News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

"Best Musical" 2007 TONY Contenders- Page 7

"Best Musical" 2007 TONY Contenders

roseinthewinter2 Profile Photo
roseinthewinter2
#150re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 2:18am

Mary Poppins?? WTF?

I think for sure: Spring Awakening, Grey Gardens, Legally Blonde. Who knows about the last spot.

Lizzy... really, no one appreciates the way you post. Really, it's childish. And, just fyi, when you whine and stomp your feet and protest that you really are mature... it just gives us ammunition. Save it. It's better for both you and us.

"And no, I'm not addicted to crack (unless you count showtunes as 'crack' and then clearly, I am a lost cause)." - Donna Lynne Champlin

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#151re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:01am

Wow are you trying to get some attention by starting something up after it's over...Well in that case....Jesus people whether someone likes a show or not WHO GIVES A DAMN...GOD JUST WAIT TILL THE TONY NOM.'S ARE ANNOUNCED, AND DON'T ATTACK SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LOVE THE SAME SHOW YOU DO!! I agree with Lizzy9 I don't think SA is an appropriate Broadway show...and you know why? People my age SHOULD of anyone like a show based around my age yet I/others don't like it and find it vulger...So does that give someone the rights to chew someone out because they don't LOVE the same show you do? Just because someone says they like another show over another gives no right to bash...RESPECT EACH OTHERS OPINIONS!!!!

Updated On: 2/18/07 at 04:01 AM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#152re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:06am

^ It doesn't matter if you thinks it's vulgar or not, the fact is Spring Awakening is pretty much guaranteed a nomination atthis point, and Mary Poppins isn't. You don;t have to like the show, but that's the truth.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#153re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:07am

Have the Tony Nom's been announced??

wonderfulwizard11
#154re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:12am

No, they haven't but it's pretty easy to predict Spring Awakening will get a nomination. It's a show with great critical and audience reaction, and there is almost no way it won't get nominated.

When Mary Poppins gets nominated and Spring Awakening doesn't, you can get back to me.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#155re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:16am

I never said SA wasn't going to get nom., and being that the Tony nom's have not been announced it is not the truth that MP is not going to get nom. So everyone should quite saying things right and left because they don't know...nothing has been announced..

Julian2
#156re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:19am

But that's the whole point of this thread, to say things left and right about the nominations.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#157re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:21am

Yes, but is the point to put down other shows and bash on other people for not following the pack who think some shows are top choice? No...In that sense this thread has become pointless because now people are arguing about which show will get nom. and which show won't when they don't have a clue..

wonderfulwizard11
#158re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:22am

Yes, and you have said MP is "for sure to get a nom.", so if you can say that, we can say SA will get a nom. and MP won't.

It's a predictions thread, we can make our predictions and argue about others.

"to put down other shows and bash on other people for not following the pack who think some shows are top choice?"

No one is bashing anyone. If you like Mary Poppins, that's fantastic.

"In that sense this thread has become pointless because now people are arguing about which show will get nom. and which show won't"

Uh... arguing about which show will get nominated and which won't is the point of this thread.

"when they don't have a clue.. "

Who said "they" don't have a clue? A clue about what?

Updated On: 2/18/07 at 04:22 AM

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#159re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:26am

Ughhhhh my words keep getting twisted around so let me sum things up being that every time I say something I get PUT DOWN....OK yes you can have you're own opinions...NO it's not ok to put down other people's opinions because they don't agree with some...And NO it's not ok to bash on others for not agreeing...

Julian2
#160re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:27am

In that sense this thread has become pointless because now people are arguing about which show will get nom. and which show won't when they don't have a clue..

I can't speak to the non-nomination arguments, but that's the whole point of the thread.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!
Updated On: 2/18/07 at 04:27 AM

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#161re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:30am

"I can't speak to the non-nomination arguments, but again, the whole point of the thread."
The whole point of this thread.....Was supposed to be just simply saying what you think will get Nom. Not putting down shows that you think won't get nom. and not arguing over it

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#161re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders

"I can't speak to the non-nomination arguments, but again, the whole point of the thread."
The whole point of this thread.....Was supposed to be just simply saying what you think will get Nom. Not putting down shows that you think won't get nom. and not arguing over it

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#163re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders

The whole point of this thread.....Was supposed to be just simply saying what you think will get Nom. Not putting down shows that you think won't get nom. and people not arguing over it

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#164re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:31am

Triple Post...My Bad

wonderfulwizard11
#165re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:33am

No one is bashing the shows!!!

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#166re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:35am

GO BACK 2 PAGES AND START FROM THERE READING THE ARGUMENTS!!! SO...CRITICS HATED MP SO IT WON'T GET NOM..THAT'S NOT BASHING?????

Julian2
#167re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:35am

I agree its about stateing what you think will get a nomination, but its also about conjecture and debate with felow theatre lovers.

Updated On: 2/18/07 at 04:35 AM

Julian2
#168re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:37am

SO...CRITICS HATED MP SO IT WON'T GET NOM..THAT'S NOT BASHING?????

No, that's an opinion about its chances of getting nominated.

wonderfulwizard11
#169re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:38am

No, it's not bashing. It's fact. MP got mixed reviews, and it is every likely it won't get nominated. Did anyone ever say "MP is a bad show. It shouldn't be nominated"? No.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#170re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:40am

OH MY GOD!!! Just forget it...I can't even say one thing without it being stretched into some long discussion that now I don't even want to hear the name Tony Nom. because I am so sick of it.....WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS!!! Just leave it at that!

wonderfulwizard11
#171re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:41am

No need to shout re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#172re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:55am

So now it's "MP got mixed reviews" over that it got the pan, Then this whole time what I kept hearing about why it wouldn't get nom. was because it got bad reviews and now it's changed to it got mixed reviews...Here's A Fact: The definition of Critics-One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder. In that Case, THEY ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING WRONG ABOUT A SHOW EVEN IF IT'S A GOOD MUSICAL...Whatever Critics think doesn't matter...what matters is that the show "sells" and gets good audiences...THAT'S what gets a show nom. Now then in that case look at the weekly grosses since MP has been open and look at what people think after seeing it on the Disney Site...that should show you whether it's deserving

Updated On: 2/18/07 at 04:55 AM

wonderfulwizard11
#173re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:02am

I wouldn't say audience reaction matters as much as crtical reaction. Take a look at 1994. Passion wasn't exactly a hit with audiences, and it was was nominated and won Best Musical.
Neither was Sweeney Todd in 1979, and it won as well. There are a good amount of shows that have won Best MUsical that were not hits with audiences.

And critics don't always find something wrong with the show. Besides, most shows always have some tiny faults.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#174re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
Posted: 2/18/07 at 5:05am

"I wouldn't say audience reaction matters as much as crtical reaction."
Well I don't think the critics are paying to see the show 24/7 are they?

"Take a look at 1994. Passion wasn't exactly a hit with audiences, and it was was nominated and won Best Musical.
Neither was Sweeney Todd in 1979, and it won as well. There are a good amount of shows that have won Best MUsical that were not hits with audiences."
Yet look at the shows now like ST and they have become huge hits!

"And critics don't always find something wrong with the show. Besides, most shows always have some tiny faults."
Tiny faults are flaws and flaws mean something is wrong

Videos