News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chrranke

Chrranke Profile Photo
Member Name: Chrranke
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Can you critique me?
 Aug 19 2013, 06:55:45 AM
I thought your rendition was very good. I am glad you didnt try to mimic the origial. You are stronger in the beginning and if you want my advice I would try to let loose and have more fun with it. Work on your upper register and focus yor tone more. Your vibrato is wonderful.
New Production of PARADE in Norway
 May 12 2013, 06:39:59 AM
No it is in norwegian.
 May 8 2013, 11:25:47 AM

www.dropbox.com/sh/5ijuw0i0ck7whb4/Jtus0ZJPtg#f:IJ.0199_0323.jpg

May 8 2013, 11:24:49 AM
Hi all!

I know this is board is for productions on the Great White Way but I just had to tell you about this norwgian production of PARADE. I went to the opening night. The production is staged in an old factory buliding that has been converted into a theatre. But the factory was bulit in 1912 so the atmosphere was fantastic AND the opening night was 4/26. Houndred years to the day of Mary Phagans murder.

The actors were perfect anf the guy playing Leo Frank lookd so much like

THE WOMAN IN WHITE - Why All The Hate?
 Jan 4 2013, 11:32:01 AM
I found the music to be really good for the most part and if Lloyd Webber had written few more stand out tunes and done some tweaking to the first act with the young lovers, I think it would be even better. In this score he takes some chances. Not the case in Whistle and the Beautiful Game.

I belive my heart is aweful. And that was the signature, song sadly. But I found Evermore without you to be really beautiful.

The opening is wonderful and creepy.

All in all I think

Andrew Lloyd Webber Recycles
 Jul 18 2012, 09:38:39 PM
Yes I knew! He even noted that in the "making of" book about Sunset Blvd. He does this all the time. I have many examples of this. Here is a typical example; When Lloyd Webber wrote Jeeves there was a song called Half a moment. The bridge in that song became the bridge in As if we never said goodbye in Sunset Blvd.

When he re-wrote Jeeves in 96 he had to change the bridge enough so it didn't sound the same. The rewritten bridge was THEN used in a song The Woman in White.

Ther

ROUNDABOUT to revive MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD
 Dec 21 2011, 09:10:26 AM
Mark Kudish for Jasper!!!!
Your biggest Broadway crush
 Dec 21 2011, 07:51:37 AM
Since I'm bi I have to give two of both:

Woman: Sheri Rene Scott, Stephanie Block
Man: Raul Esparza, Roman Fruge

When will 'Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary' be released on DVD in America?
 Nov 28 2011, 04:06:06 PM
I heard from my inside sources that he didn't want to sing for two reasons. Reason one is that he was tired after the weekend performances of "Wizard of Oz". He had done both the matinee and evening performance. Reason two was that he didn't know if he would be able to sing cause he gets very emotional when it comes to the show that changed his career and life. And as you can see he is already crying 5 seconds in.

Also the fact that Sarah Brightman "sang" was not part of the plan either. They had originally four Christines lined up as well who would sing different part of the song.
But Lloyd Webber managed to persuade her to sing. Wished he hadn't

When will 'Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary' be released on DVD in America?
 Nov 28 2011, 11:59:52 AM
I'm amazed your post hasn't been deleted by the administrator but in any case, good luck! :)

It's already out in the UK and I have the Blu-ray. Its amazing and it's not the same version they showed in the cinema. MUCH better editing and almost no video noise from the LED screens. It is FAR superior to the 2004 movie.

Justin Bieber To Star In Toronto LES MIS?
 Oct 6 2011, 01:51:12 PM
Bieber doesn't know what Germany is. I doubt he knows what Les Miserables is.

But this would be one time i would probably "boo" during applause. I would have done the same had I seen Nick Jonas.

Understudy fetishism?
 Aug 12 2011, 09:44:45 AM
I was an understudy for Javert in Les Miz back in 2006/7. I did not have in my contract that I would go on for sure and I never got to go on. I am fine with that even though I sure wish I would have since its a dream role.

The one thing that wasn't okay was that the actor playing the role often would feel like he was beginning to get sick and asking me if I was ready just in case (I was!) and then playing the performances. That made me enjoy the job I was doing on stage less, since I

Broadway Revivals that used the original Production/Staging
 Apr 8 2011, 09:12:49 AM
Les Misearables used the same sets and almost the same direction when it returned to Broadway a few years back.
Jason Robert Brown Fan Mail?
 Jan 28 2011, 04:33:30 AM
Im always surprised how many of you here get offended so easily. Of course it was a joke!! and a really funny one too!
Alice Ripley's new album
 Dec 10 2010, 03:57:24 PM
she is not very pretty on the cover. Hope it's not the final art
Next to Normal (Not Norway but Finland) Clips
 Dec 9 2010, 04:50:40 PM
This is definetly not from the norway production. Seen it 4 times and I know norwegian. This is not norwegian. This is from Finland

LES MISERABLES - THE MOTION PICTURE is finally back on track!
 Nov 18 2010, 01:31:24 PM
I really liked evita. the only thing bad was Madonna Even Lloyd Webber thinks it would have been great if a proper singer would have done it. but it was her or no movie.
Emily Skinner looks great!
 Nov 18 2010, 04:16:29 AM
You don't have to say much on this board to get your message deleted, huh!

Well I for one understood her well but I guess it's all about what you are used to. Her accent is legit but its a thick british accent. If you are going for authentic good but would be nice to understand the plot too

LES MISERABLES - THE MOTION PICTURE is finally back on track!
 Nov 18 2010, 04:08:09 AM
Yes, Working Title is the name of the production company. They have made lots of great movies such as Bridget jones, Love Actually, Notting Hill, Four Weddings and a funural. All those movies starred Hugh Grant so Im guessing this will as well
Emily Skinner looks great!
 Nov 17 2010, 11:06:12 AM
Yes it would! I hope not.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You