News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Willy Loman2

Member Name: Willy Loman2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite Book of a Musical
 Jun 3 2018, 10:36:29 AM

Favorite Book of a Musical
 Jun 3 2018, 10:35:29 AM
If you could revive any Broadway flop?
 Apr 2 2018, 11:54:53 PM

Roza

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Apr 2 2018, 02:53:58 PM
Mama Mia

THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Previews
 Mar 31 2018, 02:30:31 PM

Agree about David Morse. I thought his costume and his hair seemed somewhat contemporary. I just thought he was badly miscast. For a great Larry Slade, watch Robert Ryan in the film version. He was amazing. But the part is very difficult because he repeats himself so much and it's hard to keep variety in the character. Loved Washington, although he did have to call for line twice during his long monologue which was a shame because it took me momentarily out of the story. I liked the young

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 30 2018, 05:09:15 PM

I saw Carousel on Wednesday and was absolutely enchanted by it. I though Joshua and Jessie were wonderful and I felt very strong chemistry between them. That first kiss was as sexy as anything I've ever seen in the theatre. I loved the staging. I can't imagine why people have such problems with it. I loved the chorepgraphy and all of the performances. If the script has been changed a little, so what? Shakespeare's plays are definitely classics and have you ever seen a production o

Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
 Feb 28 2018, 05:03:39 PM
Thank you, Broadway Concierge. My thoughts exactly!
Bernadette Peters and columi=nist end feud!
 Feb 26 2018, 11:54:28 PM

Reporting the fact that Murphy missed lots of performances is not being horrid. It was fair and accurate reporting.

How Many Dollys?
 Feb 26 2018, 11:52:13 PM
How was Phyllis?
How Many Dollys?
 Feb 26 2018, 11:51:02 PM

I have seen: Ginger Rogers (my first and favorite), Dorothy Lamour, Martha Raye, Pearl Bailey, Madeline Kahn, Carol Channing, Nell Carter, Yvonne DeCarlo and I'm seeing Bernadette next month (can't wait!!)

Fun Home Tour
 Aug 5 2017, 04:55:18 PM

Just saw it in Costa Mesa.  Cried through the whole thing.  Extraordinary!  Loved it Broadway as well but I think it works slightly better on the proscenium stage.  The Broadway cast was amazing but I liked the touring cast even more.  I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Sunset trivia - Lansbury and MacLaine?
 Aug 5 2017, 04:48:27 PM

Yes I remember Lansbury being mentioned.  I think that was about the time she got Murder She Wrote and so was unavailable.   If memory serves, Sondheim was originally talked about as the composer.

Adding an intermission to a one act show?
 Jul 22 2017, 04:14:57 PM

Why would you report them?  If you don't like them, then don't go. 

Favorite Broadway Musical Flops?
 Jul 9 2017, 01:07:26 AM

Roza was a wonderful show with a great performance by Georgia Brown.

Unpopular Opinions
 Jul 7 2017, 10:42:36 AM

I am over Patti LuPone.  I used to love her but I now find her performances to be self indulgent.  Everything she does says, "look at me! I'm so wonderful."  

Carol Channing is overrated in Hello, Dolly.  Her performance was a caricature.

Company is Sondheim's greatest show and the original production is one of the most exiting evenings I have ever spent in the theatre. 

I love Blood Brothers.

Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
 Jun 26 2017, 02:53:30 PM

Who did you like better?  Channing or Raye?

Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
 Jun 25 2017, 01:55:05 PM

Did you see Martha Raye or Phillis Diller as Dolly?  How were they? . I saw Martha but I don't remember much about her.

re: Why wasn't Channing in the HELLO, DOLLY movie?
 Jun 25 2017, 01:51:10 PM

Judy Garland as Dolly? What a wonderful idea.  She would have been amazing.  I've read that they also considered Julie Andrews!  Talk about miscasting!  I'm glad Streisand did it.  We would have always wondered, "what would Streisand's Dolly have been like?"   Also would have loved to have seen her as Mame!!!

ENCORES 25
 Jun 21 2017, 12:48:11 PM

Would love to see Wilcat!  

Bette and Patti
 Jun 18 2017, 04:33:33 PM

Patti has a beautiful voice but I find her annoying as a performer.  She is all about herself.  Her standing ovation at the Tony Awards was not a tribute to Bette but a way to bring focus on herself.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You