News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews- Page 2

BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#25BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews
Posted: 3/27/23 at 3:49pm

JudyDenmark said:  "...could definitely win for the lighting, which I thought was thrilling)."

I think last night's opening of SWEENEY TOOD with its broadly praised lighting makes it the leader in that category, though I agree that the lighting for DANCIN' was one of its strengths.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#26BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews
Posted: 3/27/23 at 4:06pm

JudyDenmark said: "Musical Master said: "Maybe this might have some Tony Award chances after all; not as much as Sweeney Todd, Camelot, and Parade per say, but a chance regardless."

I'm definitely hoping it squeaks into Revival and we get five nominees, but regardless I think it has a very solid chance at lighting & costumes noms (and, without having seen everything yet, could definitely win for the lighting, which I thought was thrilling).
"

The thing is, barring Camelot going over like a lead balloon, Dancin' seems to be decidedly 5th out of 6 potential nominees. As much as I am a rabid fan of this show - Sweeney, Parade, Camelot, and Into The Woods have their Fosse neck in a vice. (The other contender in the mix is 1776 which, let's face it, not a chance).

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#27BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews
Posted: 3/27/23 at 4:40pm

Plus Camelot is much more likely to tour than Dancin'.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#28BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews
Posted: 3/27/23 at 4:53pm

ACL2006 said: "Plus Camelot is much more likely to tour than Dancin'."

Hmmm, but Dancin' might be a lot easier to tour though in terms of set and casting.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#29BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews
Posted: 3/27/23 at 6:40pm

quizking101 said: "JudyDenmark said: "Musical Master said: "Maybe this might have some Tony Award chances after all; not as much as Sweeney Todd, Camelot, and Parade per say, but a chance regardless."

I'm definitely hoping it squeaks into Revival and we get five nominees, but regardless I think it has a very solid chance at lighting & costumes noms (and, without having seen everything yet, could definitely win for the lighting, which I thought was thrilling).
"

The thing is, barring Camelot going over like a lead balloon, Dancin' seems to be decidedly 5th out of 6 potential nominees. As much as I am a rabid fan of this show - Sweeney, Parade, Camelot, and Into The Woods have their Fosse neck in a vice. (The other contender in the mix is 1776 which, let's face it, not a chance).
"

Oh it’s definitely a long shot. I’m not expecting it to necessarily overtake one of the leading four, but there’s a world where there’s a tie and five nominees, at least in what I’m trying to manifest haha. I just think a Tony performance would be so great for it (and I agree that it could be a strong tour). 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#30BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews
Posted: 3/27/23 at 7:46pm

quizking101 said: "ACL2006 said: "Plus Camelot is much more likely to tour than Dancin'."

Hmmm, but Dancin' might be a lot easier to tour though in terms of set and casting.
"

Cheaper to tour, yes. But Camelot would sell better.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#31BOB FOSSE’S DANCIN’ Reviews
Posted: 3/28/23 at 12:25pm

The company performing “Sing Sing Sing” on GMA:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/cast-bob-fosses-dancin-performs-gma-98173429

Oh look, a bibu!

Videos