News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DivaBrigader

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
Member Name: DivaBrigader
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.culturish.org
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 27 2024, 12:44:34 PM

It’s possible they petitioned for that and the TAC didn’t accept the petitions. All petitions are still subject to approval.

SUFFS Previews  Mar 29 2024, 12:10:49 PM

Is it announced what days Taub is not performing (since there's an alternate listed in the Playbill)?

Tony Awards Eligibility 2023-2024  Dec 5 2023, 04:10:33 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides said:

"Here's something else to think about:If the acting categories were degendered last season, only Victoria Clark or J. Harrison Ghee would’ve won Best Lead Performance in a Musical. Had Ghee won, it would’ve been at the expense of Clark winning for what is sure to go down as a legendary performance. Had Clark won, it would’ve been at the expense of Ghee’s history-making win. I doubt anyone would've really wanted eith

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023  Mar 29 2023, 10:19:21 AM

I have seen hundreds of Broadway shows across three decades and this might be the single greatest night I’ve ever had at the theatre. Not hyperbole. I cried four times. The highlights:

-Fully staged “Prologue” with original choreography!

-Five standing os: “Prologue,” “Wheels of a Dream” (the longest obviously), “Back to Before” (more on this below), “Make Them Hear You,” curtain call where they brought out the original kids Alex Strange and Lea Michele and Ahrens and Flaherty! I’d also count “Your Daddy’s Son” as such prolonged applause it was standing o-like. I think people were just too emotional and it led right into the next scene. (Maybe "New Music" was also a standing o? There were a lot.)

-It’s devastating that Marin Mazzie isn’t with us to reprise Mother. It’s a tragedy. But the replacement was Kelli O’Hara (not too shabby&hellip and her ”BTB” was SO crystalline, so clear, so emotional. I’m still thinking about it.

-I love discovering a new musical as well but there’s something about being in an audience of deeply invested theatre lovers who know where the greatest songs are and you can hear and feel the full room catching their breaths at the same time.

-Lea Michele introduced an In Memoriam segment after the intermission that paid tribute to those in the “Ragtime” family who have ”journeyed on” and Stephen Flaherty came out to play the accompaniment on the piano.

-Did I mention just…Stokes and Audra??? STOKES AND AUDRA.

-Peter Friedman, Mark Jacoby, Steven Sutcliffe, Lynnette Perry all OGs and all performing in beautiful voice. It was like Friedman was back in 1998. And Perry...not sure if she retired by choice but somebody put her in a show now!

-Still can’t believe this year at the Tonys had “Ragtime,” “The Lion King,” and the “Cabaret” revival. In one season! And "Lion King" is still playing at the Minskoff where the concert was. Heh.

Ahmanson's Broadway-Bound(?) THE SECRET GARDEN announces further casting  Mar 17 2023, 11:23:10 AM

I had a chance to see this last Friday - one of the Mary alternates, Ava Madison Gray, was on, and the rest of the regular cast was on as scheduled.

I am a DIEHARD TSG fan (it was my very first Broadway musical I saw when I was 8, and it made me the monster I am today!) so I will welcome any chance to see this glorious score sung live. Besides the OBC, I saw both the concert with Rebecca Luker reprising Lily as well as the Lincoln Center concert with Daisy Eagan, Sierra Boggess and Syd

Lillias White Calling Out Deaf Audience Member For Using CC Device  Oct 13 2022, 10:06:01 AM

SeanD2 said: "Honest question since I've never used one of the captioning devices. Are they real time or preprogrammed? I guess what I'm really asking is did this woman see the transcription of Lilias White calling her out or did the captioning just turn off for a moment waiting for the cue that the official script had started back up?"

The audience member may not be 100% Deaf to require a captioning device.

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Mar 7 2022, 12:03:20 PM

The Pam & Tommy series was notably made without her permission though - a show based on her violation that is essentially once again violating her. So it will always be controversial for that reason, even though the reviews have been stellar and (as noted above) they are portraying her in a positive light. I do think the revitalized interest in her brought us the Chicago casting though.

