News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Westender2

Member Name: Westender2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HADESTOWN Reviews  Sep 29 2019, 07:30:39 PM

We saw it twice on our trip in June.  All OBC except first time we also had Khaila Wilcoxson as Eurydice.  She has a blues type voice and bought great soul to the performance.  Eva Noblezada bought more purity and innocence through her voice.  I thought both were excellent takes on the character and I neither preferred one over the other.  As for the other main four, Patrick, Amber, Andre & Reeve, all were simply fabulous too.  I will say that Andre

Hadestown - wait for next block of tickets or October?  Jul 4 2019, 04:57:56 PM

dramamama611 said: "That advice does the OP no giod as the entire purpose OF the trip us to see the show, so why would they want to risk it? That kind of info is only good for those that live in tbe city or are there often, so not seeing the show is no big deal.

"

I respectfully disagree.  I saw the prices drop to below face value levels basically every day we were in NYC for (which was 7).  How much below face value depends on your tolerance for

Hadestown - wait for next block of tickets or October?  Jul 3 2019, 03:05:49 AM

I bought tickets before the tony Nominations for $109 rear mezz, and we loved it and wanted to go back.  I was tracking stubhub and was able to snag a pair of rear side orchestra for $71.99 on stubhub (plus their 30% fees) but still way under value. That was this last Saturday night.  Sunday at 3pm they went for even cheaper.  Now the only thing I would say is I have a real tolerance for buying last minute.  Literally.  I bought 9 mins to showtime (was making sure the

The Prom Rush vs TDF  Jul 2 2019, 03:34:02 AM

Rushed Sunday (Pride) 30th June.  Must have been over 20 people ahead of me.  I was the first person not to get a rush.  Ended up buying rear centre balcony for $59 a piece as my wife wanted to see it.  Wouldn't pay that again on reflection now having seen the show.  

Beetlejuice Rush  Jul 2 2019, 03:13:28 AM

Rushed Thursday after going to the live GMA Adam Lambert show.  Got to the box office at about 9:40am.  Over 20 people ahead of me.  No issues getting rush.  I think they're basically selling rush to everyone who asks for it to fill the show!  Side orchestra seats.  

Hamilton Puerto Rico  Nov 13 2018, 01:02:26 AM

Hey,

Here's a seating chart I found on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/latinageek/status/1061403585806852098

Chicago Rush  Jan 15 2018, 12:46:24 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I am in awe of anyone who would go out for rush tickets (a foreign concept to me) in 7 F weather. You are a true fan. "

Thank you!  We live in Vancouver, BC and we’re in NYC for 12 nights.  We had a number of shows planned during our trip to NYC but wanted more.  The only affordable way at that point was to supplement with some rush seats which is what I did.  In the 12 nights I rushed 5 shows.  It wasn&rsquo

Line  Jan 10 2018, 11:31:45 PM

sdbroadwayfan said: "I'm the guy who was in front of you, and I did nothing wrong. I was told to come in for my two tickets. They asked me how many I wanted and I said I was ready to buy two or three tickets. They had three tickets right next to each other in the row B. They didn't have four. They had three. They told me I needed an extra person to buy three tickets, so I went outside and grabbed my daughter. Done.

When getting in the line at 5 AM, I was not aware

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/31/17  Jan 2 2018, 04:41:12 PM
Home For the Holidays made an extra $1338 on last week! Woohoo! LOL

Come From Away rush  Dec 30 2017, 11:38:36 AM

I just rushed this morning.  Man at the front wanted 5 seats for the evening show.  He switched on and off with his son, and at 9:40pm his daughter came and joined them.  Total BS.

Then the next 4 in front of me wanted 2 each for the matinee, leaving me the final 2 matinee seats.  It was cold and snowing lightly.  I arrived at roughly 7:40.  They let us in the box office area at 9:50, and tickets started at 10 on the nose.  There were many more people

Chicago Rush  Dec 29 2017, 07:12:40 PM

I rushed Chicago today.  Started at Anastasia but was obvious I would not get any rush seats, so bounced and went to Chicago.  8:35am arrival and I was the first in line.  At 8:45 a lady came out to say it would be standing room only today.  She let us into the box office area at about 8:55 which was really nice of her as it was bitterly cold (roughly 7 degrees f with the wind chill).  By then there were 3 of us in line, and many more followed shortly after.

Th

Line  Dec 28 2017, 01:35:32 PM

I did the cancellation line yesterday.  Got there at 7am on a 2 show Wednesday.  There were 5 professional line sitters there, plus one guy ahead of me.  The pros were waiting for 1 ticket each for a family of 5, and the one guy ahead of me needed 3 (his daughter came along a bit later to get the 3rd ticket.  Kind of crappy for those behind but not worth getting in a fight for.)

NYC is really cold right now, and yesterday was no exception.  Really cold.

Waitress Rush Tickets  Dec 26 2017, 10:06:09 PM

I rushed this morning.  8:30 for a 10am box office.  I got the last pair of seats for 2pm on a 2 show day.  Well worth it!  It was really cold but that didn't put the people off.  Lots of people behind me still!

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS  Dec 26 2017, 10:03:51 PM

I rushed today and while I don't know mush about Sara, Betsy was a standout star!  In fact, the whole cast was very strong indeed!

Current Easiest Lotteries?  Dec 26 2017, 10:01:23 PM

I won OOTI a few days ago.  $49 for a standing ticket.  Odds were pretty good given the time of year!  They did 20 standing tickets person.

The lady doing the draw was lovely, and at the time we asked about this week, and she said, "Yes, I heard there was no lottery, but no one told me I had the week off, I'm going to check!"  So I presume they changed their mind!

Amazingly wonderful show!  The theatre is so tiny and it runs 9

Charlie Rush Tickets  Dec 26 2017, 01:02:21 AM

Rushed today (Christmas Day.) 9th in line at 9:15.  At 10:00 someone came out and told us the box office would not be open until noon.  It was gold and every single person left.  I came back at 11:15 and was 10th in line.  At 11 they let us all in, and I got 2 row D side mezz seats for $40 each.  It was a great deal as the 2 next to us were on Ticketmaster for $199 each!

There were lots of seats still available on TM so I wonder how many rush seats they ended u

Hamilton second tour cast?  Dec 14 2017, 10:41:45 PM

Looks like they just announced it today:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Second-National-Tour-of-HAMILTON-Finds-Its-Hamilton-and-Burr-20171214

Hamilton second tour cast?  Nov 1 2017, 05:27:25 PM

Has anyone heard who will be in the second touring cast starting in Seattle on Feb 6th?

Thanks!

Come From Away Box Seats  Oct 22 2017, 02:12:55 PM

My in laws sat in box seats and loved it.  Thought it was a very unusual way to enjoy the show and said they could see almost anything.

as a result I’ve purchased box seats for Dec 29.  Looking st the other prices seems like it’s a pretty solid way to go!

Have July 20, 2018, need dec 2017?!  Oct 18 2017, 06:30:02 PM

Hi all,

i have a pair of rear mezz for Friday, July 20th 8pm. Wondering if anyone has anything Dec 21-30 2017 available as that’s when we’ll be in town now.

Happy to transfer through ticketmaster.

Thanks!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You