News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for byebyebaby12

byebyebaby12 Profile Photo
Member Name: byebyebaby12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Justin Bieber & Miley Cyrus To Star In Remake Of GREASE?
 Aug 30 2010, 02:16:46 PM
Why does everyone find some way to bring up Sarah Palin (or in this case her family) in every other thread? It is just so un-needed.
Justin Bieber & Miley Cyrus To Star In Remake Of GREASE?
 Aug 30 2010, 02:07:07 PM
I will start stabbing 12 year olds if this happens.
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown- Which Version?
 Aug 30 2010, 02:01:40 PM
I perfer the revivial version just because when I saw the original at a community theatre I nearly fell asleep. May have been the bad acting also but I thinkt he revivial version is more upbeat.
Movies that should be on Broadway
 Aug 29 2010, 11:30:57 PM
How about King King vs Godzilla?
 Aug 29 2010, 02:22:09 AM
I know MTI sells rights for stage versions of Mulan and Aladdin. They may be trying them out to see if there is interest. I think there was an Aladdin show at Disneyland for a little bit.

I would like to see them take the Finding Nemo musical from Animal Kingdom and expand it for a full scale show. I was so suprised when I saw it.

Aug 27 2010, 09:26:08 PM
Agreed with Ms. Pettigrew Lives for a Day and Enchanted.

Heart and Souls would be great musical material.

But the one I want really bad that I have no idea why it has not been brought to the stage is Calamity Jane. I can haz Kelli O'Hara as Jane Plz?

When Will We See a Merrily Broadway Revival?
 Aug 26 2010, 02:01:24 AM
I really don't think reviving shows that did not do well financially the first time around is a good idea. I said the same thing about Finian's Rainbow and Ragtime.

How About A GREASE Reunion Show?
 Aug 26 2010, 01:52:04 AM
John Travolta played Doody, IRC.

Can we make this into a video game too?

What is the most well known musical of all time?
 Aug 26 2010, 01:40:02 AM
I am going with Grease, Annie and Sound of Music too. But I would say Grease is the one almost everyone knows. It's one of the go-to slumber party movies for girls.

I would also have to say Hairspray is getting up there due to the popularity of the movie.

They are not showing West Side Story as much in high schools in my area since it becomes an issue with the boys just making fun of the movie the entire time instead of watching it. We just watched the Franco Zeferelli versio

Musicals you want REVISED
 Aug 25 2010, 03:01:04 PM
I agree with the Little Mermaid, new director, fix the mermaid costumes and some revisons to the book. My first revison would be to cut both of Scuttle's songs.
For people that can't get to NYC very often...
 Aug 25 2010, 02:47:38 PM
They are still doing the Opera screenings. Actually, several theatres here just picked them up.

I would love this but it could get complicated with Equity rules and such.

South Pacific Broadway Cast (PBS) vs Touring Cast
 Aug 23 2010, 10:26:28 PM
Me too! I was hoping he would be in the lobby collecting for Broadway Cares but he wasn't. I really loved his dynamic with Nellie.

I thought Carmen was good but she seemed a little too sophisticated for Nellie.

Aug 23 2010, 10:17:04 PM
Same can go for movies.
 Aug 23 2010, 10:01:20 PM
Matthew Saldivar was my favorite in the cast. Really made the part his own.
WEST SIDE STORY Tour Announces Cast
 Aug 23 2010, 01:00:56 PM
THRILLED FOR MICHELLE!
White people are 'ethnic' too
 Aug 23 2010, 12:56:50 PM
Well, there have also been productions of Phantom in Asia so actually there have been a few Asian Phantoms and Christines.

Slapstick plays
 Aug 22 2010, 04:51:28 PM
Animal Crackers may be something to look into.
 Aug 22 2010, 03:21:30 PM
Yes! When I heard it the first time I was thinking "WTF Does that mean?

I seem to remember a Youtube video of the final scene of Dreamgirls performed at a high school and Effie was white. The comments were hilarious though. I can't find it though.

Aug 22 2010, 03:12:15 PM
The only reason I mentioned it was because everyone was talking about non-traditional Rent casting. If you read the above posts people and talking about casts they saw. I was just giving an visual ofa somewhat non traditional Rent cast.
2009 Tonys, GLEE, Neil Patrick Harris, Lithgow Win Creative Arts Emmy Award
 Aug 22 2010, 03:07:59 PM
I mean, her award was annoying because she up against voice actors like Dan Castenella, Hank Azaria and H. Jon Benjamin who work in every episode and she was nominated for one episode deal that really belonged in the geust actress catagory.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You