News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

SHE LOVES ME Reviews

Alex10
#100SHE LOVES ME Reviews
Posted: 3/27/16 at 7:31pm

Longtime lurker, first time poster- compelled to say that I absolutely ADORED this production. I'd never seen the show before, and found it really sweet and charming. The music is beautiful, the set is great, and the performances are fantastic across the board (oh man, Laura Benanti in particular was stunning).

I'm not sure the issues some people have with this show are generational either, as some people were saying. I'm in college, and my viewing buddy and I loved this, and we met several other people around our age with the same take. I think the show really is just a simple romance, with nothing else to really distract from that, and that just doesn't appeal to some people. I do see how it might be off-putting to some of the more casual theatregoers of 2016, though, as the score is very classically "musical theatre" in nature and doesn't have the widespread pop appeal that a lot of other shows do.

I do hope this production ends up extending its run. This cast deserves so much recognition and appreciation!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#101SHE LOVES ME Reviews
Posted: 4/2/16 at 2:49pm

I saw "She Loves Me" on Wednesday and I can't say enough wonderful things about the show. I had a front row seat and when the set actually opened up to reveal the parfumerie I was utterly and truly amazed! This has to be one of the most charmingly beautiful sets in Broadway history. Go see it for yourself! (Some spoilers ahead).

The cast is in "high octane" mode. Laura and Zachary are electric together, ( and whoever thought that Zachary could do somersaults and high kicks?). Laura'a voice is in top form, especially with all the high notes. Jane and Gavin provide a lot of laughter but they are two of the best dancers I have ever seen. Jane's choreography is amazing! Multiple splits and truly great "Broadway" dancing. When Gavin drags her energetic splits across the stage it brings down the house! I had a chance to speak to Gavin after the show and he is so sincere and loves doing the show. 

Even if you don't think you will like, as some call it, an old time musical (though I disagree), you must see this production. You will not be disappointed. To Roundabout I say...

"Thank you, thank you I'll certainly call again, Thank You!! 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#102SHE LOVES ME Reviews
Posted: 4/2/16 at 2:52pm

I forgot to say this production has to be extended! And Tony time I think there's no competition!

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Videos