News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jlindsey865

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
Member Name: jlindsey865
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 15 2024, 11:19:23 AM

It’s beautiful.

New musical YES! to premiere in Nashville
 Apr 10 2024, 06:25:19 PM

Nashville’s theatre scene is a bit of a joke, so this will fit right in.

Mar 21 2024, 09:01:48 AM

https://x.com/vanityfair/status/1770790034985160889?s=46

Don’t really understand the concept behind the Fiyero photo, but loving most of what I am seeing here! 

Feb 16 2024, 01:44:05 PM

SweetLips22 said: "Well I thought that was awful but will still go to see the finished product. That green on black and white on white looked like too much pan cake for me. Overall I wanted to be dazzled Wonka[original] style but maybe that's to come. This clip was too dark."

I'll take "People Who Invalidate Their Opinions By Staying Stupid Shit" for $200, please.

Feb 12 2024, 11:42:45 PM

Every time I watch the trailer, I can’t believe there are people who don’t like it.  It’s beautiful!  However, people are certainly entitled to their opinions.

The overall reception to the trailer has been extremely positive - which bodes well for the film’s release!

Feb 12 2024, 09:01:49 AM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I found this trailer to be fantastic.  It was everything I wanted!  I think there is a great balance of practical sets and CGI.  

Additionally, I found the growl in Cynthia's battle call to be a great choice.  I think she sounds incredible, and I cannot wait to hear the soundtrack.  Question - will there be two soundtracks released to coincide with both movies?

Granted, it's a short trailer, so

Dec 12 2023, 10:33:34 AM

I've heard that the trailer will be released during the Super Bowl.

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December
 Dec 9 2023, 04:03:17 PM

Will this be eligible for Oscar noms?

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December
 Dec 8 2023, 02:53:51 PM

My friend sadly has COVID and can't use her ticket, so I have an extra ticket for tonight's 7:00 showing at the Union Square AMC, if anyone is interested.

Waitress @ Tribeca Film Festival
 Jun 16 2023, 11:11:33 AM

Has anyone tried the rush line?

Funny Girl tickets for sale
 Jun 6 2023, 02:57:30 PM

Won the lottery for tomorrow evening & now can’t make the show.

DM if you’re interested in buying the tickets.  Just trying to get back what I paid.

$95 for both tickets.

May 3 2023, 07:40:23 PM

I really hope they don’t explicitly show Elphaba living at the end like they do in the stage show.  As much as I do enjoy the show, I think that part of the finale is so corny.

I would be fine with the implication that she lives, but I hope it’s not super obvious.

Apr 27 2023, 06:41:07 AM

I know it’s only a short clip, but they sound incredible together.  I also love Cynthia’s DG choices so far.

Apr 20 2023, 12:43:27 PM

She takes the Hilty option at the end of NOMTW.  I’m obsessed.

Apr 18 2023, 03:07:09 PM

Ariana Grande's fans are so impressive.  I saw an Instagram post where one of them were filming outside of the set, and you can clearly hear Ariana singing the "...and goodness knows the Wicked's lives are lonely" line in NOMTW.  While the quality of the recording is not perfect, Ariana sounds phenom.

Apr 17 2023, 04:06:42 PM

Ahhhh - what a queen.  I am already so excited about this.  From what I’ve seen so far (which is, admittedly, not a ton of material), Jon’s vision for this adaptation is spot on.

Apr 11 2023, 10:13:47 AM

Alexander Lamar said: "ljay889 said: "marytylermoore said: "God bless the Ariana fans

These leaked images are exciting. This costume!!!!https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq0DCEdtZbp/
"

Isn't this a fan edit?
"

Yes, and that side profile doesn’t remotely look anything like Ariana (I’m sad to have the knowledge to be able to say that).

To me it looks like the actress who played Luna in the HP films but honestly who know where these fans grab photos for edits.

"

Also, if that was going to be one of Grande’s Glinda costumes, I would be concerned about the artistic vision for this film.

Apr 11 2023, 07:28:36 AM

Tag said: "Listener said: "It's Munchkinland because you can see the yellow brick road winding out from the center of it."

I saw that, but I just thought Munchkinland doesn't factor that much into Wicked to warrant such a huge set being built.
"

With the recent casting call for a young Nessarose, my assumption is that we will see some amount Elphaba’s (and Nessa’s) childhood that, if I remember correctly, takes pl

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl - CLOSING DATE ANNOUNCED
 Mar 4 2023, 01:51:18 PM

The “Lea Michelle is racist” crowd is so annoying.

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
 Jan 31 2023, 11:29:54 AM

I can’t think of a better person to honor Mazzie’s legacy than O’Hara.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You