#93Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/8/16 at 7:18pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm still undecided on what to do, but will post back later if I decide to go!

Castle2
#94Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/8/16 at 8:36pm

Hairspray0901 said: "I don't have any advice on whether or not to spend more money on a show you already have tickets to but I will say that lately, march is hit or miss with a snow storm. I had tickets for this past march and it showed snow on the forecast until the day before and I was incredibly nervous that my long awaited trip to hamilton would get cancelled! So maybe that's something to think about. "

I have tickets for January, I'll be coming down just for the show from Boston, and I'm sooooo nervous that a snowstorm is going to mess it all up.  Nothing to do about it, though. 

ProducersFan
#95Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/8/16 at 8:54pm

Castle2 said: "Hairspray0901 said: "I don't have any advice on whether or not to spend more money on a show you already have tickets to but I will say that lately, march is hit or miss with a snow storm. I had tickets for this past march and it showed snow on the forecast until the day before and I was incredibly nervous that my long awaited trip to hamilton would get cancelled! So maybe that's something to think about. "

I have tickets for January, I'll be coming down just for the show from Boston, and I'm sooooo nervous that a snowstorm is going to mess it all up.  Nothing to do about it, though. 

"

I have tickets for January as well, only I'm coming from Orlando so I'm doubly worried. I grew up in Maryland so I know how hit or miss the weather can be. My husband already knows that we'll be making every effort possible to get up to NYC in time!

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

luvcaroline
#96Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/9/16 at 5:10pm

Well, I just spent more than I expected, but I couldn't pass up the price on row Q  side orchestra. This is officially the most I've ever paid for any tickets, but I don't care. We're seeing Hamilton!

tatter47
#97Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:15pm

Any recommendations or experience for seating in the balcony. What to buy and what to avoid. Thanks!

lisamaria
#98Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/14/16 at 5:18pm

Writing for a friend - has opportunity to see the show from side orchestra - row E - seat 23 (partially obstructed).

Any thoughts on this?  what will he 'miss'?

thanks!

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#99Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
Posted: 7/14/16 at 6:02pm

lisamaria said: "Any thoughts on this?  what will he 'miss'?"

Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question

Videos