News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for boardwalker2

boardwalker2 Profile Photo
Member Name: boardwalker2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

All that chat is just reporting HOW TO SUCCEED's 100th performance cancelle  Jun 22 2011, 10:43:03 PM
Thanks for the update madbrian. Hoping for the best.
All that chat is just reporting HOW TO SUCCEED's 100th performance cancelle  Jun 22 2011, 09:28:09 PM
Oh God, I hope it's not as serious as reported. My thoughts and prayers for the best are with all involved; family, cast and crew. Heavy prayer time.
Which play should I see?  Apr 3 2011, 07:39:47 PM
Good People first and foremost. If you're able to see a second play, absolutely War Horse.
The House of Blue Leaves — whats the buzz?  Apr 1 2011, 09:41:06 PM
I'll jump on the masterpiece bandwagon.

When I saw Blue Leaves in 1987 I didn't know what to expect being completely unfamiliar with the play. Once I had seen it, I couldn't forget it and went back two more times. The cast; especially Mahoney and Kurth were incredible.

I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

HOW TO SUCCEED... Reviews  Mar 30 2011, 09:46:23 AM
"Why can't Broadway be a home for BOTH rising stage actors AND TV/movie stars who want to play the Great White Way?"

Because it's a business, and producers will not in most circumstances choose rising stage actors without proven draw over TV/movie stars who are proven commodities. I don't blame the producers, they are after all looking to recoup their investments.

At the risk of sounding juvenille; it's an unfair playing field.

D. Radcliffe obviously loves thea

HOW TO SUCCEED... Reviews  Mar 28 2011, 08:21:57 AM
I agree with Brantly to a degree.

IMO Ashford screwed this up with over aggressive choreography and miscasting. I felt like I was watching a group Floor Excersise competition at the Olympics. It seemed to me so heavily choreographed that the plot could never gain firm footing and the characters never connected. At least not for me.

Kudos and much respect to Radcliffe for thinking outside the box of movie star, and whom I thought was trying his best; but he is miscast IMO. He s

Did the Tony Awards also cause Bret's appendectomy?  Mar 25 2011, 07:37:46 PM
It was reported at the time of the accident that he had missed his mark and was struck by a piece of scenery; so I don't see where his lawsuit has any teeth.
Message to Billy Joel  Mar 25 2011, 10:41:30 AM
^^^
I see that ? and raise you a - huh?

Favorite Scenic Design  Mar 20 2011, 01:59:21 PM
Phantom of the Opera
A Tale of Two Cities
Pirate Queen
La Bete (2010)

BILLY ELLIOT dancer, 12, killed in UK bus accident  Mar 20 2011, 01:54:15 PM
Heartbreaking. RIP tiny dancer. Thoughts and prayers to her family. Condolences to the cast and crew of Billy Elliot.
Your Most Hated Musical  Mar 20 2011, 01:50:23 PM
A tie between the last revival of Grease and Cry Baby. Although I loved Ashford's Choreography for the later, so I guess in reality Grease wins since it made my eyes bleed and CB didn't.
2011 best musical nominees  Mar 20 2011, 01:35:32 PM
"The Book of Mormon - which I will be shocked if it's NOT nominated."

I'll be shocked if Book of Mormon doesn't win. That said, along with Mormon, I think Priscilla and Catch Me if You Can will be nominated. Personally, I'd love to see The Scottsboro Boys and Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson in the mix. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

H2$ v. Book of Mormon  Mar 19 2011, 07:07:40 AM
No contest - Book of Mormon.
Jim Parsons Joins NORMAL HEART  Mar 8 2011, 11:34:37 AM
Not at all a fan of Parsons, but I'm excited about Lee Pace.

Cheyenne tweeted yesterday:

Cheyguynyc - Cheyenne Jackson:
"4 those who asked, due to my 30 Rock/GLEE schedule, I'm not gonna be able 2 be a part of "Normal Heart," but wish "Merde!" to all involved."

How to Succeed  Jan 14 2011, 05:08:10 PM
David Hyde Pierce was the voice of the book for a production in - I believe Niagara - a couple years ago. Maybe he's doing it for this production as well.

Correction: It was White Plains;

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/117070-White-Plains-How-to-Succeed-with-Wilson-Wyman-and-Abramovitz-Begins-April-24

Sondheim Birthday Concert on PBS tonight!  Nov 28 2010, 11:02:50 AM
ace33 - Go to the Great Performances web-site:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/

click the Schedule link at the top of the page. It will prompt you for your, Zip Code, Cable Company, and PBS Network in your area - it will then give you a list of the times the show will be rebroadcast.

Here in the Albany area (NY) - it's showing again tonight at 9:00pm and 3 more times during the week at 1:00am.

Good luck and enjoy!

La Bete Closing Jan 9  Nov 15 2010, 01:49:49 PM
Indeed. Thank you Yankee.
La Bete Closing Jan 9  Nov 15 2010, 12:59:18 PM
I first saw the show in Oct. After 15 minutes, I found Rylance more an annoyance than anything else. I didn't dislike his performance - I just tired of it. I thought Pierce was the best part of the show, even though the role of Elomire is thankless. The scenes between he and Ms. Lumley were very good. The Canadian gentleman that played Elomire's sidekick (whose name I have shamefully forgotten)was also very good.

All in all I thought the performances were good. It's the play that's bad.

La Bete Closing Jan 9  Nov 15 2010, 11:22:58 AM
Just received an e-mail from telecharge. I had Tix for a Feb. All shows after January 9 are cancelled.

November, 2010

Dear Telecharge.com Patron:

You are receiving this email because you have ordered tickets for LA BETE at the Music Box Theatre for a performance after January 9th. Please be advised that LA BETE will play its final performance on Sunday, January 9, 2011 and has canceled all performances after that date.

LA BETE Reviews  Oct 14 2010, 10:06:11 PM
Brantley's Review:

http://theater.nytimes.com/2010/10/15/theater/reviews/15bete.html

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You