News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews- Page 20

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#475MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/19/24 at 6:07pm

NYadgal said: "And, I, too, was in the front row mezz last night.

Perfect seats on a perfect night with perfect celebrations from beginning to end.
"

OMG.  I was front row mezz as well.  I would have loved to say hi to you.  It was my second time seeing this production.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#476MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/19/24 at 9:00pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Has a regularly priced Broadway ticket even been as high as $1299 ($1249 plus $50 in fees)? Seems unlikely."

Yeah the premium price tickets online for the final performance July 7th is $1299! Wow! Is that a record on Broadway? I recall Hello Dolly front row premium tix on weekends cost $999.

Since this show has recouped and clearly doing well, hopefully the production will give a bonus to the ushers at the Hudson. I heard when Music Man closed the ushers at the Winter Garden received a bonus which was very generous of the Music Man producers.

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#477MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/19/24 at 10:16pm

Wick3 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Has a regularly priced Broadway ticket even been as high as $1299 ($1249 plus $50 in fees)? Seems unlikely."

Yeah the premium price tickets online for the final performance July 7this $1299! Wow! Is that a record on Broadway? I recall Hello Dolly front row premium tixon weekends cost $999.

Since this show has recouped and clearly doing well,hopefully the production will give a bonus to the ushers at the Hudson. I heard when Music Man closed the ushers at the Winter Garden received a bonus which was very generous of the Music Man producers.
"

Was it the producers or Hugh?  Just curious because Bette was very generous with the house at the end of her first engagement and when the show closed .  

inception Profile Photo
inception
#478MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/19/24 at 10:31pm

Wick3 said: "
Since this show has recouped and clearly doing well,hopefully the production will give a bonus to the ushers at the Hudson. I heard when Music Man closed the ushers at the Winter Garden received a bonus which was very generous of the Music Man producers."

Anyone who has ever worked in the service industry knows that Brits don't tip.

JSquared2
#479MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/19/24 at 10:44pm

Wick3 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Has a regularly priced Broadway ticket even been as high as $1299 ($1249 plus $50 in fees)? Seems unlikely."

Yeah the premium price tickets online for the final performance July 7this $1299! Wow! Is that a record on Broadway? I recall Hello Dolly front row premium tixon weekends cost $999.

Since this show has recouped and clearly doing well,hopefully the production will give a bonus to the ushers at the Hudson. I heard when Music Man closed the ushers at the Winter Garden received a bonus which was very generous of the Music Man producers.
"

That gesture was not from the producers. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#480MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/19/24 at 11:36pm

I'm not really sure how bonuses work on Broadway for front of house folks. Given how Patti once said her salary came from her show's producer, I just thought bonuses come from the show's producers.  For Music Man, I guess if it's not the producers then it's probably Hugh who gave bonuses to the ushers. All I know is my friend who is an usher there was very very happy to get that unexpected bonus check!

bear88
#481MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/19/24 at 11:38pm

PalJoey said: "In New York for a brief trip and can see Merrily either Friday or Saturday evening the 21st or 22nd. Is either onemore likely to have all 3 leads?"

I don’t know if you got your ticket yet, but it sounds like Friday night is the better bet due to likely filming.

Wayman_Wong
#482MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 2:30am

Curtain call from 1st post-Tony 'Merrily'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdtipJa2vY

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#483MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/23/24 at 12:28pm

......and the final performance is now 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY.

Bought my ticket months ago. Sixth and final time with this BRILLIANT production.   If it made me tear up to realize that this morning, don't know how i'll make it thru the actual show MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 6/23/24 at 12:28 PM

MezzA101
#484MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 8:47am

For the final performance you have a choice on their official Broadway Direct website of row Q for $1,299 or row R right behind for a bargain $999.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#485MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 9:40am

Broadway Direct just sends you to the Hudson ticket page - and closing performance actually has about 50 tickets left, ranging from 699 on up.   (I mean ridiculous, to me, either way.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#486MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 12:14pm

Just looked at the Hudson theater ticketing site and for final performance on July 7th, the most expensive ticket as of right now is $999. I don't see the $1299 price anywhere so not sure if someone bought those orchestra seats or if the producers decreased the price to $999.

MezzA101
#487MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 12:28pm

Wick3 said: "Just looked at the Hudson theater ticketing site and for final performance on July 7th, the most expensive ticket as of right now is$999. I don't see the $1299 price anywhere so not sure if someone bought those orchestra seats or if the producers decreased the price to $999."

The Q seats were downgraded from $1,299 to $999. Maybe someone there saw my posted and was shamed into reducing the price.

MezzA101
#488MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/28/24 at 5:59pm

And the $1,299 seats are back for the final performance. Eight seats Row E Orchestra Center.

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#489MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 5:27am

inception said: "Anyone who has ever worked in the service industry knows that Brits don't tip."

As a Brit I can concur.  Why are customers expected to supplement a worker's wage so that the employer can make more profit?  Ridiculous.  I've worked retail my whole life and mostly on minimum wage which is far below the average wage in the UK, but at least I can survive on it without hoping for handouts from customers.

mshalo18
#490MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 10:32am

MezzA101 said: "And the $1,299 seats are back for the final performance. Eight seats Row E Orchestra Center."

And to think when I paid $387 for center orchestra row D during the original presale I was twitching. Sounds like a bargain right about now. 

jimmycurry01
#491MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 12:01pm

LuckyDipster said: "inception said: "Anyone who has ever worked in the service industry knows that Brits don't tip."

As a Brit I can concur. Why are customers expected to supplement a worker's wage so that the employer can make more profit? Ridiculous. I've worked retail my whole life and mostly on minimum wage which is far below the average wage in the UK, but at least I can survive on it without hoping for handouts from customers.
"

That's all well and good, but if you come to the US, tip. Here the federal minimum wage for servers is $2.13/hr. They are expected to make and live off of tips.

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#492MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/30/24 at 7:52pm

One week left....... :(

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

MezzA101
#493MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/30/24 at 9:07pm

Row O Orchestra Center for Tuesday night: $1,299.

MezzA101
#494MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 7/1/24 at 8:46am

Is "Merrily" the only Broadway show with a 4th of July matinee this week?

inception Profile Photo
inception
#495MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 7/1/24 at 8:51am

MezzA101 said: "Is "Merrily" the only Broadway show with a 4th of July matinee this week?"

Looks like it.  Gotta make that money honey.

https://playbill.com/article/broadways-fourth-of-july-week-2024-performance-schedule-changes

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#496MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 7/1/24 at 12:20pm

I just hate when a for profit endeavor want to make $$.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

yyys
#497MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 7/1/24 at 1:14pm

Only a fool would pay that.

MezzA101 said: "Row O Orchestra Center for Tuesday night: $1,299."

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#498MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 7/1/24 at 1:18pm

Any reports on the cancellation line?

MezzA101
#499MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 7/1/24 at 1:41pm

yyys said: "Only a fool would pay that.

MezzA101 said: "Row O Orchestra Center for Tuesday night: $1,299."

No argument from me but there are currently no tickets available for tomorrow night. What's the over/under bet for this week's gross?
"

Videos