News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Official "HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17" Thread- Page 3

The Official "HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17" Thread

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#50re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 7:54pm

If anyone goes and they're still doing a cast album - have those order forms which I stupidly didn't fill out - PLEASE PM me so I can get my hands on an album somehow!!!!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

thevolleyballer
#51re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 7:57pm

The cast recording will be sold on the website, and it's being pre-ordered at the theatre (so says my mother, on the phone right now waiting for the show to start). So hope isn't completely lost.

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#52re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 8:00pm

I just hope to God it gets recorded and distributed, not shelved like SOME albums I can think of.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#53re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 8:37pm

Has anyone done TDF for High Fidelity lately? Want to tell me where the seats have been? Thanks. I am really looking forward to it.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#54re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:35pm

and it's being pre-ordered at the theatre

That doesn't mean a thing. They did pre-orders for the Lestat cast recording its entire run and... well, look how that ended up. *sigh*

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#55re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:37pm

I really, really hope they do a recording. I heard the songs were the best part, and I liked the sampler enough to buy the CD if they would make one.

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#56re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:39pm

I knew it. I'm so sad.

neddyfrank2
#57re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:40pm

and it got stuck with a theatre three times the size it should be.

thevolleyballer- So it should be in a 472 seat theater?

MargoChanning
#58re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:53pm

The show was WAY too big for commercial Off-Broadway, where in recent years even plays with casts of less than 5 have routinely flopped. Even if they'd cut half the cast and orchestra, it would have been too expensive to survive in a theatre with less than 500 seats (and you could forget having that set or anything like it). Besides, with those reviews, it would have flopped in no matter what theater it wound up in -- on or off Broadway.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#59re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:11pm

That was crazy quick. And I really wanted to see it...
Updated On: 12/12/06 at 10:11 PM

neddyfrank2
#60re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:13pm

Margo- Did you see it?

#61re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:21pm

how did "in my life" run longer??????

OOTI2004 Profile Photo
OOTI2004
#62re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:21pm

To think I almost went to see it this past weekend. Oh well, I am surprised only 14 shows, but I'm glad that the producers aren't going to drag it out.

MargoChanning
#63re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:26pm

I saw it last week, the day before it opened. I pretty much agreed with most of the reviews -- though I thought a few were unnecessarily harsh. It struck me as an entirely disposable and forgettable -- a show based on a book and movie that didn't need to be musicalized with characters and situations that didn't "sing" (or at least would never sing that score). While some of Green's lyrics were well-crafted (though many were vulgar), a couple of the tunes were solid (though many were cringe-inducing), and the set design was striking, I was mostly unimpressed by the cast, the pedestrian book and the overall corniness and lack of spark in the presentation of the material. It felt like an assignment from the Lehman-Engel Songwriter's workshop that was probably a decent exercise for the students, but should have never made it out of the classroom. Ultimately, I felt like it was just a mammoth waste of time, talent and money and should have never gone to Broadway to begin with.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 12/12/06 at 10:26 PM

perfectliar
#64re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:48pm

Are closing performances usually on TKTS? Or do they usually sell out? Updated On: 12/12/06 at 10:48 PM

AnythingCanHappen Profile Photo
AnythingCanHappen
#65re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:51pm

Legally Blonde will be at the Imperial now. I call it.

"Don't worry, it should never be seen. It's comparable to Britney's hoo-ha." - being.jeremiah in response to the High School Musical 2 logo "You look fantastic, all you need are high heels, cake and a dream." - Amneris

showbiz287 Profile Photo
showbiz287
#66re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:56pm

I saw the show in its preview in Boston. I didn't particularly care for the show, but I didn't hate it! I thought it would at least run at least until Billy Elliot came to kick it out in the Fall of 07. I hope the set gets nominated for a Tony Award because its a great great set!!!

"I'll eat some breakfast, then change the world."

showbiz287 Profile Photo
showbiz287
#67re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:56pm

...and I'd buy the Cast Album

"I'll eat some breakfast, then change the world."

MargoChanning
#68re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:58pm

Legally Blonde has already booked The Palace.

Coram Boy will be going into The Imperial.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#69re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 11:18pm

Just so everyone knows, Will was out tonight too. I noticed as I walked by the theatre.

Whatever happened to class?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#70re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 11:30pm

If anyone has suggestions on getting tickets to the closing night performance for at least 50% off, please PM me. I don't care where I sit.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#71re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/12/06 at 11:58pm

I will be in attandence thanks TDF!

AnythingCanHappen Profile Photo
AnythingCanHappen
#72re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 12:07am

oops. is the imperial or the palace bigger, both in terms of house and stage?

"Don't worry, it should never be seen. It's comparable to Britney's hoo-ha." - being.jeremiah in response to the High School Musical 2 logo "You look fantastic, all you need are high heels, cake and a dream." - Amneris

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#73re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 12:14am

i think its just me :) i jinx shows.

first lestat ... i buy tickets for it about 2 months in advance .... ends up that i see it the weekend they close.

I bought tickets for high fidelity about 2 months ago ... again .. i am coming this weekend to ny to see it.

RentBoy86
#74re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 12:18am

The Palace is bigger.

Will Coram Boy be able to sell that big barn of a theater, or do the producers even care?

Does this mean the planned tour is scrapped too?

Videos