News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for moljul

moljul Profile Photo
Member Name: moljul
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Trailer For Bernadette Peters' New Film
 Oct 7 2012, 12:46:48 PM
If anyone is interested in knowing what the movie is REALLY about (and nothing here comes close), you may want to go to this site and read the synopsis.

The only gig the teenage daughter gets is I believe as a drug dealer, and unbeknownst to her mother.

Terri White Will Take FOLLIES to L.A.
 Dec 7 2011, 09:20:22 AM
Bernadette has a home and obviously a lot of friends in L.A. so I can see her as being a real possibility for the transfer. Lucky L.A.!

Follies - Current Rush Time?
 Nov 9 2011, 11:07:02 AM
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I think I'll go with my original plan of being there by 8 which seems to coincide with other's advice. I really want the tickets. My mom will be in town for a visit plus we don't really have more than the $37 budgeted so TKTS wouldn't really be an option. So I need to pretty much guarantee I'll get the tickets.

It's just been a really long week so the idea of getting out of bed any earlier than I have to on my one day off is unpleasant but I'

Nov 9 2011, 10:52:43 AM
Thanks for the response. What exactly is getting there early if the box office opens at 10?

Sorry to be so dense but I've never done rush before - for any show.

Nov 9 2011, 10:27:11 AM
So I'll be rushing Follies for the first time on Friday. Am wondering from anyone who has done it recently - what time do I need to get there? It seems attendance is down these days so I'm wondering how late I could get there and still be assured of getting a seat. Also didn't know if the Friday rushes are still busy even with attendance down during the week.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get tickets but don't want to crawl out of better super early if I don't have to.

Seating question - Marquis Theatre
 Nov 8 2011, 12:31:13 PM
A4 would be a good seat and I would grab it. You will be on the right hand side (audience right). There are some issues from the right with the staircase but I think since you are so close to the center aisle, that issues will be minor if anything. Further over in the row, might be a different story.

Do not accept any seats on audience left (A1, A3, etc.). You will have Bernadette blocked by Ron Raines for major portions of two songs.

Front row at the Marquis is fine and

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/6
 Nov 7 2011, 06:59:46 PM
There is a discount code good through Jan. 22nd. Probably holiday blackout dates, of course.

Code: DMFOL3

FOLLIES to replace FUNNY GIRL at CTG in Los Angeles?
 Nov 6 2011, 11:20:26 PM
Bernadette will not do a tour. She doesn't like to tour. She did it a lot as a kid and talks about how lonely it was. I doubt she thinks it is beneath her but just feels she doesn't have to do something she doesn't like. She doesn't need the work or they money.

She has addressed your example of the fact that she "tours" with her concert. She likes these because they are maybe a night or two and then she is home again.

Now a long sit in L.A. may be an option only becaus

Question re: FOLLIES rush
 Oct 26 2011, 04:44:39 PM
I'll ask as well PianoMann. I'm planning to rush on Friday, November 11th which is Veteran's Day so some people have a long weekend. Would I be foolish to not get there until 8 or 8:30? Is Saturday rush more difficult than a week day (in other words do you have to get there even earlier)? Any advice would be appreciated. Also what is the rundown on the procedure. Do you have to have cash?

Thanks.

Did Bernadette Take a Tumble Last Night?
 Oct 17 2011, 02:44:19 PM
Well she seems no worse for wear in these photos taken after the performance on Saturday night - and hardly geriatric! LOL

Did Bernadette Take a Tumble Last Night?
 Oct 16 2011, 11:46:52 PM
Ha! She's 63, hardly near death. I would guess her not seeing a chair which was apparently in the dark and perhaps in a place that it normally isn't had more to do with her not seeing it than her age. Human Beings, regardless of age, don't have the eyesight to see things in the dark. Now if she were Bernadette, the cat, well then at 63, she may have had a hard time seeing the chair.
Follies Souvenir program
 Oct 13 2011, 11:59:23 PM
Well maybe I misunderstood or just got a really dense bartender.
Follies Souvenir program
 Oct 13 2011, 11:03:56 PM
Really?? I asked if that was possible and was told no but that was during previews so maybe things have changed.
Follies Souvenir program
 Oct 13 2011, 10:39:23 PM
Yeah, I was too embarrassed to do it the first time I went but on the second viewing when I once again saw several left behind I thougth, What the Hell!
Follies Souvenir program
 Oct 13 2011, 12:29:57 PM
Fraulein - just do what I did. As you are exiting the theater, look around. Several people leave their Follies glass behind. Then just go home and wash it REALLY well. LOL

It's an interesting item but not worth buying the $15 drink you have to get to get the glass - at least to me and my very limited budget. Do need to get that program though. I have been waiting for it to be available. Yeah!

Anything Goes and Follies stage door?
 Oct 7 2011, 04:12:06 PM
Though Bernadette typically doesn't come out between shows so if its a 2 show day, go to the stage door after the evening show.
Follies/Twitter
 Oct 7 2011, 03:39:15 PM
Oh my god! I just checked out the FolliesPillow account. That is hysterical.
The Prickly Plural and Christopher Jones
 Sep 13 2011, 02:39:03 PM
I've only read the dog was responsible for the swollen face. I have no information on the cause of the other issues of the evening. But as an animal lover, I beg you all, let's not blame the dog. I'm sure he has better taste than that.
The Prickly Plural and Christopher Jones
 Sep 13 2011, 02:10:27 PM
Well I have a feeling this post is going to make several of you feel bad for harping on poor Mary Tyler Moore. Apparently she fell (tripped over her dog) and her face is swollen because of the incident but she wanted to be there to support her friend, Bernadette. So maybe we should stop the MTM bashing for a bit.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/14
 Aug 15 2011, 03:31:42 PM
Last week's grosses for Follies were based on it's first preview only. I think a lot of fans wanted to be there for the 1st. This week's figures show a more natural attendance for previews.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You