News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrepaul

theatrepaul Profile Photo
Member Name: theatrepaul
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PRISCILLA Closing June 24th  May 18 2012, 08:48:21 AM
I hope Tony doesn't do the US tour. Don't get me wrong, I have loved watching his Bernadatte, a wonderful, beautiful, touching performance.

I think Tony is a fantastic actor and now I really want to see him do something else

PRISCILLA Closing June 24th  May 17 2012, 11:27:38 AM
Not too suprising, I've been expecting this news for a little while.

I wonder what next for the wonderful Tony Sheldon?

TALES OF THE CITY  Feb 15 2012, 03:25:50 AM
Anyone know the latest on plans to stage the Tales of the City production that played SF last year, in either London or New York anytime soon?
I'm going to London  Jan 26 2012, 04:46:27 PM
Depends when you'll be here but productions I'd recommend include:

Musicals - Matilda, Singin in the Rain, Sweeney Todd

Plays - One Man, Two Guvnors, Noises Off

New song for Ellen in Miss Saigon - Translation  Jan 25 2012, 07:58:58 AM
EricMontreal - Im not sure exactly when it changed. I got the cast recording soon after the show opened, certainly within the first year of performance. I think various changes were incorporated into the show including the change to this song when the first cast change happened which was probably about a year into the run. Not sure whether Claire Moore ever sung it as Now That Ive Seen Her or if Ruthie Henshall who replaced her was first to sing it with those lyrics.
New song for Ellen in Miss Saigon - Translation  Jan 24 2012, 10:37:48 AM
EricMontreal, yes "Now That I've seen her" originally started out with some diffrent lyrics and was called "Her or Me". Claire Moore sings that version on the original London cast recording and it was in the show for (I think) around a year before it was changed for "Now That I've Seen Her" which was included along with other changes including an amended ending. Interesting that they've changed the song again. I'd love to see this new production - there have been rumours of a new London producti
Anyone into Miss Saigon?  Jan 24 2012, 09:59:13 AM
Miss Saigon is one of my all time favourite musicals. The story is so strong and told beautifully though an incredible score. I was lucky enough to see the original London cast when the show first opened and eventually saw the show more than 10 times.
Will Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton travel to Broadway?  Jan 5 2012, 12:24:48 PM
I'm really excited about seeing the show in London in March. Ball and especially Staunton are perfect casting. Given the universal praise the production received during its Chichester run, I expect the London run to be a huge success and would be very surprised if Broadway doesn't follow
Priscilla has been renewed for another year  Dec 12 2011, 04:23:05 PM
Any news on how long Tony Sheldon is due to appear?
Priscilla has been renewed for another year  Dec 6 2011, 06:06:10 PM
Are any cast changes planned for Priscilla's next year on Broadway?
END OF THE RAINBOW to Play Broadway's Belasco; Cumptsy, Pelphrey & Russell Join Cast  Nov 17 2011, 03:32:26 PM
Broadway you are in for a treat! I saw it twice during its London run. Tracie Bennett gives a quite incredible performance
Elena Rogers is EVITA 2012  Nov 15 2011, 03:35:53 AM
I wonder how Elena Roger in Evita will go down in NY? I loved seeing her play the part here in London, but the show wasn't excatly a massive success.
Stars who never miss a show?  May 29 2011, 07:00:25 PM
I believe that Tony Sheldon has an excellent performance record; he certainly did when here in London
Arcadia  May 25 2011, 06:55:26 PM
You should definitely see the whole play so that it makes total sense. Believe me its worth it!!
BOOK OF MORMON to play West End in 2012?  May 22 2011, 04:40:47 PM
Hmm, out of those, the Apollo would probably be best?
BOOK OF MORMON to play West End in 2012?  May 22 2011, 03:55:41 PM
I saw Book of Mormon on Broadway last week and can definitely see it having a decent run here in London.

Congratulations Tony Sheldon!!!  May 21 2011, 04:18:19 AM
I agree Nealb1. The London production was able to be much more faithful to the Australian orginial and as a result, overall it felt much more authentic. That said the Broadway production still has some wonderful things to enjoy.
Tony Awards Viewing  May 20 2011, 04:51:35 PM
Thank you so much

Tony Awards Viewing  May 20 2011, 04:34:00 PM
I'd be interested in that too
Congratulations Tony Sheldon!!!  May 20 2011, 03:40:37 PM
All I know is that after 25 years of regular theatre going, Tony Sheldon's peformance as Bernadette touched me very, very much, in a way only few actors have done thanks to his incredible performance. Having seen him 10 times now in the part, I will never tire of seeing him in the role.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You