News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

King and I Rush

billyelliotfan123
#25King and I Rush
Posted: 11/22/15 at 12:44pm

I recently received a discount mailer for this that starts in January. Do you guys think that they could change the student rush to general rush at that time? I would think that it would help them to fill the houses. When i went on Wednesday afternoon the Beaumont looked very thin. I would have thought that matinee performances of this show would be an automatic sell out

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#26King and I Rush
Posted: 11/22/15 at 9:58pm

SmoothLover said: "I actually heard something about how they were thinking of bringing in that Asian actor from Lost after Ken does his few weeks in the Spring. They are also interested in Rosie O'Donell for Lady Thiang which would be an interesting choice."

Is this a poor attempt at Two Truths and a Lie?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

theaterlover5678
#27King and I Rush
Posted: 11/23/15 at 1:52am

SmoothLover said: "I actually heard something about how they were thinking of bringing in that Asian actor from Lost after Ken does his few weeks in the Spring. They are also interested in Rosie O'Donell for Lady Thiang which would be an interesting choice."

Hope this was a joke...? The fact that people are taking this seriously is worrisome. Rosie. O'Donnell. Is. Not. ASIAN. I repeat. Rosie. O'Donnell. Is. Not. ASIAN. The fact that some people on this board think yellow face in the abstract is OK is baffling... 2015, people.

UnwoundFantasies
#28King and I Rush
Posted: 11/23/15 at 9:37am

It's obviously a joke, no way would Bart Sher or anyone at LCT approve that casting change. Besides, Ruthie Ann Miles isn't going anywhere for awhile.

TheatricalDramaQueen Profile Photo
TheatricalDramaQueen
#29King and I Rush
Posted: 12/19/15 at 11:05am

How/where have the rush tickets been for this show lately?

Videos