News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Official "HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17" Thread- Page 4

The Official "HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17" Thread

BrunetteBombshell
#75re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 12:23am

I'm surprised it's closing so soon. I didn't think it would last a long time, but I didn't expect its run to end so soon and abruptly.

theater_nut
#76re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 12:29am

I am upset as hell that this show closed.
Tom Kitt's music was incredible - the best thing abot this production.

What upsets me most is that Walter Bobbie comes out virtually unscathed. In my opinion he closed the show. His bad direction was the show's only flaw. The actors, music, choreography, book, set, etc. was all amazing. Bad direction can ruin an entire show - this is a perfect example of this. And it's a damn damn shame that not one review - and no one - is pointing this out.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#77re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 12:42am

I really wish there was going to be a cast recording. I definitely have no hope for this though.

The Imperial seems like it would be a detriment to any play or small musical, but a wonderful theater for a regular- sized musical.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#78re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 1:02am

There always is a possibilty for them to still go on record. I LOVE YOU BECAUSE made the announcement of recording well after it closed.

NathanLaneStalker
#79re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 1:30am

WOW! The Times They are a Changin lasted longer than this! I thought it was gonna run as long as Wedding Singer.

Don't they have like a 5 dollar thing for closing show?

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#80re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 8:20am

So, i'm guessing theres not going to be a soundtrack for High Fidelity?

Trish2
#81re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 8:27am

I agree that Walter Bobbie is overrated as a director. Whether his contribution to the demise of this show is unclear, he will continue to work. Im more concerned about Gattelli's reputation as he is still up and coming, and a bomb like this on your resume never looks good. He was on such a roll with Altar Boyz and Martin Short, and I can only hope they'll forgive him for this one-just wrong place wrong time.

NathanLaneStalker
#82re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 8:56am

I think Walter Bobbie is a better actor than he is a director though I think he's a great director...if that makes sense..

and no coolphantom919, there will NEVER be a soundtrack but there MIGHT be an Original Cast Recording!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

#83re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 11:02am

re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17

You know, "High Fidelity" wasn't that bad. I actually enjoyed myself at the show, which is a lot more than I expected...

I guess the problem is, at $100 a ticket, it can't be just decent, it needs to have people passionate about it...

To quote "[Title of Show]", "I'd rather be 9 people's favorite thing than a hundred people's ninth favorite thing."

Broadway Bullet Theatre Podcast

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#84re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 1:25pm

"The cast recording will be sold on the website, and it's being pre-ordered at the theatre (so says my mother, on the phone right now waiting for the show to start). So hope isn't completely lost. "

Sounds like a plan to me.
I wanna hear the music.
I wish I could see this.
Oh well, tomorrow is ANNIE. re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Junior
#85re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 2:02pm

Im incredibly sad to see this go.What a terrible holiday gift! I went into the show expecting to hate it, (i only went because I was comped) but ended up liking it so much I saw it again. I agree, it needed a much smaller theatre, perhaps even an off Broadway theatre, but I was really hoping it would find an audience. I know they were taking orders for a cast album, so hopefully they'll pull an "Amour" and get together after the fact to record one. Personally, I loved the music and would love to have a recording. I know theatre is a business (sadly) and they weren't making money, and I know shows close all the time, but I'm really sad to see this one go. I guess I just got a little too invested. Good luck to the cast and crew! May you all find work ASAP!

Trekkie2
#86re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 2:31pm

Not surprising in the least. But I am sorry to see any peice of theater go.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

Pinky Profile Photo
Pinky
#87re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 4:26pm

If I didn't go to such a jerk school (Penn State), I could go see HF this weekend. But, I have finals till the 22nd!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!

Not shocked to see this go, but I was hoping they could hold out till I got out of school. I really wanted to Will Chase...I hope he's in something fabulous soon!!!

Penn State Forever!!!!

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#88re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 6:04pm

I'm really dissapointed that it's closing so soon. I would have figured AT LEAST until mid January. It's not really fair, I don't think it had enough of a chance to do well, I know for a fact there are several people who were planning on seeing it and now won't be able to. Oh well, what can you do?

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#89re: HIGH FIDELITY CLOSING 12.17
Posted: 12/13/06 at 6:12pm

"Legally Blonde will be at the Imperial now. I call it."

If legally blonde lasts for more than a week, I might throw up.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Fairies
#90EXCUSES EXCUSES
Posted: 12/13/06 at 8:00pm

Why does everyone make so many excuses? This is a bad show - bad idea from the beginning. A brilliant piece of art never comes from a bunch of Producers sitting around thinking "What movie would make a good musical?" and then hiring writers to create it. Brilliant art comes from inspiration and reflection. Musical theatre is a dying art form. Broadway is supposed to be the pinnacle yet how many shows on Broadway are actually original or unique? Almost none. I say good riddance to juke-box musicals and musicals based on movies and every other boring, uninspired idea.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#91EXCUSES EXCUSES
Posted: 12/13/06 at 8:03pm

Excuses? I'm sorry, but some of us enjoyed this show and aren't making excuses for it.

Why can't shows just be entertainment anymore?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#92EXCUSES EXCUSES
Posted: 12/13/06 at 9:00pm

I honestly loved the show, despite the fact that I went in pompously and condescendingly expecting it to be a loowwwer form of theatre.

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#93EXCUSES EXCUSES
Posted: 12/14/06 at 10:23am

After checking out High Fidelity on its second day of previews, I was blown away by the music. To not record a cast album would be a shame! That being said, tt is really hard to believe that this will close sooner than that piece of garbage Lestat. Before LESTAT came along, I have never wanted to walk out of the theatre before intermission. And I have never heard theatregoers comment on how bad a show was at intermission....until LESTAT.

And what is really getting me is most of you are dooming Legally Blonde before it opens. Enough Already! Legally Blonde is a movie that everyone has heard of and most people enjoyed. Not to mention, the casting is brilliant from Laura Bundy, Orfeah, Richard Blake - I hope it does in the Wedding Singer terms AWESOMEEEE!!

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

Videos