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season  Dec 6 2021, 01:46:00 PM

JSquared2 said: "fashionguru_23 said:

Harry Connick Jr's bigger mistake was the Maybe (Reprise) that he wrote for himself. The lyrics were very klunky. After hearing the songs for the upteenth time, you expect to hear the melody and it didn't seem like that.

Uhh, sorry to break it to you, but Harry Connick Jr. didn't write "Maybe" (or the reprise). There was a "Maybe" Reprise that Albert Finney sang in the original

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Jan 12 2021, 02:49:14 PM

nealb1 said: "This is a movie about Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. Not a movie about Lucy & Ricky Ricardo.

Lucille Ball had a lot of highs, and lot of lows. The Commie Red Scare, Desi's womanizing, his drinking, the divorce. These are far from funny topics.

BrodyFosse123 is right. This is being done by Lucie & Desi, Jr. If they are ok with it, then there you go.
"

The plot of the movie is one week in the filming of I Love

Cameo.Com  Dec 15 2020, 12:35:11 PM

VintageSnarker said: "If I had the cash to splash, I'd go with someone like Susan Egan who seems to take time to make them special and rewrite songs from her most popular roles. I think Cameo started off a little cringe but some people are turning out more professional video responses these days."

My boyfriend got me a surprise Cameo from Susan Egan for my birthday last year to go along with tickets/M&G to the Broadway Princess Party and she SANG on the Cameo

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 3 2020, 10:28:32 AM

Ravenclaw said: "Which leads to an interesting philosophical question...Is being mean to people of color racist if you're uniformly nasty to people of every race? Like the comedians who call themselves "equal-opportunity offenders," in a way. But if you're causing that much harm and destruction to the people around you, does it really matter whether or not yourmotivations are race-related?"

It's up for the people of color she harasses to dec

How do we feel about the 1999 Annie?  May 4 2020, 01:51:49 PM

Alexis Kalehoff and Alicia Morton are best friends, dating back to the time they were both in "Les Miserables" on Broadway together as kids.

How do we feel about the 1999 Annie?  May 4 2020, 01:14:36 PM

JBroadway said: "She's also played Miss Hannigan a couple of times, once with her daughter as Annie."

Andrea McArdle's daugher Alexis Kalehoff has never played Annie (although you can get a glimpse of her auditioning for the 1997 revival on the ABC "Turning Point" special on YouTube). She did star relatively recently with her mom in "Les Miserables" at Ogunquit Playhouse - Andrea as Fantine, Alexis as Eponine.

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April  Feb 5 2020, 12:18:29 PM

GOT MINE! JUST CLICK MEMBER PRESALE GUYS EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY NOT BE A MEMBER!

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April  Feb 5 2020, 12:08:23 PM

I'm so anxious! Left them a VM also.

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April  Feb 5 2020, 12:04:25 PM

Has the website opened up for anyone yet (for gen nonmember tix)?

Previews  Dec 20 2018, 11:41:28 AM

sueb1863 said: "I'll say it again, whoever told Aiken that it was a good idea to dye his hair gray or white needs a good talking to. He looks twenty years older. Plus it's probably scorching his hair."

It's his natural hair - he went prematurely all white.

Rembember When Raul Esparza Lost the Tony to David Hyde Pierce...  Oct 30 2018, 05:01:19 PM

uncageg said: "Still think it was due to a split of some kind between Cheno and Pinkins causing Menzel to win. Loved Menzel but Pinkins was incredible. JMO"

This isn't vote splitting. Vote splitting by definition is a specific phenomena in which the distribution of votes amongst similar performances/performers is split giving something dissimilar the chance to win. Cheno and Pinkins gave totally unrelated performances in totally different styles of shows. If

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Oct 5 2017, 03:08:33 PM

It seems worth noting that the Higgins is younger than the Eliza...?

Same Day Tix for Come From Away & Hello Dolly (w/ Bette)  Aug 12 2017, 12:21:15 AM

Yeah,,,Dolly with Bette is not on TKTS. There are barely any tickets left on Ticketmaster for her run - you will need to buy those in advance and frankly be lucky to find availability at all. Donna plays Tuesdays.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You