News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sondheimluvchild

Sondheimluvchild Profile Photo
Member Name: Sondheimluvchild
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Brooklyn at TKTS
 Feb 11 2005, 11:40:37 PM
Could somebody please tell me if Brooklyn has been on the TKTS booths lately? ANd if the show is any good?
re: Audition for NYU
 Jan 5 2005, 02:42:55 AM
If I were you, I would stay clear of NYU. It is way too expensive and way too overrated. If you saw their production of Sweeney Todd you would understand where I am comming from. Your better off taking your talents to another school.
re: Sweeney Todd in a HIGH SCHOOL?!
 Dec 14 2004, 01:48:38 PM
If NYU couldnt pull it off then there is no way a high school could pull it off either.
re: Favorite emotionally moving play?
 Dec 12 2004, 07:26:45 PM
The most emotionally moving play I've seen is "Wit". Probably wouldnt be able to do in high school but it is still worth looking at. The HBO movie version is also excellent.
re: Summer at Tisch
 Dec 10 2004, 11:09:07 AM
I believe I struck a nerve with you Erin with my criticisms about the show. Sweeney Todd happens to be one of my favorite shows and I have seen it performed countless times both professionally and at the college level. For a college level production, Sweeney Todd was not up to par with other productions I have seen at less prestigous schools. For some reason you keep attacking me with false accusations about posting here before. I am sure that there are a number of people registered on this boar
re: Worst Performances by a gifted actor
 Dec 10 2004, 11:02:11 AM
Two years ago, I took a theatre class at Oxford University. We spent a good portion of that class discussing Cabaret. Granted, I did not see her perform it live but the I've seen about a dozen clips and listened to the soundtrack countless times. If you could have seen and heard them you would understand why Judi Dench made a horrible Sally. The woman can not sing! And I don't know what reviews you have read about it, but I can assure you that I have read nothing but negative reviews about her p
Worst Performances by a gifted actor
 Dec 10 2004, 12:22:15 AM
Forgive me if this has been posted before since I am new to this board. What is the absolute worst peformance given by a prestigous actor or actress?

For me, I will have to say that the worst performance would have to go to Dame Judi Dench. Firstly, let me say that I love her in mostly everything. However, her performance in the West End production of Cabaret was atrocious. Have you heard the recordings or seen any clips? I have and it's not pretty.

Dec 9 2004, 11:57:04 PM
First of all, I am not posting under two names. I just came to this board yesterday so I hardly know what you are talking about. I wasn't aware that you were a Tisch student so I can understand why you would take to offense my comments. That was the first show I have seen at Tisch and I guess I was disappointed with the quality of the direction and performances. I expected something more from such a prestigous school. Perhaps, I should see more shows from Tisch before making any more judgements
 Dec 9 2004, 08:49:22 PM
For someone who has never seen it or been in it I am shocked you are taking my opinion of it so seriously. The show was overall a big mess. The actors had decent voices but I have seen high school teens who could act better than them. The direction was sloppy. I will say that the man who played Pirelli was wonderful. In contrast the actor who played Sweeney was dreadful. To keep it short, I expected a lot more out of a school that is so well respected in the theatre community.
re: GREASE the musical
 Dec 9 2004, 08:43:55 PM
I'm going to help you by giving you some great advice. Quit the show! Don't waste your talents on a piece of garbage like grease.
re: GREASE the musical
 Dec 9 2004, 08:43:54 PM
I'm going to help you by giving you some great advice. Quit the show! Don't waste your talents on a piece of garbage like grease.
re: My (WAY EARLY) Tony Predictions '04-'05....
 Dec 9 2004, 03:09:55 PM
I am pretty confident 12 angry men will sweep the board. It was a top notch production. The performances in Doubt were excellent and stand a good chance but I doubt(no pun intended) its going to win for best play.
 Dec 9 2004, 02:57:10 PM
If it is possible, I would check out some of the productions they put on. If you had seen their recent production of Sweeney Todd you would probably reconsider applying there.
re: SWEENEY TODD fans...
 Dec 9 2004, 02:55:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing it.
re: Who stood outside the Music Box last night and chatted with Sondheim fo
 Dec 9 2004, 02:51:23 PM
I was attending a production of Sweeney Todd in May at the Derby Playhouse in England. It was very fortunate for me because Stephen Sondheim was in attendence. I was shocked because I read some where that he doesnt like to attend his own shows. I over heard somebody say that he was there to support his good friend Jenny Galloway who was performing as Lovett. The show was amazing, one of the best productions of the show I've seen. At the end everybody gave a standing ovation with special recognit
re: * New Poll Topic * - Your Grammy Vote
 Dec 9 2004, 01:04:45 AM
Obviously Assassins. Is there anything better?
re: What's the first show you saw twice?
 Dec 9 2004, 01:01:07 AM
Into the woods
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You